Contract issues with players

Chat about anything football related here!
hd1

Re: Contract issues with players

Post by hd1 »

palerider wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:57 am
eskimo joe wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:52 am Question is, is Moyes now losing the dressing room?!
Not losing.

Already lost.
Sorry but that is nonsense. You only need to see the celebrations after the recent wins to know that's not true

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

dorsetdano wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:57 pm
andyginbrasil wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:18 pm Having just had to fork out 165 million quid out on players to replace those who had left the club mainly on a free because of contracts ending or retiring.
We had to bring in 8 players just to bring us up to a full squad allocation.
Now at the end of this present season we have, another 7 in our first team squad that are all in their last year of their contracts.

Flappy
Randolph
Dawson
Ogbonna
Cresswell
Coufal
Lanzini

As well as Ashby and Coventry from the youngsters.
There is also the chance that Rice will be off as well.

All will be in their 30's.

You would of thought that if the club were interested in offering new contracts to any of them they would of started by now. I expect Dawson and Randolph to leave definitely. Oggy and Cresswell will probably be offered 1 year extensions on their current contracts as I would expect Flappy as well, that would reduce the spending in the summer window That only leaves Coufal and Lanzini to be offered new contracts or sold in the January window to avoid them leaving on a free.

Whatever happens it looks like it's going to be another expensive Summer for the board with the only glimmer of hope that Rice is sold for a grossly inflated price.
Why would you give any of them long contracts, they're 37, 35, 32, 34, 32, 30 and 29! It wouldn't make any sense.
My point exactly....but as a cost saving exercise half of them will be re signed

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

hd1 wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 10:28 pm
Ibbyham wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:46 pm There are numbers of players that contract is running out from next year to 2024 and yet every players West Ham want to renew contract all being rejected.......in Johnson, Rice, Soucek, Ashby and possibly Coufal who he is 30 now and his contract runs out next summer although 2 years options could be triggered out.

This situation need to sort it out asap and the boards need to stop being tight-arsed. Moyes need to show ambitions as if no players want to stay, then it could be that the players are not happy with Moyes so there is only 1 answer for that.
Just because the club don't come out and say "Player X has or hasn't signed a contract" doesnt mean there arent negotiations going on.

Why create a hypothetical scenario and then blame Moyes for it?
Not sure if the board are trying to tie up contracts to some top players but so far no news yet
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

hd1 wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 10:30 pm
palerider wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:57 am

Not losing.

Already lost.
Sorry but that is nonsense. You only need to see the celebrations after the recent wins to know that's not true
But don't let the facts get in the way of a good rumour. There are patreon monies at stake my good man.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

hd1

Post by hd1 »

Ibbyham wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 11:17 pm Not sure if the board are trying to tie up contracts to some top players but so far no news yet
And my point was, we only ever hear about it when it's actually signed

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 11:30 pm

But don't let the facts get in the way of a good rumour. There are patreon monies at stake my good man.
Where is this story you allude to? Not all thoughts, right or wrong, originate from sites. They can merely start off as ones own opinions. And opinions can be right or wrong, and because someone says it's wrong doesn't make it so until proven otherwise. And vice versa.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

I hope your constant dig at patreon sites isn’t having a wee go at my friend the Gonz :)
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

eskimo joe wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:30 am

Where is this story you allude to? Not all thoughts, right or wrong, originate from sites. They can merely start off as ones own opinions. And opinions can be right or wrong, and because someone says it's wrong doesn't make it so until proven otherwise. And vice versa.
I'm not referring to a story. I was referring to the rumour, because it is only that, that Moyes has lost the dressing room. That is the sort of story that usually emanates from the click bait sites who have to think up ways to attract traffic and subscribers because that's how they make their money.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 6:43 am

I hope your constant dig at patreon sites isn’t having a wee go at my friend the Gonz :)
Not digging at them at all. FFS there's a 16 year old kid living near me who is making a small fortune running one such click bait site. I know exactly how much it's bringing in because his old man has asked me to give the kid some financial advice, so it certainly isn't something a committed capitalist like me would criticise.

But we all know they have to find ways to encourage subscribers to join up and also attract traffic, so it's not surprising that a lot of old bollocks originates from them is it ? If anyone deserves to be dug out it's the silly buggers who believe everything they read or see on You Tube.

And then state is as a "FACT" on forums such as this. :lol:

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:15 am
eskimo joe wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:30 am

I'm not referring to a story. I was referring to the rumour, because it is only that, that Moyes has lost the dressing room. That is the sort of story that usually emanates from the click bait sites who have to think up ways to attract traffic and subscribers because that's how they make their money.
Fair enough, but I heard no rumour, my opinion, and it was only an opinion based solely what my eyes saw at the time and not what happened weeks after, thought could it be possible.......... As I said not all posted is based on what one reads on click based sites made to earn a few Bob, never touch them,

Other sites are a source for food for thought, whether or not you choose to believe is just that, a choice, but no reason to discard without discussion, again a choice.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest