Nottingham Forest vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
JayK

Re: Nottingham Forest vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by JayK »

BlackDiamond wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:12 am
Duncanio wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:34 am

Indeed, just not really sure what he's done to deserve it. The club and team is in better shape than it has been in recent years.
We're not playing well and we look a little slow (to press and attack,) and unfit maybe. The team selected today should beat Notts Forest. That's down to the players too,. not only the management. We have injury probs and going through a little transitional period. No crisis yet.
Yes it is down to the players and the coach bears responsibility for their selection,tactics and in game management. Areas where the coach has direct involvement.

Consider an observation made by DM last weekend (Man City) - the team didn't look fit. It's his responsibility for player fitness, pre season schedules, fixture arrangements. That's like a catering manager blaming the food - that he prepared and served.

This week the fault was conceding a ridiculous goal and not taking chances. Chances that were missed by out of form players, that are continually selected, in preference to the fit new signings.
DM said all the new signings were fit for selection, excepting Aguerd who everybody knows about.

And of course he sites the difficulties in signing new players, reinforcements if you like. But he doesn't use them when they arrive.

He gave an interview setting out his football philosophy. He admires the Red Bull model and wants to promote youth. Then ignores youth almost completely. Unless your a defender, in which case he might cautiously try you.

For the last eight months the same collection of players have been used with ever diminishing returns. Those players have either grown stale with the system or the tactics have been sussed and their use routinely neutralised.

For months I have listened to "...only bring in players that improve the first XI" - fucking hell mate,how could you fail to do anything else.

There again, you do have to use them when they arrive...
goodpost:) Nailed it
COYI!!!

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

BlackDiamond wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:12 am
Duncanio wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:34 am

Indeed, just not really sure what he's done to deserve it. The club and team is in better shape than it has been in recent years.
We're not playing well and we look a little slow (to press and attack,) and unfit maybe. The team selected today should beat Notts Forest. That's down to the players too,. not only the management. We have injury probs and going through a little transitional period. No crisis yet.
Yes it is down to the players and the coach bears responsibility for their selection,tactics and in game management. Areas where the coach has direct involvement.

Consider an observation made by DM last weekend (Man City) - the team didn't look fit. It's his responsibility for player fitness, pre season schedules, fixture arrangements. That's like a catering manager blaming the food - that he prepared and served.

This week the fault was conceding a ridiculous goal and not taking chances. Chances that were missed by out of form players, that are continually selected, in preference to the fit new signings.
DM said all the new signings were fit for selection, excepting Aguerd who everybody knows about.

And of course he sites the difficulties in signing new players, reinforcements if you like. But he doesn't use them when they arrive.

He gave an interview setting out his football philosophy. He admires the Red Bull model and wants to promote youth. Then ignores youth almost completely. Unless your a defender, in which case he might cautiously try you.

For the last eight months the same collection of players have been used with ever diminishing returns. Those players have either grown stale with the system or the tactics have been sussed and their use routinely neutralised.

For months I have listened to "...only bring in players that improve the first XI" - fucking hell mate,how could you fail to do anything else.

There again, you do have to use them when they arrive...
Cunt

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

I am going to sound a bit like Numbers now. :lol: Even though we undeservedly lost yesterday, that Forest team has only been just slung together in the last few weeks.So you have to ask the question, How did that happen? :roll:

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:54 pm I am going to sound a bit like Numbers now. :lol: Even though we undeservedly lost yesterday, that Forest team has only been just slung together in the last few weeks.So you have to ask the question, How did that happen? :roll:
What is your point exactly ? The Forest team played like it had been slung together in a rush and yet we still couldn't beat them. Yes, there was an element of bad luck but shit happens and you have to overcome it. We couldn't and we lost. We have to move on instead of contemplating our fucking navels until the next fucking full moon.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Post by 9898 »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:26 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:54 pm I am going to sound a bit like Numbers now. :lol: Even though we undeservedly lost yesterday, that Forest team has only been just slung together in the last few weeks.So you have to ask the question, How did that happen? :roll:
What is your point exactly ? The Forest team played like it had been slung together in a rush and yet we still couldn't beat them. Yes, there was an element of bad luck but shit happens and you have to overcome it. We couldn't and we lost. We have to move on instead of contemplating our fucking navels until the next fucking full moon.
You need to be careful.
You're following Terry and blatantly bullying him to try and create an edgy persona. On Kumb you're very meek and mild and tow the (dribbly) party line like the meek, grey man ypu obviously are in real life.
Stop bullying him or I will come T you. You won't like that.
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

9898 wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:31 am

You need to be careful.
You're following Terry and blatantly bullying him to try and create an edgy persona. On Kumb you're very meek and mild and tow the (dribbly) party line like the meek, grey man ypu obviously are in real life.
:lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

You know exactly what I'm saying,so why are you asking?

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

9898 wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:31 am

You need to be careful.
:)

I know Whiskyman likes to annaylise every single word on here,especially by me.He then put s the poster to task over it.He thinks his a lawyer in court taking every word literally into consideration. He thinks his little bit above everybody else on here.

KUMB.. :lol:

Tbh,I quite enjoy it .I take him with a pinch of salt.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:04 am

I didn't get (still don't) your "how did it happen" question. You made the point about Forest being thrown together, which they were. Surely you're not saying they played well ? That's why I was asking.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:19 am
terrya1965 wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:04 am

I didn't get (still don't) your "how did it happen" question. You made the point about Forest being thrown together, which they were. Surely you're not saying they played well ? That's why I was asking.
I think the better question is 'how was it allowed to happen'

After 30 mins it was possible to guess the trajectory,based on familiar patterns of play.

What did the coach do, to attempt to better influence a positive outcome during the next hour.

Then we would say he tried but it wasn't successful rather than it was unsuccessful because he didn't try... enough