What we're seeing now.

Chat about anything football related here!
eskimo joe

Re: What we're seeing now.

Post by eskimo joe »

palerider wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:01 am
eskimo joe wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:36 am

Pity he got the figures wrong.
Based on the figures suggested at the end of last season, Rice 150m, Bowen 80m, together with the 180m we spent, that's 410 million. The likes of Benny, Soucek, Antonio, Fornals, Zouma et al making up the other 90 I suppose it's close enough.

They just aren't playing like it in Moyes' my way or the highway system.
That's going on estimated value, most unreal, present value as bought is around 250 to 300 mil
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

palerider wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:20 am

That one sentence sums it up more appropriately than page upon page of rambling discussion could ever do.
Think the main point Joe is , that we and the world are being forced to watch David Moyes manage players like Rice - Soucek - Bowen - Fornals - Benrahma - Paqueta - Scamacca . And a couple of youngsters like Ashby and Longelo ( I know I have said it before but he was MotM in a Europa match last season and we haven't seen him since ) . Probably a couple of others like Alese now at Sunderland who I thought looked good preseason .
Last edited by Clayton on Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Clayton wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:36 am

Think the main point Joe is , that we and the world are being forced to watch David Moyes manage players like Rice - Bowen - Fornals - Benrahma - Paqueta - Scamacca . And a couple of youngsters like Ashby and Longelo ( I know I have said it before but he was MotM in a Europa match last season and we haven't seen him since ) . Probably a couple of others like Alese now at Sunderland who I thought looked good preseason .
Yes, I got his point and agree. Figures still wrong though😀

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

This spending loads of dosh mullarkey obviously isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. Us and Forest outspent pretty much the rest of the world and we’re both in the bottom 3. :lol:

Guess it shows there’s a difference between spending and spending well.
--THE ONE THING A LOSER WILL ALWAYS HAVE IS AN EXCUSE

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 1:23 pm This spending loads of dosh mullarkey obviously isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. Us and Forest outspent pretty much the rest of the world and we’re both in the bottom 3. :lol:

…and I think it would be foolish for anybody to believe otherwise.
Bring back Jonathon !

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

There is also another factor. That could also come under spending poorly if you buy for numbers and don't use their abilities.

Towie

Post by Towie »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 1:23 pm This spending loads of dosh mullarkey obviously isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. Us and Forest outspent pretty much the rest of the world and we’re both in the bottom 3. :lol:

Bit early to write off the new signings don’t you think?
Perhaps it is the way they are being told to play…
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Towie wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 1:52 pm

Haven’t written anyone off. I said it with tongue firmly in cheek. But I still find it a bit amusing given the usual knicker wetting when money isn’t being splashed around.
--THE ONE THING A LOSER WILL ALWAYS HAVE IS AN EXCUSE

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 3:14 pm
Towie wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 1:52 pm

Haven’t written anyone off. I said it with tongue firmly in cheek. But I still find it a bit amusing given the usual knicker wetting when money isn’t being splashed around.
Oi leave it out with KUMB expressions please .
Thank you :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Surely the question has to be asked is why did we spend so much dish this window?
And one simple answer is that from top to bottom bad management is to blame. Allowing 8 squad players to leave all at once, knowing that they needed to be replaced because of out of contract, retiring, bad buys and bad loan deals.
Yarmy and Frederick's both out of contract and went for nothing, they were never in Popeye's plans and the club knew they would be leaving why didn't we look at replacements at the end of last season get them in and both could of left with a modest fee, modest is better than nothing. Noble retiring the world and his mother knew and there should of been a replacement for him well before this window. We have been short of a real striker for a long time don't tell me there wasn't anyone available because everyone is available for a price. That money was included in this year's purchases when it should of been spent 18 months ago.
182 million spent the noshers shout when in fact if the recruiting team and board had any foresight at all half of it should of been spent well before this season. Pathetic excuses why they didn't, doesn't wash with me.
Simply down to a poor recruitment policy which has now resulted in a team that looks completely lost and disjointed.