OFFICIAL Wolves match thread

Chat about anything football related here!
JayK

Re: OFFICIAL Wolves match thread

Post by JayK »

BlackDiamond wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:16 pm Right, it has to be this:

Areola
Kehrer,Dawson,Zouma,Emerson
Downes,Rice
Paquetta
Cornet,Scamacca,Benrahma

If DM selects this lineup...I'll take a fucking knee !
I don’t think you’ll be needing knee pads any time soon BD
COYI!!!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

JayK wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:54 pm

Areola
Downes,Rice
Paquetta
Cornet,Scamacca,Benrahma

Like the positive intent. But with Cornet and Benrahma as the wide strikers even Wolves would find it hard not to score. ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:53 pm
JayK wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:54 pm

Like the positive intent. But with Cornet and Benrahma as the wide strikers even Wolves would find it hard not to score. ;)
They won't get past 'The Rock' Dawson or 'Scuffer' Zoomer without a VIP pass...

I've just listened to DM flapping his gums and can tell some people are going to be in for quite a surprise saturday - probably not me...

palerider

Post by palerider »

BlackDiamond wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:08 am

I've just listened to DM flapping his gums and can tell some people are going to be in for quite a surprise saturday - probably not me...
The only surprise for most will be that the Scotch arse will still be in a job after it. But for suffering Hammers fans less so.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

With the 2 lowest scoring (I think) teams in the PL, possibly even the entire bloody country I confidently predict a gripping 0-0. Some games are described as being end to end. This one I see maybe being more side to side.

I hear a train strike is planned which will, presumably, spare many from the ordeal of having to watch it. ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Areola
Downes,Rice
Paquetta
Cornet,Scamacca,Benrahma

If Moyes selects that lineup , which he possibly could now that Dawson is back in contention and drops Downes into the midfield I really cannot see a change of fortune for us . Will Moyes change the tactics :? , which has been worked out by all and sundry , doubt it very much .
You'll be taking the knee alright , you'll be under the executioners axe , I really do hope I am wrong and it all goes well after all its 11 v 11 and anything can happen in football ( Forest beat us ) .
Wolves are no great shakes at the moment ( having a few 1st team starters out injured ) , being just above us with 1 win and 3 draws and have only scored the three goals in seven matches same as us . whufc_crest

JayK

Post by JayK »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:25 am

With the 2 lowest scoring (I think) teams in the PL, possibly even the entire bloody country I confidently predict a gripping 0-0. Some games are described as being end to end. This one I see maybe being more side to side.

I hear a train strike is planned which will, presumably, spare many from the ordeal of having to watch it. ;)
I was edging towards this prediction, but we’re quite good at letting them in
COYI!!!

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Itching to see the tactics Moyes will implement

Soak up pressure nick a goal shut up shop
Go a goal behind finally liven up huff and puff to no avail.

Still going for a 2-1 win though
;)

JayK

Post by JayK »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:55 am Itching to see the tactics Moyes will implement

Soak up pressure nick a goal shut up shop
Go a goal behind finally liven up huff and puff to no avail.

Still going for a 2-1 win though
;)
You could be a prem manager 😆
COYI!!!

palerider

Post by palerider »

Clayton wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:40 am

Areola
Downes,Rice
Paquetta
Cornet,Scamacca,Benrahma

If Moyes selects that lineup , which he possibly could now that Dawson is back in contention and drops Downes into the midfield I really cannot see a change of fortune for us . Will Moyes change the tactics :? , which has been worked out by all and sundry , doubt it very much .
You'll be taking the knee alright , you'll be under the executioners axe , I really do hope I am wrong and it all goes well after all its 11 v 11 and anything can happen in football ( Forest beat us ) .
Wolves are no great shakes at the moment ( having a few 1st team starters out injured ) , being just above us with 1 win and 3 draws and have only scored the three goals in seven matches same as us . whufc_crest
When I worked at Shell, in accounts, a new-fangled technique called computerisation came in. I was young and and learned some basic programming skills resulting in getting a promotion to become part of the 'computer liason team', a wonderful title that paid me more money, a few expenses included trips to the Hague and a blind eye to my regular habit of not being seen at work on Friday afternoons as I resided in the pubs of Waterloo.

There was an old bloke called Jock Campbell in accounts when I first joined. He couldn't get the hang of computing and carried on, for a while, his plodding method of pen and ink until eventually Shell realised he was costing them money and offered him early retirement which he accepted.

The above is all perfectly true and the moral of the story is if you can't adapt, can only work in the one way you've worked for over twenty years....and in Jock's case you're also Scottish........

You're history.