Weekend’s Other Games

Chat about anything football related here!
Castiron

Re: Weekend’s Other Games

Post by Castiron »

Fair play to the dirty Leeds 👍

palerider

Post by palerider »

There's talk about Joe Gomez going to Qatar.

Fucking hell.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

palerider wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:26 am There's talk about Joe Gomez going to Qatar.

Fucking hell.
Wouldn't be surprised if we are on the first plane home tbh.

The majority his taking have been crap this season. Add in his Moyes tactics and it doesn't look too convincing.

I have watched every World Cup/Euros since 1978 and can honestly say,I am not one bit interested at the moment..EVERYTHING about this World Cup is totally scandalous and wrong.

I'm sure we will put up a thread about this scandal before it starts.I don't think a lot of us are happy with it.
Last edited by terrya1965 on Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

palerider wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:26 am There's talk about Joe Gomez going to Qatar.

Fucking hell.
I seen him play three times and all I seen is poor defending and errors. Waste of a space on the bench. But hey ho, who really cares, this world cup is a fast, hypocrisy and shady deals to boot.

The blame is across the board, no association chose to boycott it, even at a time when a change of venue was feasible. I won't be wasting my time watching it.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

JayK

Post by JayK »

Fucking hell.
Him and Maguire will be amazing :lol:
COYI!!!

palerider

Post by palerider »

eskimo joe wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:54 am

Fucking hell.
I seen him play three times and all I seen is poor defending and errors. Waste of a space on the bench. But hey ho, who really cares, this world cup is a fast, hypocrisy and shady deals to boot.

The blame is across the board, no association chose to boycott it, even at a time when a change of venue was feasible. I won't be wasting my time watching it.
I'm watching the septics game with mates in London but it's more to do with a pre-Xmas piss-up tbh. Other than that I may watch, I may not, but as you say, it's a farce. I'm sure the holy waistcoat will pick his favourites as per. Slabhead and Sterling etc etc.

No doubt there'll be a thread about it nearer the time but it would have been lovely if the FA, especially as it's got damning evidence that palms were greased to have the thing in the desert, told FIFA to do one and refuse to take part. More countries would have followed.

But of course nobody had the cojones.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:45 am

Fucking hell.
Wouldn't be surprised if we are on the first plane home tbh.

The majority his taking have been crap this season. Add in his Moyes tactics and it doesn't look too convincing.

I have watched every World Cup/Euros since 1978 and can honestly say,I am not one bit interested at the moment..EVERYTHING about this World Cup is totally scandalous and wrong.

I'm sure we will put up a thread about this scandal before it starts.I don't think a lot of us are happy with it.
That boat sailed a long time ago. When Qatar was first announced the German F A floated the idea that countries should boycott it because of the extreme temperatures. This was obviously before it was moved to Nov/Dec. But nobody seemed to want to support any boycott so the idea sort of died the death. Which imo was a shame. The World Cup should be held in a country which at least plays the bloody game internationally. Qatar didn't have an international team before they were named as hosts FFS.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

I know mate..All for the sake of the bigwigs at FIFA to feel their own pockets. I cannot think of any other reason what so ever why it was held there,can you?

hd1

Post by hd1 »

andyginbrasil wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:13 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:02 pm We all know about Moyes's lack of ambition away at the big 4.Many of us onhere said,we thought we could get something.Tbf,we did start to play after 40 minutes though.
Leeds went for them from the start....and scored after just 4 mins.....why give a team 40 mins to settle......You should go into every game thinking you could get something iout of this.... Or why bother turning up at all
Do you honestly think we go into a game expecting not to get something out of it?

I'm sure some fans think Moyes actually tells the team before they go out to try and keep it to a 1-o loss

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Expecting and hoping are two different things. We all hope to get something out of it, be it a point, but in some cases we rarely expect.

Moyes, by his own words, not literally but by implication, sets up these games for damage limitation, in the hope, not expectation, that he will get more out of it.

Nothing wrong with that, but I would hardly call it going for the jugular from the off. And on the odd occasions it has worked to earn us a point, but rarely 3.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest