Well now David.

Chat about anything football related here!

Re: So, first real season for 3 years next season, how we going to do?

Post by 9898 »

9898 wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 6:40 pm Interesting times for Moyes.
Who disagrees now?
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

Re: David Moyes Managerial Ability

Post by 9898 »

9898 wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 4:08 pm ......to suck the joy out of 90 minutes is unparalleled.
Massive, massive shock incoming next season.
First to the party again.
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

Towie

Post by Towie »

9898 wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:28 am
9898 wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 4:08 pm ......to suck the joy out of 90 minutes is unparalleled.
Massive, massive shock incoming next season.
First to the party again.
Wrong again Numbnuts.
Nope, many of us have moaned about his negative tactics.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

palerider

Post by palerider »

You don't last this long as a manager by being clueless but nearly all of the 'class of the early 90's', when he began, are either retired or scrimping a crust in the lower leagues or abroad with tin-pot clubs.

He's totally blinkered. Always had his 'my way or the highway' attitude. When it works then fine, when it doesn't, won't, or more worryingly, doesn't know how to change it. At least not without the use of players way beyond stumpy's price range.

He has his favourites and will stick blindly to them. Something he did at United as well, even when they were crying out to be axed, and he's bloody awful with his use of substitutes.

His ability to generate admirable team spirit has also now been severely tested and he's started churning out bizarre statements and sly accusations like he did at Sunderland.

In short, he's been found out as the more cerebral coaches in today's most demanding league in the world see through his plans. The famous scene from Blackadder springs to mind.

'How can you possibly know that Blackadder ? It's classified information'

'Because it's exactly the same one you've used for the last 16 times'.

And now, with us the only team without a point, it's time for him to be shown the door. Should the board fail in their duty a season like the relegation one at the Stadium of Light awaits. It already has that feel about it.

It's no country for old jocks.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

palerider wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:23 am You don't last this long as a manager by being clueless but nearly all of the 'class of the early 90's', when he began, are either retired or scrimping a crust in the lower leagues or abroad with tin-pot clubs.

He's totally blinkered. Always had his 'my way or the highway' attitude. When it works then fine, when it doesn't, won't, or more worryingly, doesn't know how to change it. At least not without the use of players way beyond stumpy's price range.

He has his favourites and will stick blindly to them. Something he did at United as well, even when they were crying out to be axed, and he's bloody awful with his use of substitutes.

His ability to generate admirable team spirit has also now been severely tested and he's started churning out bizarre statements and sly accusations like he did at Sunderland.

In short, he's been found out as the more cerebral coaches in today's most demanding league in the world see through his plans. The famous scene from Blackadder springs to mind.

And now, with us the only team without a point, it's time for him to be shown the door. Should the board fail in their duty a season like the relegation one at the Stadium of Light awaits. It already has that feel about it.

I don't even think he could change things even with players out of Stumpy's price range. He will continue in the same way until he is proven right and maybe beyond. Well there won't be a beyond, not even a proven right.

The thing is also that I believe many of us wouldn't, on a normal day, be too worried as much with zero points after the first 3 games, but it seems to have become the trend that doesn't seem as if it will end. And more worrying for the fact that Moyes looks in the wrong places for a solution.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

eskimo joe wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:51 am
palerider wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:23 am You don't last this long as a manager by being clueless but nearly all of the 'class of the early 90's', when he began, are either retired or scrimping a crust in the lower leagues or abroad with tin-pot clubs.

I don't even think he could change things even with players out of Stumpy's price range. He will continue in the same way until he is proven right and maybe beyond. Well there won't be a beyond, not even a proven right.

The thing is also that I believe many of us wouldn't, on a normal day, be too worried as much with zero points after the first 3 games, but it seems to have become the trend that doesn't seem as if it will end. And more worrying for the fact that Moyes looks in the wrong places for a solution.
I agree Joe.

He still believes that playing the same way will be all fine in the end.He doesn't seem to except that his tactics have been found out,but still wants to continue with them.Thats why they need to sack him.

JayK

Post by JayK »

terrya1965 wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:59 am
eskimo joe wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:51 am

I agree Joe.

He still believes that playing the same way will be all fine in the end.He doesn't seem to except that his tactics have been found out,but still wants to continue with them.Thats why they need to sack him.
……and continues to play the same out of form players I.E Soucek and Antonio
COYI!!!

palerider

Post by palerider »

JayK wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:40 am
terrya1965 wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:59 am

I agree Joe.

Micky wasn't that bad against the uphill ski-ers but Soucek was dire.

JayK

Post by JayK »

palerider wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:40 am
JayK wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:40 am

I don’t think he was outstanding either though.

What I don’t understand is how we’ve decided to stop the high intensity pressing which helped us get to those European places the last 2 years. It’s like we beat Liverpool and Chelsea last year and decided we don’t need to do that anymore. Clearly it works as Leeds proved against Chelsea at the weekend
COYI!!!

Towie

Post by Towie »

JayK wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:47 am
palerider wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:40 am

I don’t think he was outstanding either though.

What I don’t understand is how we’ve decided to stop the high intensity pressing which helped us get to those European places the last 2 years. It’s like we beat Liverpool and Chelsea last year and decided we don’t need to do that anymore. Clearly it works as Leeds proved against Chelsea at the weekend
Because the players are not running for him anymore.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.