Oi, Gonzo, Make Your Mind Up

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Oi, Gonzo, Make Your Mind Up

Post by Whiskyman »

Someone linked me to one of the Fuhrers you tube spots earlier. The subject was squad depth and the need to bring in bodies. But one little comment made me chuckle. A lot of fans, including as I recall the Big G, have often complained about the lack of opportunities given to young players. But one of the comments in this particular piece referred to Ashby as a potential "fill in" on occasions at RB. Gonzo's comment seemed to suggest he was less than impressed with the idea. Something along the lines of "We don't want to rely on Ashby at RB".

I'm sure that's not what he meant but-------
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

BlackDiamond

Re: Oi, Gonzo, Make Your Mind Up

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:07 pm Someone linked me to one of the Fuhrers you tube spots earlier. The subject was squad depth and the need to bring in bodies. But one little comment made me chuckle. A lot of fans, including as I recall the Big G, have often complained about the lack of opportunities given to young players. But one of the comments in this particular piece referred to Ashby as a potential "fill in" on occasions at RB. Gonzo's comment seemed to suggest he was less than impressed with the idea. Something along the lines of "We don't want to rely on Ashby at RB".

I thought Ashby was one of the clubs emerging stars and was being groomed for one of the top slots in the defensive shield.

Stewart Pearce unknowingly quoted Scott Fitzgerald's description of Gatsby...a person destined to get tongues wagging.

And from the limited views of the lad, he can run like the wind and brings an enthusiasm to his work that suggests a serious mature schooling.

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

We get the English "Chase" on every afternoon. Question was "What's Italian for fool?".
Governess didn't know, Bradley said "Gonzo". :D
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

palerider

Post by palerider »

BlackDiamond wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:31 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:07 pm Someone linked me to one of the Fuhrers you tube spots earlier. The subject was squad depth and the need to bring in bodies. But one little comment made me chuckle. A lot of fans, including as I recall the Big G, have often complained about the lack of opportunities given to young players. But one of the comments in this particular piece referred to Ashby as a potential "fill in" on occasions at RB. Gonzo's comment seemed to suggest he was less than impressed with the idea. Something along the lines of "We don't want to rely on Ashby at RB".

I thought Ashby was one of the clubs emerging stars and was being groomed for one of the top slots in the defensive shield.

Stewart Pearce unknowingly quoted Scott Fitzgerald's description of Gatsby...a person destined to get tongues wagging.

And from the limited views of the lad, he can run like the wind and brings an enthusiasm to his work that suggests a serious mature schooling.
Ashby appears to be the one academy prospect the lemur likes the look of. At a time that we're crying out for a left-back, what Longelo has done to irritate the dour jock I don't know. I'm told that of the yoot playing in the Euro dead rubber last season he looked the best.

Maybe he did something awful in training like looking as though he was enjoying it.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

tassiehammer wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:22 am We get the English "Chase" on every afternoon. Question was "What's Italian for fool?".
Which I guess proves that the afternoon t v down there is as fucking awful as it is in the Uk. ;)

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:21 am
tassiehammer wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:22 am We get the English "Chase" on every afternoon. Question was "What's Italian for fool?".
Which I guess proves that the afternoon t v down there is as fucking awful as it is in the Uk. ;)
All tv is bad down here :D . Reality shows abound, boss loves them. Football season starts and got a feeling its not going to be good viewing either.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

tassiehammer wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:24 am
Whiskyman wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:21 am

All tv is bad down here :D . Reality shows abound, boss loves them. Football season starts and got a feeling its not going to be good viewing either.
I am oddly comforted by the thought that it's not just us in the UK that get fed a constant diet of reality shows, people baking fucking cakes, so called celebrities trying to show they can dance and a whole host of wannabes proving that Britain doesn't have talent.

And stop exporting stuff like Neighbours ffs or we'll get the big guns out and force you bastards to sit through wall to wall episodes of Eastenders.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Is anyone in Faceache’s Pinball flipperama group ?
Bring back Jonathon !

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:04 am
tassiehammer wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:24 am

I am oddly comforted by the thought that it's not just us in the UK that get fed a constant diet of reality shows, people baking fucking cakes, so called celebrities trying to show they can dance and a whole host of wannabes proving that Britain doesn't have talent.

And stop exporting stuff like Neighbours ffs or we'll get the big guns out and force you bastards to sit through wall to wall episodes of Eastenders.
True ,swear to him above, only yesterday she who must be obeyed found eastenders on 'binge' tv. Couldn't make it up if you tried. Also, you been under a rock? Neighbors finished for good a couple of weeks ago. Even Kylie made a showing. I think. :)

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

tassiehammer wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:11 am
Whiskyman wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:04 am

True ,swear to him above, only yesterday she who must be obeyed found eastenders on 'binge' tv. Couldn't make it up if you tried. Also, you been under a rock? Neighbors finished for good a couple of weeks ago. Even Kylie made a showing. I think. :)
Neighbours finished ?? :o What, FOREVER ?

Steps back, takes deep breath, and waits for world to stop spinning on it's axis.