West Ham vs Brighton Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
andyginbrasil

Re: West Ham vs Brighton Official Match Thread

Post by andyginbrasil »

To unlock the potential of Scallywag Popeye needs to play Fornals in the middle....

Hammershark

Post by Hammershark »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:14 am Believe we’ll break the duck on this one

3-1
You’re absolutely spot on with that score prediction….it will happen …we will beat the buggers finally !
Get yer mortgage on and clean up……absolutely no doubt about it ……..Come on you Irons ! ⚒

(FSS…..it almost seems as big as beating a Real Madrid, Bayern Munich 😂)

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

Let's hope for the best.
Flairon

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Flairon wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 4:48 am Let's hope for the best.
Providing we don't just hope for the best and prepare for the worse. It's about time we took the game to them instead of the other way around.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

eskimo joe wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 7:02 am
Providing we don't just hope for the best and prepare for the worse. It's about time we took the game to them instead of the other way around.
Problem is Joe we are bloody useless when it comes to trying to dictate play. Our game is based on counter attack and, as a lot of people have pointed out, we don't seem able to find a plan B. Another defeat on the cards I fear, my one hope being that I'm not good at predictions. ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:38 am

Problem is Joe we are bloody useless when it comes to trying to dictate play. Our game is based on counter attack and, as a lot of people have pointed out, we don't seem able to find a plan B. Another defeat on the cards I fear, my one hope being that I'm not good at predictions. ;)
Then we really need to take a leaf out of Viborgs book and keep possession and await patiently for the chance of the break

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

This is what we want to see tomorrow.

https://www.whufc.com/brightcove_video/5542

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

I would not disagree with that, but I am still going to hope for the best. 😂
Flairon

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

andyginbrasil wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:31 pm To unlock the potential of Scallywag Popeye needs to play Fornals in the middle....
:? Andy , Popeye needs more then Fornals in the middle to unlock the potential of Scamacca or to improve this team , we need RW/LW not only capable of putting in decent crosses but good at cutting in inside and make a pass , and to get it all going a CM with the ability to see a key pass and with the ability to make it .

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:38 am

Our Plan A which is as you say is counter attacking football hasn't worked since Christmas ( was surprised it worked at all with our lack on pace/creativity in midfield and the squad , but I suppose hoofing up the pitch is another option ) , and it didn't work prior to that against a few clubs anyway , but we still continue to employ to this day .
Moyes came to the club wanting to build on the policy in the Red Bull model , which is as far as I can make out is an aggressive brand of attractive football at a high intensity , to be active with and without the ball . The goal is to maintain a high level of speed and verticality throughout their game . When the opponent has the ball, they usually employ a high and aggressive pressing strategy. During their own possession phases they permanently try to get runners behind the opponent’s defence.
Most transfer types are either promotions from internal youth teams , loans , or free transfers and on average 22.37 years old .
Somehow Moyes has forgotten what he actually wanted to do here or just isn't capable .