OFFICIAL Wolves match thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Brookbonds73

Re: OFFICIAL Wolves match thread

Post by Brookbonds73 »

palerider wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:12 am Dull, drab 1-1 draw which unfortunately buys Moyes a bit more time when he should be out on his arse now.
Indeed he should my learned friend.
I'm going for a 1-0 victory and Marty to be awarded a five year contract extension.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:16 am
palerider wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:12 am Dull, drab 1-1 draw which unfortunately buys Moyes a bit more time when he should be out on his arse now.
I'm going for a 1-0 victory and Marty to be awarded a five year contract extension.
Pessimist!
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Ibbyham

Re: West Ham Vs Wolves OFFICIAL Match Thread

Post by Ibbyham »

Clayton wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:48 am
Ibbyham wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:21 pm Hope all our players come back unscathed from the boring international matches that are meaningless. We need to start picking up points and our next 3 games are at home against Wolves & Fulham and then away to Southampton. Our only injury is Aguerd and I hope Ben Johnson will be back by the time we played Wolves. Moyes need to change the players in our squad as our last match at Everton, we were absolutely toilet!

Squad

Fabianski

Coufal/Johnson/Ashby bu
Zouma
Kehrer
Cresswell

Rice
Downes

Bowen
Paqueta
Cornets/Benrahma

Antonio/Scamacca

We need to perfoam better and no boring slow start. Wolves are tough to beat especially their defence are very strong. We are 2 points from safety and we don't want to end up what AFC Wimlbedon did last season and so far this season as they are playing crap

COYI!!!! whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest
Frankly my dear , I have as much confidence in that selection/formation getting a decent result ( doubt even with the fifteen we would :lol: ) , as I have in Riceascaptain's or Moyes's :( .
I am not 100% confidence this weekend but hope the new players will start cracking and hope the ref and VAR will not destroyed us.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:16 am
The noshers on KUMB would demand no less my good fellow. Perhaps a statue too.

dagenhamdave

Post by dagenhamdave »

Anyone betting on Costa scoring? :?

JayK

Post by JayK »

dagenhamdave wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:30 am Anyone betting on Costa scoring? :?
And a red 😆
COYI!!!

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:55 am At the moment no network rail due to strike action on the day of the game.
London Underground will run as normal.

2-1 Us.
Fuck it why not..

Mr Positive DP is rubbing off on me...i'm going..

18-0 to us Creswell with a trio of free kicks and declan finds his shooting boots and scores 15.

(cant find the odds on this anywhere weirdly).

BTW is the official match thread? & if so has ibbs been put on gardening leave after an awful run of results (or does he have until xmas?)

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

It's interesting to draw the parallels with David Moyes and Gareth Southgate.

Both stubbornly cling to using out of form favourites, both indecisive and ponderous to react to adversities and both continue to use systems that fail to utilise the best of their available materials.

This has resulted in Southgate being relegated and Moyes residing in the bottom three.

Both to their credit are decent men but both fall several layers below elite football coaches. We might view them as stylistically stunted by the fear of ridicule. They lack the strength to dream.

However the solutions and their redemptions, sit perfectly right under their own noses. No need to go searching it's right there. Available right now.

For Gareth Southgate it's easy - he has the better players. Swap the possession surrendering Raheem Sterling for Bakary Sako and use Harry Kane as a No. 10 and promote the inform Ivan Toney as the No.9.

Then we end up with a front three of Grealish,Toney,Saka
and a very strong midfield of Bellingham,Rice,Kane
We might also restore Trent-Alexander for his laser guided deep assist potential.

While David Moyes would improve matters significantly, by simply dropping the out of form Bowen,Soucek,Coufal.

That would involve shuffling Thilo Kehrer from his West Ham CB position to his German RB position. Promoting Flynn Downes adjacent to Declan Rice and dropping Lucas Paquetá into a deeper starting position affording more space to launch his creative prompts.
Max Cornet would start in the vacated Bowen position.

That only took 10 mins and would improve West Ham and the National team.

So why don't they do it - after all they are both decent men...

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

BlackDiamond wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:08 pm It's interesting to draw the parallels with David Moyes and Gareth Southgate.

Both stubbornly cling to using out of form favourites, both indecisive and ponderous to react to adversities and both continue to use systems that fail to utilise the best of their available materials.

This has resulted in Southgate being relegated and Moyes residing in the bottom three.

Both to their credit are decent men but both fall several layers below elite football coaches. We might view them as stylistically stunted by the fear of ridicule. They lack the strength to dream.

However the solutions and their redemptions, sit perfectly right under their own noses. No need to go searching it's right there. Available right now.

For Gareth Southgate it's easy - he has the better players. Swap the possession surrendering Raheem Sterling for Bakary Sako and use Harry Kane as a No. 10 and promote the inform Ivan Toney as the No.9.

Then we end up with a front three of Grealish,Toney,Saka
and a very strong midfield of Bellingham,Rice,Kane
We might also restore Trent-Alexander for his laser guided deep assist potential.

While David Moyes would improve matters significantly, by simply dropping the out of form Bowen,Soucek,Coufal.

That would involve shuffling Thilo Kehrer from his West Ham CB position to his German RB position. Promoting Flynn Downes adjacent to Declan Rice and dropping Lucas Paquetá into a deeper starting position affording more space to launch his creative prompts.
Max Cornet would start in the vacated Bowen position.

That only took 10 mins and would improve West Ham and the National team.

So why don't they do it - after all they are both decent men...
Why indeed ? Perhaps it's because, as you say, they are both well below the level of elite coaches and are scared to deviate from the tried and trusted in case it fails and they are ridiculed.

But isn't the main problem who to replace them with. West Ham are not an elite club which would appeal to an elite coach at the peak of his powers. So we shop at Poundland and not Harrods. And as for England, well, there is such a shortage of talented English coaches we have in the past had to resort to bringing in supposedly top level candidates from Sweden and Italy. Imo a total embarrassment for the country that invented the fucking game. Let's be honest if international sport is to have any relevance whatsoever then surely the head honcho should share nationality with the bloody blokes he is coaching. Otherwise what's the point ?
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Right, it has to be this:

Areola
Kehrer,Dawson,Zouma,Emerson
Downes,Rice
Paquetta
Cornet,Scamacca,Benrahma

If DM selects this lineup...I'll take a fucking knee !