Moyes gets a free ride

Chat about anything football related here!
terrya1965

Re: Moyes gets a free ride

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:01 am
terrya1965 wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:00 pm

We were 3rd because of Valencia and Sakho.who he was forced to play after Carroll and Nolan got injured in September(rumoured to be Sullivan signings).

Then both came back and he dropped them..You can see why it went all tits up!
I’m not disputing that. What I said was that Allardyce was getting stick when we were THIRD in the league. Nothing to do with team selection. I didn’t particularly like Allardyce’s football philosophy but I will give him credit for the job he did when our manager. Same as I give Moyes credit for what he has done. Despite not agreeing with all of his decisions -But it appears some fans only want to criticise irrespective of the results-

Which is why I said I wouldn’t touch the job with the proverbial barge pole-
He got stick because he dropped the 2 players that put us up there in the first place for his favourite 2 son's.

Post by 9898 »

We were 3rd because of Valencia and Sakho.who he was forced to play after Carroll and Nolan got injured in September(rumoured to be Sullivan signings).

I’m not disputing that. What I said was that Allardyce was getting stick when we were THIRD in the league. Nothing to do with team selection. I didn’t particularly like Allardyce’s football philosophy but I will give him credit for the job he did when our manager. Same as I give Moyes credit for what he has done. Despite not agreeing with all of his decisions -But it appears some fans only want to criticise irrespective of the results-

Don't worry mate.
They're never gonna offer the job to the boring, grey man who is jealous of, and spends his life wanting to be The Numbers.
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

9898 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:23 am

Don't worry mate.
They're never gonna offer the job to the boring, grey man who is jealous of, and spends his life wanting to be The Numbers.
He used to be a numbers man.made his dough and now is a whiskyman...

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:26 am

He got stick because he dropped the 2 players that put us up there in the first place for his favourite 2 son's.
And he was getting stick before doing that, despite the fact we were third in the league. OK the football wasn't great, although it was nowhere nearly as bad as some made out, but we were THIRD in the league. Allardyce would not have been accepted by much of our fan base even if we'd won the league, the Derby and the fucking boat race that season.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:55 pm

Our fans being what they are, probably the same elsewhere, managers get pelters when we're riding high. Well, at least riding high by our standards. Allardyce was getting stick when we were 3rd FFS, Moyes has been getting plenty of stick during the last 2, by our standards, successful seasons. Would you want to manage West Ham ? Fucked if I would want the gig.

Edit to say after thinking about it I probably would. A nice juicy contract and a decent pay off would enable me to stick up the proverbial two fingers to the boo boys.

All managers have their favourites and Moyes is no different

Moyes’ problem is that he doesn’t have a problem using square pegs in round holes when it comes to his initial team selection yet is unwilling to do the same during a game .

He refuses to take a chance even when it’s obvious his initial tactics aren’t working …even when we are losing.

He can only work with what he has but even then he simply refuses any form of proactivity.

There’s no way he has been getting a free ride but he hasn’t helped himself .
His recent interview has made the situation a little clearer though .
Bring back Jonathon !

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:16 am
terrya1965 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:26 am
And he was getting stick before doing that, despite the fact we were third in the league. OK the football wasn't great, although it was nowhere nearly as bad as some made out, but we were THIRD in the league. Allardyce would not have been accepted by much of our fan base even if we'd won the league, the Derby and the fucking boat race that season.
Big Sam's problem was his big mouth.

He said "The West Ham Way, what's that ?...,losing football matches ?"

And he followed it up with a blatant bit of supporter baiting, claiming he only noticed Bobby Moore when he played for Fulham - really ? BS was 15 years old during the 1970 world cup

A self projecting fool as the FA were to discover.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

BlackDiamond wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:56 am
Whiskyman wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:16 am

And he followed it up with a blatant bit of supporter baiting, claiming he only noticed Bobby Moore when he played for Fulham - really ? BS was 15 years old during the 1970 world cup

All of that perfectly true. But after the "West Ham way" comment he did add, quite correctly, that he wouldn't have been in the job if it was a successful way. The fact remains we were third in the league under him, the football wasn't too bad at that time.

Supporter baiting ? Perhaps. But what came first, the chicken or the egg ?
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:58 am

All of that perfectly true. But after the "West Ham way" comment he did add, quite correctly, that he wouldn't have been in the job if it was a successful way. The fact remains we were third in the league under him, the football wasn't too bad at that time.

Really? that's like arriving at Man U and saying Busby was a bit of a cunt - brother you are fucked immediately and no parole

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:58 am

When Sakho and Valencia were playing,the football was exciting.Both had pace and they got the fans on their feet.

hd1

Post by hd1 »

terrya1965 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:31 am When Sakho and Valencia were playing,the football was exciting.Both had pace and they got the fans on their feet.
The only fans Valencia got on their feet were the ones in row Z trying to catch the ball!