Declan

Chat about anything football related here!
palerider

Declan

Post by palerider »

I wonder if Rice has had the temerity to tell the lemur he's fucking things up at every opportunity. I would hope so.

Whether the arse takes any notice though is another question.

OZHAMMER

Re: Declan

Post by OZHAMMER »

Has he signed a new contract yet?

palerider

Post by palerider »

OZHAMMER wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:34 am Has he signed a new contract yet?
Maybe he will when Moyes is fucked off.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

No way he will sign a new contract, so we can stop dreaming. As for him telling Moyes directly about his methods I doubt it,the nearest he might have come is stating we need to be on the front foot all the time. Not a Moyes strong point.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

eskimo joe wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:10 pm No way he will sign a new contract
That’s what I think as well.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

The man wants to win trophies which he will never do under this regime.
Make the most of seeing him in our colours this season it will be his last.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

A change in management for one who would be classed as elite - Pochettino - Mancini - Zidane to name a few would hopefully give Rice a reason for staying , really cannot see a manager of the likes of Wilder or Franks doing that .

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Clayton wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:08 pm A change in management for one who would be classed as elite - Pochettino - Mancini - Zidane to name a few would hopefully give Rice a reason for staying , really cannot see a manager of the likes of Wilder or Franks doing that .
Three elite names indeed. And, apart from Mancini all out of work currently. And Tuchel could be added to that list.

But elite managers are employed by elite clubs are they not ? That is the problem. If and when Moyes is replaced the club's wish list may include those names, although frankly I doubt it, but I'd be fairly certain that their own wish lists for their next job offer will not unclude the name of West Ham.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:24 pm
Clayton wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:08 pm A change in management for one who would be classed as elite - Pochettino - Mancini - Zidane to name a few would hopefully give Rice a reason for staying , really cannot see a manager of the likes of Wilder or Franks doing that .
Three elite names indeed. And, apart from Mancini all out of work currently. And Tuchel could be added to that list.

But elite managers are employed by elite clubs are they not ? That is the problem. If and when Moyes is replaced the club's wish list may include those names, although frankly I doubt it, but I'd be fairly certain that their own wish lists for their next job offer will not unclude the name of West Ham.
Maybe your right , but at the moment there are not enough elite clubs to go round , they are out of work after all apart from Mancini . Just maybe one of them would like to take on such a project as West Ham . I know it would be a long shot to snare one of them into taking the chance on us , especially with the current owners at the helm but you never no .

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Clayton wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:54 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:24 pm

Maybe your right , but at the moment there are not enough elite clubs to go round , they are out of work after all apart from Mancini . Just maybe one of them would like to take on such a project as West Ham . I know it would be a long shot to snare one of them into taking the chance on us , especially with the current owners at the helm but you never no .
I would love to be proved wrong. And you're right of course, they are out of work. But for the average Jow who loses his £100k p.a salary and has to worry about the mortgage and the other important things in life, the pressure is greater than a it is on a guy who has just received a huge pay off from a job not paying £100,000 a year but possibly even more than that a week.

Big difference in the incentive and necessity to get back into work I'm guessing.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?