Moyes gets a free ride

Chat about anything football related here!

Moyes gets a free ride

Post by 9898 »

Why?
People make excuses for his transfer dealings, tactics and substitutions. Supporters blame owners, players and agents.
Moyes signed Vlasic (had hime at Everton so it is obviously his signing), ecided to pay Zouma £125+ per week and gave Antonio a new contract last season. Let that sink in.
Time for supporters to hold him accountable.
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

Clayton

Re: Moyes gets a free ride

Post by Clayton »

9898 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:31 am Why?
People make excuses for his transfer dealings, tactics and substitutions. Supporters blame owners, players and agents.
Moyes signed Vlasic (had hime at Everton so it is obviously his signing), ecided to pay Zouma £125+ per week and gave Antonio a new contract last season. Let that sink in.
Cant deny what he has done , with what he has had to work with , in a real or not real seasons , the top half of the table or Europe is not something we often get to play in .
Ok he himself has allowed us to be in this situation many would say with his lack of business in the transfer market up front and at LB over the last couple of seasons . And buying players like Vlasic and not playing them in their best position . Allowing the squad to age and not strengthen it with youth and not replace to bring it up to the full quota .

Post by 9898 »

Clayton wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:43 am
Cant deny what he has done , with what he has had to work with , in a real or not real seasons , the top half of the table or Europe is not something we often get to play in .
Ok he himself has allowed us to be in this situation many would say with his lack of business in the transfer market up front and at LB over the last couple of seasons . And buying players like Vlasic and not playing them in their best position . Allowing the squad to age and not strengthen it with youth and not replace to bring it up to the full quota .
I think it's a bit more cynical than that.
He is the king if self preservation. He realised that small squad, tactically crating annomisity towards the owners gives him a get out of jail card when things go wrong.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

I’ve never blamed anybody else :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

9898 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:48 am
Clayton wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:43 am

I think it's a bit more cynical than that.
He is the king if self preservation. He realised that small squad, tactically crating annomisity towards the owners gives him a get out of jail card when things go wrong.
The owners in my opinion already have enough animosity going in their direction from the majority of fans , I doubt very much especially with the history Moyes has , concerning tactics , selections , substitutions and dealings in the transfer market really do not give him a get out of jail free card , that's being laid at his feet entirely .

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Tbh I think he's a cunt.
But that said he's the best we'll have under the parasites we have running the club.
A yes man with no bollocks who fits in nicely with the owners.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

How so, . Moyes left Everton before Vlasic arrived there. Koeman signed him. But never the less due diligence would have given Moyes an idea as he didn't pull up trees and left the Prem in 2019. So who actually signed him is still up for debate considering his lack of playing time
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:08 pm Tbh I think he's a cunt.
But that said he's the best we'll have under the parasites we have running the club.
A yes man with no bollocks who fits in nicely with the owners.
This all day long.

Hammershark

Post by Hammershark »

Someone needs to take the blame for Vlasic coming here for megabucks…..when clubs don’t play someone and get rid of like they did with Vlasic at Everton ,
it’s normally for a good reason…they are not seen as capable of making in it in this league….so I ask you….what fool actually thought that a few years in a very poor Russian league would have improved him to the point that he was worth forking out a fortune to bring back to the prem…….Some transfers you can’t be sure if they will be a success or not but I never gave this one a hope from the start…crazy signing !

Post by 9898 »

Hammershark wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:01 pm Someone needs to take the blame for Vlasic coming here for megabucks…..when clubs don’t play someone and get rid of like they did with Vlasic at Everton ,
it’s normally for a good reason…they are not seen as capable of making in it in this league….so I ask you….what fool actually thought that a few years in a very poor Russian league would have improved him to the point that he was worth forking out a fortune to bring back to the prem…….Some transfers you can’t be sure if they will be a success or not but I never gave this one a hope from the start…crazy signing !
If another club make a bad signing, say Man Utd or Spurs, we immediately slag off and blame the manager, never the owners.
We asked a bad signing and its the owners fault to many.
Fans looking to give Moyes easy ride and to confirm their feelings about the owners.