Well now David.

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: The sack David Moyes and hire Thomas Frank thread

Post by Whiskyman »

Hammershark wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:22 am Well out of all the managers mentioned on here to replace Moyes I have to say I wouldn’t want any of them.
If Moyes has to go mid season I would rather see our own Mark Noble given a chance to see what he could do with this talented squad…I would bet my life that although he has no management experience he could get this team putting in much improved performances than we have seen for ages.
I would suggest a Noble /Nolan combo and bring the Ginger Pele back into the club to coach the defence and lift the spirits.
Also I think we need a Strikers coach to help the final third of play improve …a Teddy S would bring a lot of know how to this side of things.
Come on you Daves ….you know it makes sense :D
Nice sentiments mate but history tells us that a "jobs for the old boys" policy is normally doomed to failure. In any case if there is a problem that needs addressing Nolan must be part of the problem as he is already on the coaching team.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

I think the board seriously need to think about whether they retain Moyes or let him go before Christmas.

He hasn't changed, and he seems to have brought his cunning plan for Manure along with him. He bought , as far as I understand, two players whilst he was there, one in the summer and one in the January window, ( hints of looking for his type of player). He dismissed the backroom staff and instated Phil Neville and Ryan Giggs ( Stuart Pearce, Kevin Nolan) . I can see the argument for that being an error in judgement, of course it depends what his intentions were. Whatever, they failed.

All I can see is his adherence to a plan he concocted many months ago and his blind faith , no matter that the evidence states otherwise, that he will succeed. He might achieve his goal but only if he reasseses his approach, maybe the board have faith that he can, I myself have not.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

eskimo joe wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 4:15 pm I think the board seriously need to think about whether they retain Moyes or let him go before Christmas.

He hasn't changed, and he seems to have brought his cunning plan for Manure along with him. He bought , as far as I understand, two players whilst he was there, one in the summer and one in the January window, ( hints of looking for his type of player). He dismissed the backroom staff and instated Phil Neville and Ryan Giggs ( Stuart Pearce, Kevin Nolan) . I can see the argument for that being an error in judgement, of course it depends what his intentions were. Whatever, they failed.

All I can see is his adherence to a plan he concocted many months ago and his blind faith , no matter that the evidence states otherwise, that he will succeed. He might achieve his goal but only if he reasseses his approach, maybe the board have faith that he can, I myself have not.
He will depart like he arrived. Unrespected and unloved

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

eskimo joe wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 4:15 pm I think the board seriously need to think about whether they retain Moyes or let him go before Christmas.

Your point abut his Man United signings got me curious so I looked them up. He actually bought 3 in his first window. You've heard of Marouane Fellaini but I bet you haven't heard of Guillermo Varela and Saidy Janko have you ? Fellaini and Janko shipped up on the last day of the summer window.

Then in the winter window he bought in Juan Mata.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 6:01 pm

Your point abut his Man United signings got me curious so I looked them up. He actually bought 3 in his first window. You've heard of Marouane Fellaini but I bet you haven't heard of Guillermo Varela and Saidy Janko have you ? Fellaini and Janko shipped up on the last day of the summer window.

Then in the winter window he bought in Juan Mata.
Hehe, no I haven't, and I wonder where he dug them up from, sounds like a Kral sort of signing.

Watcher

Re: POLL: If Moyes would get the sack who would you want to take over?

Post by Watcher »

HITC

West Ham eye manager with 132 Premier League wins amid David Moyes struggles

Billy Meyers

According to Jeunes Footeux, West Ham are lining up a sensation move to hire Mauricio Pochettino if David Moyes continues to struggle.

Well, what an appointment this would be.

Jeunes Footeux believe West Ham have already ‘tested the waters’ with Pochettino – who has won 132 Premier League games in management – amid doubts over Moyes and his ability to take the east Londoners any further.

The Scot has suffered a dreadful start to the season despite spending £160m in the summer transfer window, overseeing five defeats from the first seven Premier League games.

Understandably, given the amount spent on signings such as Gianluca Scamacca and Lucas Paqueta, those in the boardroom at the London Stadium are expecting more from Moyes.

Jeunes Footeux add that Pochettino would demand a few signings of his own in the January transfer window if the Argentine does replace Moyes, and that is described as a potential problem by the French news outlet.

Having spent so much in the summer, it is unlikely that West Ham will sanction many winter arrivals, if any.

West Ham must give Moyes time as Pochettino lurks

In our view, it would be utterly cruel of West Ham to sack Moyes without giving him time to turn things around.

The 59-year-old breathed new life into the Hammers after some forgettable seasons, guiding the Irons to successive European campaigns despite battling relegation when he returned for a second stint.

