West Ham vs Man City Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

West Ham vs Man City Official Match Thread

Post by Ibbyham »

Welcome back to the Premier League drama that kept us on-going. Not a bad summer in signing new players and wow, at least we finally brought a striker which I hope he will be ready for this match with 100% likely to start on sub-bench. Disappointed on Koscik refusing to come here as he want CL football and we need to move on quickly to other target as we need at least 3 players in Left Winger, Left Back and a Central Midfielder. which more urgency on the left side as we are a bit weak and Cresswell is dropping form. We need to stop Haaland and Co so we need a strong performance. I am not highly confident of this match as I predicted a 0 point banker but hopefully I am wrong. Only 1 player injured in Aguerd which we needed him badly as he as a left sided central defender and hope he will be back less than 3 months.

Squad:

Areola

Coufal
Dawson
Zouma
Cresswell or Johnson depending how well they train this week.

Rice
Soucek

Bowen
Lanzini
Fornals or Benrahma or even Vlasic as all of them aren't a good left winger as they DON'T have pace. Need to get a new player asap.

Antonio

Hope to see Sacmacca on 2nd half if Moyes want to switch Antonio to the left winger side. Ogbonna is ready but not to be in a rush. Going to be a 30% - 70% possession as usual .

Let give this season a good go and hope to do better.

COYI whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

tassiehammer

Re: West Ham vs Man City Official Match Thread

Post by tassiehammer »

If Moyes doesn't play scared then I reckon a shock for the northern blues.
Irons to win.
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

tassiehammer wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:51 am If Moyes doesn't play scared then I reckon a shock for the northern blues.
Irons to win.
So when did they legalise marijuana down there?

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Amazingly,it could be the same team that started against Leicester City away 2 years ago a couple of games into the season.

It begs believe,considering our PL form since January would have us in 14th.

Yes,they have signed a few players,but not enough.The squad is weaker now than it was at the end of the last game of the season.

From what we have seen in pre season,it doesn't leave me too optimistic about the up coming season.It doesn't matter who you are,staleness sets in,when you have got the same old players whether you are successful or not.

We should have known our targets before the season even ended and it should have been all in place a week before the new season started. Between Moyes and the board,they have failed us.

0-4 City.

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

terrya1965 wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:34 am Amazingly,it could be the same team that started against Leicester City away 2 years ago a couple of games into the season.

Yes,they have signed a few players,but not enough.The squad is weaker now than it was at the end of the last game of the season.

From what we have seen in pre season,it doesn't leave me too optimistic about the up coming season.It doesn't matter who you are,staleness sets in,when you have got the same old players whether you are successful or not.

We should have known our targets before the season even ended and it should have been all in place a week before the new season started. Between Moyes and the board,they have failed us.

0-4 City.
Very true Terry, on top of that the tactics will be exactly the same as well, predictable and every team after Xmas sussed us out.
Watch attack after attack down our left flank, Walker and Mahrez are going to have a field day.

JayK

Post by JayK »

OZHAMMER wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:04 am
tassiehammer wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:51 am If Moyes doesn't play scared then I reckon a shock for the northern blues.
Irons to win.
So when did they legalise marijuana down there?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
COYI!!!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:34 am Amazingly,it could be the same team that started against Leicester City away 2 years ago a couple of games into the season.

0-4 City.
So Terry what happened to your comment which you often made last season that our first team choice was good enough for top four?

And whilst I think city will win on Sunday I don’t really see that there would be a problem with the side that took the field against Leicester in the game you mentioned. My recollection of that is that we won three nil very comfortably. And that was against a team and a manager a lot of people were holding up as a wonderful example of everything that was good about football.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

JayK

Post by JayK »

andyginbrasil wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:09 pm

0-4 City.
Very true Terry, on top of that the tactics will be exactly the same as well, predictable and every team after Xmas sussed us out.
Watch attack after attack down our left flank, Walker and Mahrez are going to have a field day.
My Nan would have a field day down our left
COYI!!!

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Don't envisage a win, low margin goal wise, if we can't scrape a draw which isn't beyond the bounds of possibility

Don't hold to pre season results, they mean nothing imo, just a run out for good measure. The serious business is when it matters, and that starts on Sunday.

As implied, I wouldn't be to demoralised by a narrow loss, a thumping is another story. I think Aguerd being injured sort of installed more trepedation in some than otherwise would have. As for lack of signings, well look at it from another angle...maybe if as Terry said the starting 11 is the same as last season it will show up how good last season's side was.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

0-4 City.
Totally agreed with you there, we only done half of our homework in GK, central defender, central midfielder and a striker BUT we wasted too long on left back, left attacking winger and another central midfielder which is why Man City are licking their lips to do attacking on our left side area as it is far too weak as shown in 2 previous pre-season games. Cresswell is not strong enough and Fornals is bloody too slow in pace and always pass back to Cressie. Should have done that in June!!! Which is why I put West Ham to lose 1-4 to Man City in my predictions.

Had Moyes got the 2 left sided players done, I would be more confident of a draw against Man City.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.