Nottingham Forest vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

Nottingham Forest vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by Ibbyham »

Hope our performance will be improved as it was very flat, boring performance against those greedy cunt City. I don't expect Fabianski will be fit in time so Areola in and need to be careful not to concede penalty. Hope Antonio will be fit as he felt his hammy again a bit. We need to keep eye on Lingard and show him that we are not a soft bunch and show him what he is missing as he cost us in transfer dealing by wasting our time for him. Forget him and moved on. Hope to give Scamacca and Cornet debut start but depend on Antonio if he will start then Scamacca will be on the bench. Hope Cornet will start as Fornals is like a passenger strolling about. Hope Dawson will be back and ready as we missed his excellent contribution.

Squad:

Areola

Coufal
Dawson
Zouma
Cresswell

Rice
Soucek

Bowen
Lanzini
Cornet

Antonio/Scamacca

We need to start picking up point and need to be our guard as most promoted teams usually desperate for points early on in the season so this match will be a tough one ...

COYI!!!!!! Let us be a man than a boy. whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Dwayne Pipes

Re: Nottingham Forest vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

We’ll fucking smash em 3-1

JayK

Post by JayK »

By all accounts, Newcastle weren’t that good but Forest had a shocker so really we should do something good
COYI!!!

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

I see some of the predictions for this game and they surprise me?

In the League,we haven't played well since last December.Are we just suddenly going to just turn it on,out of the blue?
I know we may have Cornet coming in and Scamacca may make a difference,but I think a few on here are a bit over confident.Just looking at our pre season,we couldn't even string a pass together and the opposition weren't exactly decent?

And Yesterday,well,it was like City were having a kick about on the training ground before Pep arrived for the serious intense training.We didn't even lay a glove of them.I expected a defeat,but we lacked cohesion and fight.

If Antonio or Bowen don't turn up,then we are dreadful.Only Rice and maybe Scamacca deserved a bit of praise.

I just hope with the 2 new signings,they can bring a bit of confidence to the team,because I can see that lacking in a number of our players.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Well done Ibbs, excellent intro. You need to lay off the men with the boys stuff - you know how excitable the chums get.

I'm fairly sure DM will have warned Fornals about his strolling.
It's a theatre of combat,not a gentle walk down the promenade with your best pal Benny.

Nottingham Forest looked tremendously dull and drab on MOTD and that programme doesn't miss a trick. You can't fool the public unless that public is blind drunk.

And talking of that,Lingard played like he was,so no special attention needed there.

I imagine this game will be the teams first 0-3 victory of the season. If Soucek has to sit and watch, it's his own fault isn't it.

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

not sure it will be quite the stroll in the park predicted.

Thought thomas had his worst game yesterday and would try downes. Would keep pablo as he still has a killer pass in him which we lack. Reports of us shedding benny which seems a tad strange given our lack of depth and he can be a game changer when he comes on.
Would love to see scaramanga and corneto on.

Thought johnson did ok at centre back and his passing at times was spot on, if anything i'd swap him to RB if big dawes is back.

A definite banana skin game, should win but they are at home for 1st time in prem and will no doubt up their game in front of home fans.

points on the board of any kind acceptable.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

JayK wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:43 am By all accounts, Newcastle weren’t that good but Forest had a shocker so really we should do something good
We can only hope that is the case .

Post by 9898 »

terrya1965 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:45 am I see some of the predictions for this game and they surprise me?

In the League,we haven't played well since last December.Are we just suddenly going to just turn it on,out of the blue?
I know we may have Cornet coming in and Scamacca may make a difference,but I think a few on here are a bit over confident.Just looking at our pre season,we couldn't even string a pass together and the opposition weren't exactly decent?

And Yesterday,well,it was like City were having a kick about on the training ground before Pep arrived for the serious intense training.We didn't even lay a glove of them.I expected a defeat,but we lacked cohesion and fight.

If Antonio or Bowen don't turn up,then we are dreadful.Only Rice and maybe Scamacca deserved a bit of praise.

I just hope with the 2 new signings,they can bring a bit of confidence to the team,because I can see that lacking in a number of our players.
Is Soucek still the answer in midfield.
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Areola
Ashby - Johnson - Zouma - Cornet
Rice - Coventry
Bowen - Fornals - Antonio
Scamacca

Trott - Coufal - Ogbonna - Dawson - Cresswell - Downes - Soucek - Lanzini - Benrahma

Why on earth have we not brought in a decent LB yet , probably need another CB as well , especially with all the carthorses we have .
Last edited by Clayton on Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

BlackDiamond wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:53 am Well done Ibbs, excellent intro. You need to lay off the men with the boys stuff - you know how excitable the chums get.

I'm fairly sure DM will have warned Fornals about his strolling.
It's a theatre of combat,not a gentle walk down the promenade with your best pal Benny.

Nottingham Forest looked tremendously dull and drab on MOTD and that programme doesn't miss a trick. You can't fool the public unless that public is blind drunk.

And talking of that,Lingard played like he was,so no special attention needed there.

I imagine this game will be the teams first 0-3 victory of the season. If Soucek has to sit and watch, it's his own fault isn't it.
Cheers mate, hope West Ham players will turn up ready for it. Nottingham forest are no push-over, like Brentford did last season.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.