FIRST 5 GAMES OF THE SEASON

Chat about anything football related here!
Newmarket

Re: FIRST 5 GAMES OF THE SEASON

Post by Newmarket »

Well I guess we have the answer to the question somebody asked the other day about how much input the ‘coaching team’ have .
I suggest nil.

It would appear that Moyes rules full stop .

That’s ok though . It’s what lots of the fan base wanted to see isn’t it ?
Bring back Jonathon !

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Newmarket wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:27 am Well I guess we have the answer to the question somebody asked the other day about how much input the ‘coaching team’ have .
I suggest nil.

Why would any of the fan base want a manager/head coach to not listen to advise from the assistant manager and the coaching team , wouldn't that actually cause friction .

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Clayton wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:52 am
Newmarket wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:27 am Well I guess we have the answer to the question somebody asked the other day about how much input the ‘coaching team’ have .
I suggest nil.

Why would any of the fan base want a manager/head coach to not listen to advise from the assistant manager and the coaching team , wouldn't that actually cause friction .
I think he might have been referring to Moyes being the first word and the last word, with nothing in between. Which is probably why he is deaf and blind to what is happening. Taking advice is an aide and not necessarily a criticism., but maybe Moyes thinks otherwise. Essentially saying some think he should make his own choices
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

eskimo joe wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:01 pm
Clayton wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:52 am

I think he might have been referring to Moyes being the first word and the last word, with nothing in between. Which is probably why he is deaf and blind to what is happening. Taking advice is an aide and not necessarily a criticism., but maybe Moyes thinks otherwise. Essentially saying some think he should make his own choices
Thank you Joe
Bring back Jonathon !

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Newmarket wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:23 pm
eskimo joe wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:01 pm

Thank you Joe
Got it wrong again Dad :oops:

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

I suggest nil.

If the coaching team have no input or influence what is the point of them.? They are all ex pros of some stature, all have their coaching badges. If I was doing a job like that and my input was constantly ignored I'd be looking for the exits. I wouldn't want my career prospects being tainted by the ineptitude of others.

Would you ? Or are they happy to be nodding dogs just for the sake of their salaries.? Maybe they are but doesn't that mean they wouldn't be worth keeping on? No one in any sort of management role wants to be surrounded by people who agree all the time.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:44 pm
I suggest nil.

If the coaching team have no input or influence what is the point of them.? They are all ex pros of some stature, all have their coaching badges. If I was doing a job like that and my input was constantly ignored I'd be looking for the exits. I wouldn't want my career prospects being tainted by the ineptitude of others.

Would you ? Or are they happy to be nodding dogs just for the sake of their salaries.? Maybe they are but doesn't that mean they wouldn't be worth keeping on? No one in any sort of management role wants to be surrounded by people who agree all the time.
No I wouldn’t . But then again if I was Moyes I wouldn’t have returned after the way I was treated at West Ham first time around .
The dynamics between the board and the manager are one thing , there are many (myself included) that believe there have been times when it’s appeared that Moyes was only reappointed because he’s cheap and maybe even a yes man

IF and it is a big IF , that is indeed the case who’s also to say that Moyes wouldn’t want to surround himself with similar ?

Of course the money invested this summer suggests it’s not the case but I’m just putting it out there .
Bring back Jonathon !

Towie

Post by Towie »

Only myself, Terry & Clayton predicted 4 pts from first 5 games.
So we are the realist category

Andy & Garnet put less than 4 pts so are definitely in the old negative cunts category. 😂😂😂

The rest of you are in the too positive category and you shouldn’t be on this forum. 😜

Then off course one category left.
The arrogant cunt category, I’ll leave you all make your own opinion on that one.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Towie wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:14 pm Only myself, Terry & Clayton predicted 4 pts from first 5 games.
So we are the realist category

Andy & Garnet put less than 4 pts so are definitely in the old negative cunts category. 😂😂😂

The rest of you are in the too positive category and you shouldn’t be on this forum. 😜

Then off course one category left.
The arrogant cunt category, I’ll leave you all make your own opinion on that one.
Not a too bad old day for "Yours truly" on here..Spot on with this and Top of the predictor League. 8-)

Where's them lottery numbers? :P

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

In my defense.....
;) ;)

My 1 point was an optimistic prediction, and I'm very excited that we are sitting on an extra 3 points..... :D

If Fornals hadn't miss kicked his shot and got a very lucky deflection that resulted in a goal and an undeserved extra 2 points you wouldn't be calling Garnet and me old negative cunts.....cunts yes.......old yes.....but negative... :lol: