January 2023 transfer window thread

Chat about anything football related here!
h69

Re: January 2023 transfer window thread

Post by h69 »

Newmarket wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:47 pm
h69 wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:57 pm

I think it's funny to say that it was kept quiet when it was announced at both clubs on their websites.

As for the kids that have left, we'll I heard all that when Rob Hall and Grady Diangana were let go and I'm still waiting to see them tear it up.

Good luck to the kid Longelo but there is probably a reason only Birmingham were in for him yesterday despite many PL clubs being in the market.

Dud score his first goal v QPR though but then gave away a pen I believe :?
I think what Clay was trying to say was that the flogging off of Longelo wasn’t picked up on by the usual suspects so was a bit of a surprise when it actually happened as there’s rarely any smoke without fire, especially at West Ham.

Personally I was hoping that in this kids case the club were genuinely loaning him out to Birmingham to give him proper football experience at a decent level .
And he was getting game time too . I understand the only reason he lost his place initially was because of the EFL 5 loanee max ruling (& Birmingham have 6) but played last weekend and played well so may well have got his place back , who knows ?

I’m a little disappointed as it seems he’s just not as good as Cresswell 🥲
If by usual suspects you mean Sky and BBC etc it will be because he is not good enough yet to even warrant a mention.

Hope he does well but it's only on here that these players are all suddenly as good as Beckenbauer. Take Alese for example....only Sunderland were interested in him....Okoflex and Chesters couldn't get game time at their loan clubs and Longelo was only wanted by Brum.

Man City and Chelsea hoover up any decent young talent and I don't see them sniffing round anyone yet.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

h69 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:56 pm
Newmarket wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:47 pm

I think what Clay was trying to say was that the flogging off of Longelo wasn’t picked up on by the usual suspects so was a bit of a surprise when it actually happened as there’s rarely any smoke without fire, especially at West Ham.

Personally I was hoping that in this kids case the club were genuinely loaning him out to Birmingham to give him proper football experience at a decent level .
And he was getting game time too . I understand the only reason he lost his place initially was because of the EFL 5 loanee max ruling (& Birmingham have 6) but played last weekend and played well so may well have got his place back , who knows ?

I’m a little disappointed as it seems he’s just not as good as Cresswell 🥲
If by usual suspects you mean Sky and BBC etc it will be because he is not good enough yet to even warrant a mention.

I was actually talking about the West Ham click bait sites of which there are many of course , even the ITK’s never saw this coming .
Yes I wish him well but , as I said , I’m a little disappointed another one is obviously cack .
Bring back Jonathon !

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Newmarket wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:38 pm
h69 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:56 pm

I was actually talking about the West Ham click bait sites of which there are many of course , even the ITK’s never saw this coming .
Yes I wish him well but , as I said , I’m a little disappointed another one is obviously cack .
It's funny how it is reported that West Ham are furious that when players sign for another club late in a window, or decide not to renew their contract . Knobheads.

Let's take the writings as gospel, though it's more than likely over exaggerated. Why would they expect a player who knows he is basically thought of as surplus to requirements to remain?! If they deemed him good enough then why not use him when given the chance?! Obviously they don't so why all the fuss?!

All smoke screens to dampen customers distain.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

eskimo joe wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:45 am
Newmarket wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:38 pm

It's funny how it is reported that West Ham are furious that when players sign for another club late in a window, or decide not to renew their contract . Knobheads.

Let's take the writings as gospel, though it's more than likely over exaggerated. Why would they expect a player who knows he is basically thought of as surplus to requirements to remain?! If they deemed him good enough then why not use him when given the chance?! Obviously they don't so why all the fuss?!

All smoke screens to dampen customers distain.
Manuel Lanzini likes this post
Bring back Jonathon !