Moyes gets a free ride

Chat about anything football related here!
palerider

Re: Moyes gets a free ride

Post by palerider »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:07 am Getting rid of players without first securing adequate or better replacements is fucking plain stupidity.
It’ll be a mad rush come end of the month fucking about with old has beens on freebies or loans.

Pretty much standard for us :D
Yep.

Moyes wants Kehrer from PSG. The asking price is 17m. We've seen 12 rejected and have submitted an improved offer. Probably 13m.

True this isn't down to Moyes but the dwarf. It's not as if we're being quoted 35 million ffs. Just pay it.

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

terrya1965 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:38 pm Moyes has a bit of time because what he has done since his return.

I am not sure who is to blame,but in our last 2 seasons,we could have had a CL place in both years.It was our lack of spending that cost us,especially on a centre forward.

I am sure if the club would have acted on what we needed,we would have been in a hell of a better place and that includes our transfers..I doubt either Onana or Lingard would have turned their nose up playing CL Football.

Unfortunately for us fans,we missed the boat because of the lack of activity in the market,maybe the last chance we will ever have in my lifetime.
with tesla on this one. Moyes has given us the best couple of seasons we've had in a generation (payet season aside to a degree). Scrapping relegation for fuckin years & recently flirting with top 5. I'll take that all day.
I dont like everything about him (lack of subs , not giving youth a crack) but by and large he's got a lot right. Other than potter (who've finished below us last few seasons) not sure who the fuck everyone wants...check out how UTD ,the richest club in the world have gone on in the past 3 seasons changing managers.
Would agree he's got he's got credit in the bank. We do however all know there are no jobs for life in the prem so expect him to get pelters if we 're below 10th at xmas....always been the way.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

brookingslovechild wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:36 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:38 pm Moyes has a bit of time because what he has done since his return.

I am not sure who is to blame,but in our last 2 seasons,we could have had a CL place in both years.It was our lack of spending that cost us,especially on a centre forward.

I am sure if the club would have acted on what we needed,we would have been in a hell of a better place and that includes our transfers..I doubt either Onana or Lingard would have turned their nose up playing CL Football.

Unfortunately for us fans,we missed the boat because of the lack of activity in the market,maybe the last chance we will ever have in my lifetime.
with tesla on this one. Moyes has given us the best couple of seasons we've had in a generation (payet season aside to a degree). Scrapping relegation for fuckin years & recently flirting with top 5. I'll take that all day.
I dont like everything about him (lack of subs , not giving youth a crack) but by and large he's got a lot right. Other than potter (who've finished below us last few seasons) not sure who the fuck everyone wants...check out how UTD ,the richest club in the world have gone on in the past 3 seasons changing managers.
Would agree he's got he's got credit in the bank. We do however all know there are no jobs for life in the prem so expect him to get pelters if we 're below 10th at xmas....always been the way.
Our fans being what they are, probably the same elsewhere, managers get pelters when we're riding high. Well, at least riding high by our standards. Allardyce was getting stick when we were 3rd FFS, Moyes has been getting plenty of stick during the last 2, by our standards, successful seasons. Would you want to manage West Ham ? Fucked if I would want the gig.

Edit to say after thinking about it I probably would. A nice juicy contract and a decent pay off would enable me to stick up the proverbial two fingers to the boo boys.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

hd1

Post by hd1 »

palerider wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:12 am
Dwayne Pipes wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:07 am Getting rid of players without first securing adequate or better replacements is fucking plain stupidity.
It’ll be a mad rush come end of the month fucking about with old has beens on freebies or loans.

Pretty much standard for us :D
Yep.

Moyes wants Kehrer from PSG. The asking price is 17m. We've seen 12 rejected and have submitted an improved offer. Probably 13m.

True this isn't down to Moyes but the dwarf. It's not as if we're being quoted 35 million ffs. Just pay it.
Where did you see that info on bid numbers Pale?

palerider

Post by palerider »

hd1 wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:39 pm
palerider wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:12 am
Yep.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to do an Arsene Wenger and say I can't remember. There have been so many stories about it, some even more damning on the owners.

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

palerider wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:13 pm
hd1 wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:39 pm

I'm afraid I'm going to have to do an Arsene Wenger and say I can't remember. There have been so many stories about it, some even more damning on the owners.
Let me help out

https://www.hammers.news/transfer-news/ ... lo-kehrer/

hd1

Post by hd1 »

Thanks Andy,

In which case I would suggest a large pinch of salt required

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

hd1 wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:40 pm Thanks Andy,

In which case I would suggest a large pinch of salt required
:lol: :lol: :lol:

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:55 pm
brookingslovechild wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:36 pm

Our fans being what they are, probably the same elsewhere, managers get pelters when we're riding high. Well, at least riding high by our standards. Allardyce was getting stick when we were 3rd FFS, Moyes has been getting plenty of stick during the last 2, by our standards, successful seasons. Would you want to manage West Ham ? Fucked if I would want the gig.

Edit to say after thinking about it I probably would. A nice juicy contract and a decent pay off would enable me to stick up the proverbial two fingers to the boo boys.
We were 3rd because of Valencia and Sakho.who he was forced to play after Carroll and Nolan got injured in September(rumoured to be Sullivan signings).

Then both came back and he dropped them..You can see why it went all tits up!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:00 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:55 pm

We were 3rd because of Valencia and Sakho.who he was forced to play after Carroll and Nolan got injured in September(rumoured to be Sullivan signings).

Then both came back and he dropped them..You can see why it went all tits up!
I’m not disputing that. What I said was that Allardyce was getting stick when we were THIRD in the league. Nothing to do with team selection. I didn’t particularly like Allardyce’s football philosophy but I will give him credit for the job he did when our manager. Same as I give Moyes credit for what he has done. Despite not agreeing with all of his decisions -But it appears some fans only want to criticise irrespective of the results-

Which is why I said I wouldn’t touch the job with the proverbial barge pole-
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?