Mark Noble to take up Sporting Director role in January

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: Mark Noble to take up Sporting Director role in January

Post by Whiskyman »

garnett wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:48 am Morning, my initial post was worded in jest but I meant every word and its a great appointment, no one knows OUR club better, from kitchen staff security guards kitman Academy staff and set up to first team.
Anyone would answer a question from Mark and give an honest assessment, something is going wrong with OUR club and although we all have our theories I want him to get to the bottom of it and report it.
Our manager has no love for OUR club he is just trying to improve his pathetic CV and his stubbornness will be his downfall.
My only problem with Marks appointment is the timing, he should be at work TODAY not January.
Mark Noble is an exception in that he is a local lad and a West Ham supporter as a child. He therefore feels an affinity with the club.

But it is very naive of anybody to think that other employees of the business will have the same feelings. Why should they ? It is their job, not their hobby. And when they, or the club, decide it's time to go theri seperate ways they move on to their next gig. Every so often a player like Noble proves to be the exception. Gerrard at Liverpool and Adams at Arsenal are two who come to mind but they are a rarity almost to the point of being extinct.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Noni

Post by Noni »

Will he still be able to take a penalty kick!..... :lol:

Hope people get my joke!

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:57 am
garnett wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:48 am Morning, my initial post was worded in jest but I meant every word and its a great appointment, no one knows OUR club better, from kitchen staff security guards kitman Academy staff and set up to first team.
Anyone would answer a question from Mark and give an honest assessment, something is going wrong with OUR club and although we all have our theories I want him to get to the bottom of it and report it.
Our manager has no love for OUR club he is just trying to improve his pathetic CV and his stubbornness will be his downfall.
My only problem with Marks appointment is the timing, he should be at work TODAY not January.
Mark Noble is an exception in that he is a local lad and a West Ham supporter as a child. He therefore feels an affinity with the club.

But it is very naive of anybody to think that other employees of the business will have the same feelings. Why should they ? It is their job, not their hobby. And when they, or the club, decide it's time to go theri seperate ways they move on to their next gig. Every so often a player like Noble proves to be the exception. Gerrard at Liverpool and Adams at Arsenal are two who come to mind but they are a rarity almost to the point of being extinct.
Though Tony Adam's is a East End lad like Nobes.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:05 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:57 am

No he isn’t. He was born in Romford. But in any case my point was that he was a one club man.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:50 pm

No he isn’t. He was born in Romford. But in any case my point was that he was a one club man.
I lived in Romford for six months - where I learned to ball and chalk up the apples and pears...

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

BlackDiamond wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:54 pm

I lived in Romford for six months - where I learned to ball and chalk up the apples and pears...
Many years ago I went out with a woman from Harold Wood. Had to be careful there, almost said a lady. ;)

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Romford is a part of East London,though I know where you are coming from.. Some will say it is and some say it isn't.I know it was originally part of Essex,then someone decided it was a part of the East End.Funny one Whiskyman.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:01 pm
BlackDiamond wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:54 pm
Many years ago I went out with a woman from Harold Wood. Had to be careful there, almost said a lady. ;)
As long as the lady didn't resemble Harry Wood you were on safe terrain...

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:41 pm

Romford is a part of East London,though I know where you are coming from.. Some will say it is and some say it isn't.I know it was originally part of Essex,then someone decided it was a part of the East End.Funny one Whiskyman.
Romford part of East London ??? FFS do me a favour Terry, it's in fucking Essex. Takes nearly half an hour to get there on the train from Liverpool Street FFS.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 12:06 am
terrya1965 wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:41 pm

Romford part of East London ??? FFS do me a favour Terry, it's in fucking Essex. Takes nearly half an hour to get there on the train from Liverpool Street FFS.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Whiskyman,Don't have a go at me.That's what other people said including Wikipedia.I do agree with you.I always thought it was a part of Essex,and Whiskyman your never wrong either :lol: