West Ham vs Man City Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
palerider

Re: West Ham vs Man City Official Match Thread

Post by palerider »

Newmarket wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:20 am
Clayton wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:03 am But surely we will have a top quality LB coming in shortly to finally put Cresswell on the bench , the window is still open by all accounts :roll:
I don’t have to be ITK to deduce that our vice captain will be first choice left back this season .

Be amazed if we’re even looking for a replacement with Johnson here tbh
Indeed. The two in the frame are Kehrer and Szalai, both really centre-backs but been known to do a stint at left-back at a stretch. The lemur does love a centre-back or ten.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

palerider wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:24 am

I don’t have to be ITK to deduce that our vice captain will be first choice left back this season .

Indeed. The two in the frame are Kehrer and Szalai, both really centre-backs but been known to do a stint at left-back at a stretch. The lemur does love a centre-back or ten.
Five centre backs,four injured,one fit - sell the fit one

Maybe he does need ten, when he played CB they didn't call him the Scottish Bobby Moore for fun

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Clayton wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:03 am But surely we will have a top quality LB coming in shortly to finally put Cresswell on the bench , the window is still open by all accounts :roll:

Johnson is a terrific player , but being used as a jack of all trades cannot be doing his confidence much good or his ability to learn a position in depth , just feel he needs to master one position in my book and it ain't LB .

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Ha ha - and when DM said Fabianski was 90% fit we can guess who starts in goal..why change a winning formula?

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

BlackDiamond wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:44 am

Ha ha - and when DM said Fabianski was 90% fit we can guess who starts in goal..why change a winning formula?
The problem is that winning formula only appears in Moyes dreams not on the pitch , but maybe we have a chance as the Forest manager hasn't yet seen us in action and witnessed Moyes tactical genius .

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Clayton wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:39 am

Johnson is a terrific player , but being used as a jack of all trades cannot be doing his confidence much good or his ability to learn a position in depth , just feel he needs to master one position in my book and it ain't LB .
Terrific ? Not imo. But I do agree that using him as some kind of jack of all trades isn't doing his development any good. I think he shows real promise and, at least imo, he is already a better defender than Cresswell, although he doesn't give us as much going forward.

One for the (not too distant) future.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:44 am
Whiskyman wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:23 am

If Fornals is to have any hope of being called up by Luis Enrique for the Spanish World Cup squad, which at one time looked highly likely, he should be looking to jump ship before the end of this window imo.
I sincerely hope he doesn’t but I shouldn’t think the prospect of another season babysitting Cresswell is going to impress Enrique much .
I can hear the song now …
I certainly don't want Fornals to leave but he is far too good a player to be used in the role we predominantly see him in. I'm sure the thought has crossed his mind that his international future is not being helped by being a baby sitter.

Please enlighten us with regards the song btw.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:50 am
Clayton wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:39 am

Terrific ? Not imo. But I do agree that using him as some kind of jack of all trades isn't doing his development any good. I think he shows real promise and, at least imo, he is already a better defender than Cresswell, although he doesn't give us as much going forward.

Terrific , probably wasn't the correct word to use , as I was referring to his ability to be able to do well in any position Moyes asks him to play , and he's still only 22 .

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

eskimo joe wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:54 am Cornets a jack of all trades so I have heard, played in many positions bar goalkeeper. So you might see him here , see him there, probably see him everywhere. Ready made for Moyes.
Friday beers and all that but seeing an eskimo joe talking about cornets. :) :D
What about mivvi's or a choc ice? :) Would be a Murkoffs if grandad was still about, the canning town cunt. :) :)
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Clayton wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:59 am
Whiskyman wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:50 am

Terrific , probably wasn't the correct word to use , as I was referring to his ability to be able to do well in any position Moyes asks him to play , and he's still only 22 .
I see his future more as a CD to be honest. In part because as a full back/wing back I think, from the little I've seen of him, Ashby is a better prospect there because of his distribution.