The Interview

Chat about anything football related here!
garnett

The Interview

Post by garnett »

Just seen it, apparently we are now shopping for players to keep us in the top 6, great on paper but I reckon that for player's of that calibre £45 - £50m is probably your opening gambit, and yet who we have signed is nowhere near being that quality or price.

Have I misunderstood something.

Thoughts please.

eskimo joe

Re: The Interview

Post by eskimo joe »

Scamacca looks promising.. We spent around £84m to date. So if we assume we budgeted for around £150m( a figure that has been frequently bandied around) Then each of the 3 players presumed required can be around £22m each. Loans with options would seem more likely if your theory is to be followed and probably now a reason it is taking so long. Just my guess though.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

I haven't listened to the interview as I'd rather watch a car rust. Whatever was said he's probably been up most nights reading a carefully written script put together from those above him on what to say and to watch his P's and Q's.
I wouldn't believe him if he told me Christmas was in December.
To me he's nothing but a snivelling little weasel who'll say anything to keep his job and desperate to keep the fans on his side.
Three Dave's, all good chums together.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Shouldn't we have been looking for players to improve the 1st eleven in the first place . Really do not see what Downes or Cornet are here for , they definitely aren't top six players and dont improve my starting eleven in a top six side .
Will say that Scamacca looks very promising already and should start against Forest .
Wheres our top six LB , LW , CB and DM .

palerider

Post by palerider »

garnett wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:26 am Just seen it, apparently we are now shopping for players to keep us in the top 6, great on paper but I reckon that for player's of that calibre £45 - £50m is probably your opening gambit, and yet who we have signed is nowhere near being that quality or price.

Have I misunderstood something.

Thoughts please.
Shopping for players of that calibre is one thing but asking the staff to put them back for you when you get to the checkout tills and see the price is another.

JayK

Post by JayK »

Clayton wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:00 pm Shouldn't we have been looking for players to improve the 1st eleven in the first place . Really do not see what Downes or Cornet are here for , they definitely aren't top six players and dont improve my starting eleven in a top six side .
Will say that Scamacca looks very promising already and should start against Forest .
Agree Cornet wouldn’t improve a top 6 team but I do think he improves our wafer thin squad and starting 11
COYI!!!

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

JayK wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:03 pm
Clayton wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:00 pm Shouldn't we have been looking for players to improve the 1st eleven in the first place . Really do not see what Downes or Cornet are here for , they definitely aren't top six players and dont improve my starting eleven in a top six side .
Agree Cornet wouldn’t improve a top 6 team but I do think he improves our wafer thin squad and starting 11
Let's hope your right about Cornet , as I have selected him in my starting 11 against Forest at his supposedly best position at LB , and not were his manager at Burnley got lucky for a while up front or on the left in attack .

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Fucking Scotch board toadie.

Full of shit.

When the cunt does buy players he don’t know where to fucking use them.

JayK

Post by JayK »

Clayton wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:07 pm
JayK wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:03 pm

Let's hope your right about Cornet , as I have selected him in my starting 11 against Forest at his supposedly best position at LB , and not were his manager at Burnley got lucky for a while up front or on the left in attack .
Really? His best position? Heard he’s played there before but thought he was more an attacking winger type mainly. Just don’t give the cunt penalty duty.
He won’t start LB when Cresswell is fit though, we all know that
COYI!!!

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:10 pm Fucking Scotch board toadie.

Full of shit.

When the cunt does buy players he don’t know where or when to fucking use them.