The Interview

Chat about anything football related here!
hd1

Re: The Interview

Post by hd1 »

Christ don't you lot get bored with moaning your bollox off about the same old things, irrespective of the post subject? :roll:

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

JayK wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:23 pm
Clayton wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:07 pm
Let's hope your right about Cornet , as I have selected him in my starting 11 against Forest at his supposedly best position at LB , and not were his manager at Burnley got lucky for a while up front or on the left in attack .
Really? His best position? Heard he’s played there before but thought he was more an attacking winger type mainly. Just don’t give the cunt penalty duty.
He won’t start LB when Cresswell is fit though, we all know that
From what I understand when he was at Lyon he was taught to play LB by non other then Joldi Alba , and from what I understand did well there , so in my book its a no brainer . Even if we could do with another attacking option up front , but I would play Antonio on the left and play Scamacca up front and Bowen on the right with Fornals playing the ten role . Actually play like a red bull team and play football against a side who lost there first match back in the big time last weekend and hopefully not sit back and try and beat them on the break .

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

hd1 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:54 pm Christ don't you lot get bored with moaning your bollox off about the same old things, irrespective of the post subject? :roll:
:lol:

JayK

Post by JayK »

Clayton wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:02 pm

Really? His best position? Heard he’s played there before but thought he was more an attacking winger type mainly. Just don’t give the cunt penalty duty.
From what I understand when he was at Lyon he was taught to play LB by non other then Joldi Alba , and from what I understand did well there , so in my book its a no brainer . Even if we could do with another attacking option up front , but I would play Antonio on the left and play Scamacca up front and Bowen on the right with Fornals playing the ten role . Actually play like a red bull team and play football against a side who lost there first match back in the big time last weekend and hopefully not sit back and try and beat them on the break .
Well, I would def go with that attack if he can actually play LB. Chances of that though??
COYI!!!

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

JayK wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:34 pm

Well, I would def go with that attack if he can actually play LB. Chances of that though??
Understand where your coming from though :cry: .

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

But isn't the problem that we simply aren't creative, or pacy, enough to cause problems to teams who sit back against us ? For me that is the reason we have been utterly predictable and unsuccessful since December last year. In short we have been sussed and don't have to necessary tools to change our game plan.

Haven't seen much of Cornet but from what I have he is a massive upgrade on Benrahma, particularly when we don't have the ball. But will that enable Fornals to be played in a role better suited to his ability to pick out the "killer" ball ? I guess we'll have to wait and see, but if it doesn't then I can still see our basic predictability being an issue.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

garnett

Post by garnett »

And another thing, the Payet guip.

I may need your help here, I`ve tried I`ve really really tried and I can `t think of anyone remotely like Payet that he has ever bought, so why now ?

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Clayton wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:07 pm
JayK wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:03 pm

Agree Cornet wouldn’t improve a top 6 team but I do think he improves our wafer thin squad and starting 11
Let's hope your right about Cornet , as I have selected him in my starting 11 against Forest at his supposedly best position at LB , and not were his manager at Burnley got lucky for a while up front or on the left in attack .
What position did you put Cornet in? If you put him left wing back and he's played as a forward do points still count? Could be dodgy picking a player from our squad.😀
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

garnett wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:03 pm And another thing, the Payet guip.

I may need your help here, I`ve tried I`ve really really tried and I can `t think of anyone remotely like Payet that he has ever bought, so why now ?
Maybe Moyes thinks his tremendous free kicks will draw attention away from the the short comings of the rest.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

garnett wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:03 pm And another thing, the Payet guip.

L-I-p s-e-r-v-I-c-e.
Bring back Jonathon !