January 2023 transfer window thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Brookbonds73

Re: January 2023 transfer window thread

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Clayton wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:20 pm
palerider wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:13 am Did we sign the Irish kid then ?

Or did he get texts from Perkins, Ekwah, Alese, Ashby & Longelo saying 'Don't be a cunt'.
They fucking kept the sale of Longelo quiet , MotM in a European match and never seen again in a senior match , and by all accounts doing well on loan with Birmingham .
https://www.whufc.com/news/emmanuel-lon ... ity-switch
Add that sale to the others and Dawson's and your well on the way to recouping the Danny Ings money.
They're not stupid Clay.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

h69

Post by h69 »

palerider wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:13 am Did we sign the Irish kid then ?

Or did he get texts from Perkins, Ekwah, Alese, Ashby & Longelo saying 'Don't be a cunt'.
They fucking kept the sale of Longelo quiet , MotM in a European match and never seen again in a senior match , and by all accounts doing well on loan with Birmingham .
Hardly kept it quiet, It was announced on both club websites. He was already there on loan. If you mean Sky kept it quiet, it's probably because it does not really compete with the Fernandez and Cancelo deals :lol:

15 out, 6.3 in
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-02-01 at 12.55.35.png
Screenshot 2023-02-01 at 12.55.35.png (121.52 KiB) Viewed 8736 times

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

h69 wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:57 pm

Hardly kept it quiet, It was announced on both club websites. He was already there on loan. If you mean Sky kept it quiet, it's probably because it does not really compete with the Fernandez and Cancelo deals :lol:

15 out, 6.3 in
I know Longelo was there on loan and supposedly doing well isn't the point of loan deals to see a youngster gain experience . Really do not see what there is to laugh about , another club youngster who may or may not be up to the standard of the premier league has left us , without even being given a chance to show if they had the ability , similar to Perkins - Alese and Ekwah to name a few .

palerider

Post by palerider »

Clayton wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:41 pm

15 out, 6.3 in
I know Longelo was there on loan and supposedly doing well isn't the point of loan deals to see a youngster gain experience . Really do not see what there is to laugh about , another club youngster who may or may not be up to the standard of the premier league has left us , without even being given a chance to show if they had the ability , similar to Perkins - Alese and Ekwah to name a few .
Longelo was dropped recently. His performances had dropped off and there's suggestions he was getting a Billy big bollocks attitude but Brum still saw enough to think they could manage it and sign him permanently.

Meanwhile, McDullard has enquired about Kenny Sansom's fitness as left-back cover.

h69

Post by h69 »

15 out, 6.3 in
I think it's funny to say that it was kept quiet when it was announced at both clubs on their websites.

As for the kids that have left, we'll I heard all that when Rob Hall and Grady Diangana were let go and I'm still waiting to see them tear it up.

Good luck to the kid Longelo but there is probably a reason only Birmingham were in for him yesterday despite many PL clubs being in the market.

Dud score his first goal v QPR though but then gave away a pen I believe :?

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

palerider wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:48 pm

Longelo was dropped recently. His performances had dropped off and there's suggestions he was getting a Billy big bollocks attitude but Brum still saw enough to think they could manage it and sign him permanently.

Meanwhile, McDullard has enquired about Kenny Sansom's fitness as left-back cover.
Their must be a reason why all these youngsters from our youth system get a billy big bollocks attitude , there was talk of it before Longelo even went out on loan ? .

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Clayton wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:03 pm

Their must be a reason why all these youngsters from our youth system get a billy big bollocks attitude , there was talk of it before Longelo even went out on loan ? .
To float a theory, not based on any facts, purely on the "billy big bollocks" rumour which has surfaced, and in fairness we've all heard before in relation to Perkins to name one. And I'm sure we all remember Reece Oxford only too well.

The academy is in large part staffed by ex West Ham players, many of them who could at best be described as "journeymen". I would suggest that when an iold boys mentality exists it tends to develop a sort of comfort zone. A feeling of "we've made it chaps" As many posters have alluded to in the past "success" at West Ham is not measured in terms of league position but on the basis of continued survioval in the Premier League. Could it therefore be that at the lower playing levels contracts are handed out too quickly and encourage the "I've made it" mentality.

If I was involved in the running of the academy I would be concerned that our current crop of Under 18's, whose results suggest they are a very talented bunch, will be held back by the likes of Oko-Flex (not good enough to get much pitch time at Swansea). Nevers (ditto at Newport) and assorted others still no doubt poncing around looking good in the Under 23 pub league but who are it seems being found wanting when sent on loan to play the real stuff.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Agents mainly ,they over inflate youngsters ego’s then conspire to get them to agree to them asking a ridiculous salary on the off chance we’re gullible to take it.

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:36 pm

Agents mainly ,they over inflate youngsters ego’s then conspire to get them to agree to them asking a ridiculous salary on the off chance we’re gullible to take it.
I will go with that 100%....over inflate player wage demands.. and as soon as there there is a sniff of a transfer fee comission on the horizon whoever it may be it is usually the agent who advises the player to move, even if it is not in the players interest......agents...scum of the earth

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

You'd be surprised what goes on in the background with these youngsters. A London club (not us as we wouldn't know talent if it fell in McCunty's minge) had a talented youngster a while back whose dad used to drive him to training in an old car.
A couple of months later dad's driving him to training in a brand new Mercedes. Loose change when you consider that the kid may turn in to a star and be worth millions.
The incentives/perks bribes even offered to these kids is quite something even at that level.
Ashby probably didn't fancy being driven around in a 1968 ford Anglia, so decided to fuck off.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.