OFFICIAL Wolves match thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: OFFICIAL Wolves match thread

Post by Whiskyman »

eskimo joe wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:29 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:52 pm

Slipping into "When I was a lad " mode it's much harder (financially) now for kids to go then when I first started going. That's the big difference. It's not just the actual ticket but you also have to factor in the cost of travel. A return ticket from where I live to Stratford is only £16 but obviously anyone with further to travel pays more.

No idea how much a ST is these days because I don't go any more but my Sky TV package and broadband, following a re negotiation with Virgin Media, costs me £61.50 a month . Of course to watch non Sky/BT West Ham matches I have to use the Firestick method but of course my £61.50 also gets me any game chosen by the broadcaster if I want to watch it. Not to mention live Serie A, Bundesliga and Ligue 1 matches if I want them (which I don't) and a weekly roundup of those leagues (which I do watch). All in all good VFM as far as I'm concerned.

Wouldn't think the all seating stadiums are a good experience for anyone wanting to take young kids to watch as from what I've seen on the box most fuckers are standing up in the seats which I guess means if there are kids behind them they'll be able to see fuck all. I still go to the occasional special game with my boys and their kids but the PL is all viewed from my armchair these days I'm afraid.

In fact, fuck it, I'm not afraid of that fact at all. ;)
A proper supporter ( an away fan) :D
One thing back in the day Joe, particularly during the late 70s, early 80s were the numbers of youngsters who thumbed it to away fixtures. I almost always drove with a mate or two to away games and if we stopped at any of the M-way service areas there were usually a group of kids blagging lifts to wherever the game was. Must admit as a parent O'd have been crapping myself if I thought my teenage sons were thumbing lifts with fuck knows who for a close on 400 mile round trip in some cases.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

tassiehammer wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:57 am Nice sunday morning golfing, grandkids birthday party then the game. Good to see Bowen's got his spark back and him and Scammaca could go on to be a very decent partnership. Cornet deserves any red card coming, blatant cheating. All the lads copping stick? Scammy with the "What you say?" After his goal, Bowen with the ' Look at my name' after his and Kehrer, geeing the crowd up or having a pop at the end? And Wolves, no English players?
Where do you tee off from?

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

normannomates wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 12:59 am
tassiehammer wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:57 am Nice sunday morning golfing, grandkids birthday party then the game. Good to see Bowen's got his spark back and him and Scammaca could go on to be a very decent partnership. Cornet deserves any red card coming, blatant cheating. All the lads copping stick? Scammy with the "What you say?" After his goal, Bowen with the ' Look at my name' after his and Kehrer, geeing the crowd up or having a pop at the end? And Wolves, no English players?
Normally from the first tee markers. :)
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

tassiehammer wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 8:56 am
normannomates wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 12:59 am
So that would be the red markers or better known as the ladies, :lol: :lol:

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

andyginbrasil wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 12:49 pm
tassiehammer wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 8:56 am

So that would be the red markers or better known as the ladies, :lol: :lol:
Still doesn't give me much of an advantage andy :)
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............