Well now David.

Chat about anything football related here!

Re: Well now David.

Post by 9898 »

9898 wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 5:06 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:54 pm

Oh, I've been wrong loads of times. One thing I will say though is that I would never say anything on a forum that I wouldn't say to someone's face. But some people seem to confuse others having a different opinion to them with some sort of personal attack. Imo that's their fucking problem.
It's ok for you. You can say what you want to anyones face as no normal bloke would hit a very, very old man like you. no one would hit a great grandad through fear of the consequences.
Everyone would hit a young, handsome, virile bloke like me who has no 'old man get out of jail' card like you, so I stay quiet in real life.
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Ah a new entrant enters the fray …..like it Centurion, like it …
Bring back Jonathon !

Newmarket

Re: A genuine question for Moyes backers

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:46 pm
ToneLoc wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:08 pm The way I see it there’ll be one of 2 outcomes.
1. Survival under Moyes
2. Relegation under Moyes (Imo, Sullivan will not/cannot replace Moyes before the summer)

My preference is outcome 1.

But, I firmly believe that if (hopefully when) Sulli sells up that new owners / major shareholders will replace Moyes and Co as they will be looking for a fresh start.

So, I’m ok Moyes staying BUT only IF we survive AND there’s a change in the summer.

Any other combo…. the get fucked !!
Idle curiosity. Why do you think the dwarf can't or won't replace Moyes until the summer.? Surely if he has his doubts it is better to act sooner than later. Of course we are talking about the dwarf so I guess normal thought processes don't apply.
I reckon Tone is looking at it in the way I’m looking at it .

That we are too far along to fuck Moyes off now , about 8 weeks too far along .
Sullivan had his chance , blew it and now we as a fan base will have to pick up the pieces in the summer .

I bet what Sullivan IS regretting though is creating this new role for Noble , the job description of which I doubt even he knows .
The get out in the summer , regardless of which division we are in , might have been to move Moyes ‘upstairs’ and get a head coach in .
Fresh start but within the alleged new structure Moyes was so keen to set up behind the scenes.
Bring back Jonathon !

palerider

Post by palerider »

Newmarket wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 5:37 pm Ah a new entrant enters the fray …..like it Centurion, like it …
The more the merrier I say.

This is more entertaining than watching West Ham.

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Newmarket wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 5:37 pm Ah a new entrant enters the fray …..like it Centurion, like it …
Fuck me VAR intervention....... Whisky's fucked

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

ToneLoc wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:08 pm The way I see it there’ll be one of 2 outcomes.
1. Survival under Moyes
2. Relegation under Moyes (Imo, Sullivan will not/cannot replace Moyes before the summer)

My preference is outcome 1.

But, I firmly believe that if (hopefully when) Sulli sells up that new owners / major shareholders will replace Moyes and Co as they will be looking for a fresh start.

So, I’m ok Moyes staying BUT only IF we survive AND there’s a change in the summer.

Any other combo…. the get fucked !!
Idle curiosity. Why do you think the dwarf can't or won't replace Moyes until the summer.? Surely if he has his doubts it is better to act sooner than later. Of course we are talking about the dwarf so I guess normal thought processes don't apply.
Pretty much as Tim stated Whisk and as per your last sentence.
I’m still thinking back to the Avram Grant season 😫
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

palerider

Post by palerider »

I gave them their chance. Silence is speaking volumes.

Under no circumstances can Sullivan keep him on after the season ends. I actually think if we lose on Saturday his position is untenable but would the dwarf have made contingency plans ? Maybe. Maybe not, but relegation can't be on his agenda and he may think Dyche or Hassenhuttl could just do enough to pull us clear.

But if as you both say he won't have done that and he gets lucky the vast majority of the fan base won't put up with the prospect of same old same old next season. It has got to be the most turgid dross I've witnessed in my many years of following the Hammers.

I've seen four relegations or it may be five. I can't remember. And the sun still rose the next day. Unless it was pissing down. And while this time it would hurt the most financially because of the ludicrous amounts of money flying around in the PL, a fresh start in the Championship with a manager with an alternative plan than retreating from the off would actually, I reckon, make old farts like me and BB more inclined to venture onto the fantastic transport links. And going down, as perverse as it sounds would, in a cutting off your nose to spite your face kind of way, serve the stunted fucker right and at least give me a chuckle about it.

I said the same of BFS in his last season. If Moyes sent out a West Ham team to play in my back garden I'd close the curtains.

Towie

Post by Towie »

palerider wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:06 pm
The more the merrier I say.

This is more entertaining than watching West Ham.
Wouldn’t take much.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

ToneLoc wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:14 pm

Pretty much as Tim stated Whisk and as per your last sentence.
I’m still thinking back to the Avram Grant season 😫
We did try to replace him with Martin O’Neill halfway through didn’t we ? But we were turned down. Can’t think why. :lol:
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

andyginbrasil wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:07 pm
Fuck me VAR intervention....... Whisky's fucked
Not really Andy. Just like the real var, nobody wants it or likes it. :D WM's safe.
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............