West Ham vs Man City Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
h69

Re: West Ham vs Man City Official Match Thread

Post by h69 »

Towie wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:10 pm Moyes not involved in transfers? Just handing in a bit of paper. Ffs

Maybe not negotiating financial aspects of transfers.
But will certainly be talking to the players involved first to ascertain if they are the right characters or not.

There will be many meetings which Moyes will be actively involved in for these transfer sagas.
Turns out it was Newman doing the character check etc. Who knew ?

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

h69 wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 5:32 pm
eskimo joe wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:30 pm

And your point is? Did we not lose?! No! Did we take our chances when we got them?! No! Did we concede a shed load of goals,?! No! And less than I was expecting. So other than bringing on Scamacca too late, where is your point?! Mine was we succeeded in only one of the objectives
Oh so at what time would Scamacca coming on have made us win ? Maybe he would have taken the chances we missed and maybe he would not have but the way we were set up didnt stop us missing those chances so its just one of those things.

Chances are even with him on the pitch Benrahma and Rice would still have missed the chance to score. I know no-one like to criticise Rice but these things happen.
As hd1 says, we were likely set up to keep it tight and hit them on the break. When you play City you cant miss chances and that was the difference this season to last. That is my point.
"Put it this way he did what I would have done, set up to try not to lose or concede too many and take the chances should they appear. We, imo, managed only 1 of the 3."

My original post, now where did I say or even imply we would have won if Samacca had been playing.? My last referred to him in relation to the chances we didn't take. It wasn't implying we would have won, merely he might have at least taken one of them. But he hardly had enough game time to make much, if any , impact. But he was lucky to get that considering Moyes form.

So how many of the above mentioned did we achieve?
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

h69 wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 5:38 pm
andyginbrasil wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:11 pm

To be perfectly honest our number 1 striker has only scored 2 goals in his last 19 PL outings, I'm surprised he's still starting to be honest...... Scallywag could of started and then bring on Antonio later......but that will be wrong as well..... ;)
Exactly what we did against Villa
And your point is....? :?

Towie

Post by Towie »

https://www.whufc.com/news/head-recruit ... r-business

Seems Newman, Recruitment team and MOYES are involved in assessing characters according to this article on official site.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

JayK

Post by JayK »

Towie wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:23 pm https://www.whufc.com/news/head-recruit ... r-business

Seems Newman, Recruitment team and MOYES are involved in assessing characters according to this article on official site.
That’s a good read
COYI!!!

h69

Post by h69 »

andyginbrasil wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:05 pm
h69 wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 5:38 pm

Exactly what we did against Villa
My point is that it was exactly what we did against Villa. Sorry I didnt make that clear above :lol:

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

h69 wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:19 pm
andyginbrasil wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:05 pm

My point is that it was exactly what we did against Villa. Sorry I didnt make that clear above :lol:
What about the two games before where he threw away 6 points ....where he failed to do fuck all ...,.or doesn't that count to the noshers....

h69

Post by h69 »

andyginbrasil wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:39 pm
h69 wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:19 pm

What about the two games before where he threw away 6 points ....where he failed to do fuck all ...,.or doesn't that count to the noshers....
The point I was making was that is what he did against Villa. I am sorry if that is STILL not clear. It really is a very simple point.

The other two games were not the point here but since you ask, I seem to remember that Scamacca came on v Man City along with Benrahma and Scamacca, Lanzini and Cornet came on against Forest. So if Moyes did fuck all, who sent them on, a ghost or doesn't that count to the whiny morons ?

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

h69 wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:52 pm
andyginbrasil wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:39 pm

The point I was making was that is what he did against Villa. I am sorry if that is STILL not clear. It really is a very simple point.

The other two games were not the point here but since you ask, I seem to remember that Scamacca came on v Man City along with Benrahma and Scamacca, Lanzini and Cornet came on against Forest. So if Moyes did fuck all, who sent them on, a ghost or doesn't that count to the whiny morons ?
Look at the date of my post....simple...just like you ...it was called two games before the villa game...just because he did it doesn't make him a god...maybe he read my post...........

h69

Post by h69 »

andyginbrasil wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:18 pm
h69 wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:52 pm

Look at the date of my post....simple...just like you ...it was called two games before the villa game...just because he did it doesn't make him a god...maybe he read my post...........
Didn't call him God but it shows that your so called complaint that Scamacca didn't start seemed to ignore the game he did start.