Longello

Chat about anything football related here!
Flairon

Re: Longello

Post by Flairon »

Why is he being called a poser?
Flairon

h69

Post by h69 »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:36 pm
Brookbonds73 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:49 pm

The thing with that Joe, is the cunt is so one dimensional, I doubt very much if he'd recognise a budding talent, if it fell on him. The Rooney situation was a one off exception to the rule, he was knocking over seasoned pros at fifteen, everyone knew it, he'd have been lynched for not giving him a start. I wonder how many talents he's let slip by having a style that only he thinks is right.
No doubt we'll find out in 4 or 5 years when the likes of Alese, Okoflex, Perkins & the rest are tearing new arseholes at Europe's top table.

Just like Nathan Holland and Josh Cullen, two others who a while back were going to be the new shining lights at West Ham, are doing today.
To be fair, Cullen has actually done well at his new club but to caveat that he is playing in the Belgian league.

But you are right, we keep banging on about the fact that they are not given a chance but are they good enough in training to displace the 1st XI ? I dont watch training but I guess it was unlikely last season.

Its not like all those players we gave away have become superstars....Stanislas is the only one I can think of that has had a decent career (recently) as I am not going to go all the way back to Ray Houghton.

Martinez was supposed to be a sensation but we wouldn't play him.....7 goals in 36 games for Porto suggests he is pretty average
Samuelson couldn't make it at Hull and now plays back in Norway
Xande Silva is at Forest but only managed 10 games in the Championship.

The u23 league really overinflated the perception of how good these players are I think. I am not saying they are not good enough and never will be. I am saying that so far they probably have not done enough to earn their place in the side. I remember the old days where a youth player had to earn their way in but there were reserve teams then where players could toughen up. Did anyone not think that Perkins looked too lightweight when playing the couple of games he got ?

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Well we will have a rough idea when the window closes and who we got on the bench. It needs to read intent.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Strange to see Sonny Perkins is out of contract tomorrow and is likely to leave....there also seems a number of U23´s, also at the end of their contracts....I can see a mass exodus happening this summer due to lack of chances under Moyes

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

andyginbrasil wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:50 pm Strange to see Sonny Perkins is out of contract tomorrow and is likely to leave....there also seems a number of U23´s, also at the end of their contracts....I can see a mass exodus happening this summer due to lack of chances under Moyes
I understand Sonny “boy” Perkins has had his head turned by rumours from other clubs and has demanded a ridiculous pay increase.

JayK

Post by JayK »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:55 pm
andyginbrasil wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:50 pm Strange to see Sonny Perkins is out of contract tomorrow and is likely to leave....there also seems a number of U23´s, also at the end of their contracts....I can see a mass exodus happening this summer due to lack of chances under Moyes
I understand Sonny “boy” Perkins has had his head turned by rumours from other clubs and has demanded a ridiculous pay increase.
The chances he did get, albeit very limited, never made me think he was ready for the step up either
COYI!!!

palerider

Post by palerider »

JayK wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:59 pm
Dwayne Pipes wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:55 pm

The chances he did get, albeit very limited, never made me think he was ready for the step up either
Time will tell but I'm reminded a bit of the last best thing since sliced bread in his position at West Ham, Freddie Sears.

A decent enough career but no Harry the chin.

h69

Post by h69 »

Good. If they aren't good enough best get rid.