West Ham vs Man City Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
terrya1965

Re: West Ham vs Man City Official Match Thread

Post by terrya1965 »

Let's be Frank here,Moyes played not to get hammered..End of.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

terrya1965 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:24 am Let's be Frank here,Moyes played not to get hammered..End of.
As will a lot of teams our standard or below, as Whiskey said, only really 3 teams likely to compete with them.

As a thought though, I wonder how much the introduction of Haaland made our views change even before the team selection. I can honestly say it changed mine, if he wasn't there I would have harboured thoughts of coming away with a draw. I wonder if it had the same affect on Moyes.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

dagenhamdave

Post by dagenhamdave »

With our new giant up front I can see a lot of "hoofing" happening in the future? :shock:

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

terrya1965 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:24 am Let's be Frank here,Moyes played not to get hammered..End of.
Up against a team who were there for the taking , they were well below their best in my opinion . So no end of ! .

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

dagenhamdave wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:48 am With our new giant up front I can see a lot of "hoofing" happening in the future? :shock:
I doubt that very much due to the fact if the keeper has the ball you can guarantee the team are all in our own half .

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

eskimo joe wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:20 am
Whiskyman wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:43 am We just got back from a family week in Lanzarote so I only caught the last 35 minutes live. It was Manchester City FFS. They outclassed us, as any team of their ability will do against most of the other teams in the PL. Honestly I can only see Liverpool or Spurs giving them any sort of concern this season.

Hopefully we will have learned something about game management. The way City took the piss after their second goal was exactly the way a game should be killed off. Keep possession with simple little pass and move routines, not jus hoofing the ball upfield for it to come straight back.

The only positives I could draw from that game is that we only have to play them once more and Scamacca looked as if he is a striker who has something between his ears, which is a nice change. And on the evidence of that last 35 minutes the sooner Vlasic, or bloody anybody, comes in for Benrahma the better. His performances when we're out of possession are always pretty pathetic so what Moyes was thinking when he picked his for yesterday's game, when we were always going to be ball watching most of it, only he knows.

Let's hope lessons have been learned.
All of us were expecting nothing from this game and that's all we got " nothing ". Will Moyes have learnt something from this game?! Well I asked similar in my other post, he might have learnt but will he change the way he thinks. Somehow I doubt it. He continued his same tactics long after they were sussed so I find it hard to think he will alter his views well before it's too late. We will see, but he needs to shake it up a bit.

Now I read ( yeh yeh probably Bs) that he is again complaining that he needs more players to liven up a stale squad. Pity he didn't think of that earlier., Like in January.
I wouldn't say many expected a hammering just because of the calibre of the Man City team ( who looked rather jaded in my opinion ) but because of how many thought Moyes would setup the team and the selection . Got to say also that not bringing in a LB , LW , CM in the starting eleven earlier in the transfer window has hampered our progress .

palerider

Post by palerider »

eskimo joe wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:20 am
Whiskyman wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:43 am We just got back from a family week in Lanzarote so I only caught the last 35 minutes live. It was Manchester City FFS. They outclassed us, as any team of their ability will do against most of the other teams in the PL. Honestly I can only see Liverpool or Spurs giving them any sort of concern this season.

Hopefully we will have learned something about game management. The way City took the piss after their second goal was exactly the way a game should be killed off. Keep possession with simple little pass and move routines, not jus hoofing the ball upfield for it to come straight back.

The only positives I could draw from that game is that we only have to play them once more and Scamacca looked as if he is a striker who has something between his ears, which is a nice change. And on the evidence of that last 35 minutes the sooner Vlasic, or bloody anybody, comes in for Benrahma the better. His performances when we're out of possession are always pretty pathetic so what Moyes was thinking when he picked his for yesterday's game, when we were always going to be ball watching most of it, only he knows.

Let's hope lessons have been learned.
All of us were expecting nothing from this game and that's all we got " nothing ". Will Moyes have learnt something from this game?! Well I asked similar in my other post, he might have learnt but will he change the way he thinks. Somehow I doubt it. He continued his same tactics long after they were sussed so I find it hard to think he will alter his views well before it's too late. We will see, but he needs to shake it up a bit.

Now I read ( yeh yeh probably Bs) that he is again complaining that he needs more players to liven up a stale squad. Pity he didn't think of that earlier., Like in January.
Cornet will help if Marty Feldman picks him.

dagenhamdave

Post by dagenhamdave »

Clayton wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:54 am
dagenhamdave wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:48 am With our new giant up front I can see a lot of "hoofing" happening in the future? :shock:
I doubt that very much due to the fact if the keeper has the ball you can guarantee the team are all in our own half .
The keeper just prances around until he is ready like they always do, just a few seconds really, we are shit bringing it out from the back anyway.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Clayton wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:54 am
Maybe Moyes thought that they best stay in our half, dont have so far to run back then., forgets neither have they. :D
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Clayton wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:53 am
Up against a team who were there for the taking , they were well below their best in my opinion . So no end of ! .
That's Moyes,not me Clayton.I am just telling you how he played it yesterday.