Of course, West Ham can’t allow Moyes to live off his past achievements, but he has barely had any time to gel the likes of Scamacca, Paqueta, Maxwel Cornet and others into his side.

If he is not given time to do so, after all he has achieved since replacing Manuel Pellegrini in 2019, it would be truly harsh from the east Londoners.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

What a load of old tosh, take away the. new signings and nothing has got better since Christmas. Even with them it's the same only with convenient excuses. But it's all been said before.

If Pooch needs to spend in January I would be surprised, wants to maybe but needs to ! No. Might be desirable but with the squad we have we got enough to do the job. Spend in the summer, especially as more contracts will be over., or near to it.

Saturday's game is the one that should decide his short term future, Wolves record to date is 1 win less in the last 14 than ours and this seasons goal tally is the same. If he sets up the same and loses then I wouldn't be giving him credit for his past achievements, all we have done is come full circle.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Watcher wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:50 am HITC

West Ham eye manager with 132 Premier League wins amid David Moyes struggles

Billy Meyers

According to Jeunes Footeux, West Ham are lining up a sensation move to hire Mauricio Pochettino if David Moyes continues to struggle.

Well, what an appointment this would be.

Jeunes Footeux believe West Ham have already ‘tested the waters’ with Pochettino – who has won 132 Premier League games in management – amid doubts over Moyes and his ability to take the east Londoners any further.

The Scot has suffered a dreadful start to the season despite spending £160m in the summer transfer window, overseeing five defeats from the first seven Premier League games.

Understandably, given the amount spent on signings such as Gianluca Scamacca and Lucas Paqueta, those in the boardroom at the London Stadium are expecting more from Moyes.

Jeunes Footeux add that Pochettino would demand a few signings of his own in the January transfer window if the Argentine does replace Moyes, and that is described as a potential problem by the French news outlet.

Having spent so much in the summer, it is unlikely that West Ham will sanction many winter arrivals, if any.

West Ham must give Moyes time as Pochettino lurks

In our view, it would be utterly cruel of West Ham to sack Moyes without giving him time to turn things around.

The 59-year-old breathed new life into the Hammers after some forgettable seasons, guiding the Irons to successive European campaigns despite battling relegation when he returned for a second stint.

Of course, West Ham can’t allow Moyes to live off his past achievements, but he has barely had any time to gel the likes of Scamacca, Paqueta, Maxwel Cornet and others into his side.

If he is not given time to do so, after all he has achieved since replacing Manuel Pellegrini in 2019, it would be truly harsh from the east Londoners.
All that is a load of horseshit because it doesn't address common urgencies.

The facts are 20% fixtures completed 4 points accrued with a net positive £160M investment.

Plus a collapse in the action matrices measured by effort expended. 19th in running distances,pass completion,ball possession.

People struggling might be afforded a bit of space,a bit of time.
But when your lazy or disinterested as well,then patience evaporates. And real quick

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

What would be the upside for Pochettino of joining West Ham ? I'm pretty sure he doesn't need the cash, is on the shortlist whenever one of Europe's "big" managerial vacancies occurs and would want the opportunity of having another crack at the game's top trophies. Would West Ham offer him that opportunity ?

It would certainly be an ambitious move on the club's part if true, and, as the man said, if you don't ask you don't get. But, really :lol: :lol: :lol:

palerider

Post by palerider »

I heard a song on the radio yesterday. A blast from the past. 'There's no other way' by Blur.

I'll come to that at the end.

I live a long way away from the ILS now. So it's a big commitment to go. And a lot of money. I went a few times last season. None were classics, none of them edge of your seat stuff and it was mostly to catch up with mates anyway following the pandemic. We didn't lose any of them.

I had a ticket for the benders game this year but couldn't attend due to family stuff. And I'm fucking glad. I've reached that age now where I want to be entertained. We may win today but I'm damn sure it won't be pretty. I know it's about money now and I get it. All those seasons for Burnley with Dycheball earned them a lot. But I'd sooner have my eyes put out than watch that shit week in week out.

I accept we can't go gung-ho against the Citys and the victims. I'm not stupid. 30% possession and pinching points is fine. But the rest ?

I won't be going again until Moyes has gone. If the board sack him too late and we go down, which I don't think we will btw, I'll happily go in the Championship as long as the footie's good. I can usually blag a ticket somewhere.

So bollocks to the economics and 'stay in the league at all costs for me'. I don't care.

Back to Blur.

You've taken the fun out of everything.....

There's no other way, there's no other way.

All you can do is watch them play.

Damon Albarn could have written that just for Moyes.

Bielsa would suit me down to the ground.