January 2023 transfer window thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Newmarket

Re: January 2023 transfer window thread

Post by Newmarket »

I see West Ham central’s turned up again.
Must be that time of year .
Bring back Jonathon !

Pipe smurf

Post by Pipe smurf »

What I would do is sell Soucek

Buy Lazar Samardzic (CAM), Ryan Christie (forward) and Ruben Garcia (CAM/forward)

whufc_crest

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Pipe smurf wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 5:54 pm What I would do is sell Soucek

Buy Lazar Samardzic (CAM), Ryan Christie (forward) and Ruben Garcia (CAM/forward)

whufc_crest
And what do we do with Fornals and Vlasic ? , if we are selling Soucek would we not need a DM/CM as rumours are also saying we want to get rid of Coventry . If anything we need at least one CB , a decent RB ( if Ashby is off ) and a LB . Definitely could do with a forward though .
Anyway better left till the new manager comes in , really do not want Moyes getting his hands on anymore money .

Pipe smurf

Post by Pipe smurf »

Fornals should be used as a squad player for the time being at least

Vlasic is gone

palerider

Post by palerider »

What's really needed are some younger, faster players. McDullard has made us the slowest team in the PL. No pace and can't press. A recipe for disaster in the modern game.

I'm hoping he gets the sack before Statler & Waldorf give out any transfer budget, the new manager has a massive rebuliding job on his hands, but I fear the cunts in charge will carry on as before.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Clayton wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 2:01 pm
Pipe smurf wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 5:54 pm What I would do is sell Soucek

whufc_crest
And what do we do with Fornals and Vlasic ? , if we are selling Soucek would we not need a DM/CM as rumours are also saying we want to get rid of Coventry . If anything we need at least one CB , a decent RB ( if Ashby is off ) and a LB . Definitely could do with a forward though .
Anyway better left till the new manager comes in , really do not want Moyes getting his hands on anymore money .
If Fornals has decent advisers I reckon they'll be telling him to run for the exits, Don't think there would be any shortage of enquiries. It's clear Moyes for some reason prefers to use Paqueta in the creative midfield role so if Fornals is played he will be , as usual, deployed as a baby sitter for Cresswell.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Even if we do get active in this coming window, there is only one squad space available .
Anything else will be a one out one in situation.

Then there is the home grown quota to consider not just now but in the summer.
Dawson may well leave , Cresswell SHOULD be on his way , Rice IS on his way , Johnson MAY be on his way ( contract situation) .
Ogbonna is likely to be pensioned off .

And that’s if we stay up .

I’m not looking forward to this evening, I think it’s going to be a grim atmosphere…
Bring back Jonathon !

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:13 am
Clayton wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 2:01 pm

If Fornals has decent advisers I reckon they'll be telling him to run for the exits, Don't think there would be any shortage of enquiries. It's clear Moyes for some reason prefers to use Paqueta in the creative midfield role so if Fornals is played he will be , as usual, deployed as a baby sitter for Cresswell.
You could put money on the fact Fornals advisers are doing that , problem is those players who have joined us recently are in a pickle as their advisers must of told them to join us under Moyes , which for me was going to be a problem from the off .
Ok , he was a decent ( average ) manager years ago at Everton , though he never did well consistently at the top or won any silverware in his eleven years there . Many fans at Everton referred to him as Dithering Dave , and critised him for his poor away record against the Big Four clubs not winning in 43 attempts , sounds familiar . But Ferguson recommended him for the Man Utd job on his retirement so Moyes went to pastures bigger .
He was a failure at Man Utd given a six year contract being sacked a year after signing .
Got the job at Real Sociedad sacked after a year , got the job at Sunderaland in July 2016 and got them relegated in April 2017 after spending ten years in the top flight , Moyes resigned .
We know the continuing saga from those days which will be told by fans to their children of the glory days of Moyes European adventures at West Ham . We as fans really do have a very low expectation from our managers and players , as long as they play a semblance of attractive football poorly and show blood , sweat and tears on the pitch we for some reason love them . Players like Carlton Cole , Ginger Pele and now we have Antonio and Dawson to name a few are reverred by the fans , though we did have a real footballer recently in Payet the only one in about 40 years of the clubs history , we really should aim higher . mediocrity at its best
Last edited by Clayton on Fri Dec 30, 2022 11:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Newmarket wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 11:05 am Even if we do get active in this coming window, there is only one squad space available .

Dawson may well leave , Cresswell SHOULD be on his way , Rice IS on his way , Johnson MAY be on his way ( contract situation) .

I’m not looking forward to this evening, I think it’s going to be a grim atmosphere…
I am not looking forward to the future either with the state of the squad as it is , the future manager is going to have some job on his hands when you think about it .

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 11:05 am Even if we do get active in this coming window, there is only one squad space available .

I don't think we will stay up. The malaise has burrowed far too deeply and there appears to be no one capable of finding a solution. The general sense of hopelessness is very reminiscent of the Grant season when I believe the majority of our fans realised early doors that the drop was pretty inevitable. Particularly when Martin O'Neill told the dwarf to do one when he was apparently offered the gig around Christmas time.

As you say there will be a number of departures in the summer even without relegation. With Championship football to look forward to there will be a stampede for the lifeboats imo. And I bet there wuill still be deluded click baiters and the like still believing we can attract the likes of Pochettino and Tuchel. :lol:
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?