Well now David.

Chat about anything football related here!
andyginbrasil

Re: POLL: If Moyes would walk or get the sack who would you want to take over?

Post by andyginbrasil »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:26 pm
andyginbrasil wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:03 pm

He is in deed... actually managing my club here in Paraná, Athletico Paranaense who are sitting in 6th a very impressive feat for the club.
30 clubs in 40 years......so very shortly he will be looking for a new job. Usually only stays in one place for 15 months.
But in my opinion for what it's worth doesn't fit into our up and coming young manager slot....more like the Mr Dead slot at 73 years old
So you wouldn't fancy a dream team of Scolari with Twitchy as his Triffic Director of Football then ? Very ageist if I may say so.
If you threw in Pellegrini as assistant manager then maybe I would think about it...........or not
:lol:

Brookbonds73

Re: What we're seeing now.

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Clayton wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:23 pm
Brookbonds73 wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:48 pm

Like you say Clay, peligrini was well past his prime and looking for one last pay day and duped the stunted one in to thinking he was the new Messiah.
Me personally I'd have Pochettino.
Younger more ideas, not afraid of youth players playing, a far better proposition for attracting new players and would get the best out of the talent we have.
I'd also have Mark Noble as his number two.

Best of all, he wouldn't cost a penny.
Just pay off wee jock mcplop and let's move forward.
Pochettino , yes please but doubt he would even take a second look at us , or would he ? , Do we have within our squad the makings of a Pochettino team is the question , because if not the owners would have to dig deep into their pockets . At least he would use any of the youth who show potential .
I don't honestly see why not to be honest.
The team is already there, it's just a matter of piecing it together.
And I don't think they'd have to shell out that much to really have a go at top six. Maybe one or two signings of class every window would do the trick.
He owns a house in London, he knows West Ham the stadium, the fans and what's expected.
Come on Poch, you know it makes sense. 😁
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Hammershark

Post by Hammershark »

Moyes is a decent fella and has made the club a bit more professional and given us some respect back as a club, this I thank him for but since the first half of last season the football we have played in the league has been awful to be honest.
For a while we seemed to move upfield with the ball with relative ease and looked like scoring every time.
What’s happened since then….we can’t defend properly….can’t pass and move ….even against weak opposition we sit back defending trying to hit killer long balls every time we get possession back….98% of the time giving the ball away.
We were even doing it last night against the low level Dane’s.
I honestly think our football has gone to pot since Alan Irvine left the coaching role which doesn’t say a lot for Moyes.
Worst thing of all is that he doesn’t change things when not working ….before games or during and that is his downfall, the best managers make changes as soon as tactics seem not to be working during games…Moyes doesn’t ..normally only making like for like substitutions when the game is lost.
That’s why he will never win a major trophy…no matter how good the squad is……and we have a very good Squad at the moment.
I now hope and pray the guy goes and proves me wrong but I can’t see it happening.
As for the question of who would replace Moyes ….I think Potter would have been great for us and I wanted him when Moyes came back but we have missed that boat so fuck knows :lol:

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

andyginbrasil wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:03 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:26 pm

So you wouldn't fancy a dream team of Scolari with Twitchy as his Triffic Director of Football then ? Very ageist if I may say so.
If you threw in Pellegrini as assistant manager then maybe I would think about it...........or not
:lol:
Can't remember the fella's name but I had in mind the fat geezer who managed England briefly before Southgate and his waistcoat rode into town.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:04 pm
Clayton wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:23 pm

Pochettino , yes please but doubt he would even take a second look at us , or would he ? , Do we have within our squad the makings of a Pochettino team is the question , because if not the owners would have to dig deep into their pockets . At least he would use any of the youth who show potential .
And I don't think they'd have to shell out that much to really have a go at top six. Maybe one or two signings of class every window would do the trick.
He owns a house in London, he knows West Ham the stadium, the fans and what's expected.
I might be wrong but I think when managers have reached the top level, like Pochettino once he got the gig at PSG, they are reluctant to lower their sights down from the elite group of clubs at the top of the pinnacle. Tbh when the noises about boardroom discontent at Chelsea started getting louder I had a sneaking feeling he might ship up there.

I think any self respecting club at our level would be interested in Pochettino if they were looking for a new manager, but whether Pochettino would consider it a good move for himself would be debatable. But as the man said, if you don't ask you don't get.

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:40 pm

I might be wrong but I think when managers have reached the top level, like Pochettino once he got the gig at PSG, they are reluctant to lower their sights down from the elite group of clubs at the top of the pinnacle. Tbh when the noises about boardroom discontent at Chelsea started getting louder I had a sneaking feeling he might ship up there.

I think any self respecting club at our level would be interested in Pochettino if they were looking for a new manager, but whether Pochettino would consider it a good move for himself would be debatable. But as the man said, if you don't ask you don't get.
Oh I don't know Moaning Maureen has gone to Roma....a step down from most of his last gigs....

Towie

Post by Towie »

Pipe smurf wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:25 pm Mauricio Pochettino would be a coup
Thought you said we getting Tuchel?😂😂😂
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

andyginbrasil wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:07 pm

Oh I don't know Moaning Maureen has gone to Roma....a step down from most of his last gigs....
They are. But they do have a relatively recent history of European participation. I suppose it might depend if Poch gets worried about the thought of being down to his last £10 million. ;)

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

They probably do hold themselves in high regard, but the wake up call was Graham Potter getting the gig at Chelsea. From relative obscurity to Brighton and then a plum job at Chelsea and tenpin getting the gig at Man utd would have kicked him up the stones even more.
Personally I think we're a decent proposition for him, to re-establish himself. Ok we're not the so called elite, but we're not Leyton Orient either.
At the end of the day, it's all speculation but I think the time has come to make a statement and get our side playing some good stuff.
Maybe a bad result at Everton may just make their minds up.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:31 pm

They probably do hold themselves in high regard, but the wake up call was Graham Potter getting the gig at Chelsea. From relative obscurity to Brighton and then a plum job at Chelsea and tenpin getting the gig at Man utd would have kicked him up the stones even more.
Personally I think we're a decent proposition for him, to re-establish himself. Ok we're not the so called elite, but we're not Leyton Orient either.
At the end of the day, it's all speculation but I think the time has come to make a statement and get our side playing some good stuff.
Maybe a bad result at Everton may just make their minds up.
Well for reasons I've tried to explain elsewhere a defeat at Goodison is not just likely, as far as I'm concerned it's bloody well inevitable. The footballing gods don't piss about. ;)