Well now David.

Chat about anything football related here!

Re: It beggars belief!!

Post by 9898 »

terrya1965 wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 1:07 pm
9898 wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 10:28 am

My feelings about Moyes are irrelevant to my post.
As is clear when interpreted correctly, I'm asking why supporters feel they deserve better than a Moyes type manager? What in our recent history shows we deserve better?
What many will see is West Ham supporters now have an incredible sense of entitlement and delusion.
£150 million plus spent but owner not good enough = entitlement.
Soucek was world class 18 moths ago = delusion.
Aguerd was world class = delusion as anyone with any football IQ can see he's not even Pl class.
Moyes was the best West Ham manger eve (according to some) 18 months ago but now not good enough = entitlement.
Personally,I have never felt that way about us.

I felt that Moyes was doing a good job,but I never ever thought he would take us to another level.Not him or our beloved chairman.

Like many,I'd be happy to win a trophy at any time of following West Ham.Ive been waiting 43 years simce the last one.I think many would take that.We don't expect the League title or the Champions League,but any other trophy and we'd be happy has a pig in sh*t.
Whoa there cowboy.
I remember a certain Terence stating that Moyes was, at worst, the second best West Ham manger he's seeen and the football was some of the best ever. No revisionist behaviour when I'm about
I cringe at this "win a trophy and I'll be happy' rubbish spouted by West Hma supporters. Let's get it right, the Europa league is pointless and means nothing so this pile of shit sdee in is beyond pointless and extremely embarrassing. I cringe when I hear West Ham supporters big it up.

As for you being happy, you wee happier than the proverbial pig in shit 18 months ago watching Moyes, Soucek and Co.
I am the only constant who told everyone facts - higher finishes meant nothing because of covid, football was always appalling under Moyes, Soucek has always been shit, etc - so please don't pretend you never LOVED Moyes 18 months ago and was one of those spouting that we had koves up a level and wee competition to Spurs, Chelsea etc.
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

Towie

Post by Towie »

Numbnuts, you don’t have the exclusivity of never wanting Moyes, many on here including myself never wanted him.

Even when he was getting the results I was critical of the sit back style of play.

Yes, £180m spent can’t knock owners for that, except they give it to the wrong man. Ffs the fella bought Fellaini twice!

As for Soucek, he could be that player again under a different manager. Players go backwards under this twat.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

9898 wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 11:07 pm

I felt that Moyes was doing a good job,but I never ever thought he would take us to another level.Not him or our beloved chairman.

Like many,I'd be happy to win a trophy at any time of following West Ham.Ive been waiting 43 years simce the last one.I think many would take that.We don't expect the League title or the Champions League,but any other trophy and we'd be happy has a pig in sh*t.
Whoa there cowboy.
I remember a certain Terence stating that Moyes was, at worst, the second best West Ham manger he's seeen and the football was some of the best ever. No revisionist behaviour when I'm about
I cringe at this "win a trophy and I'll be happy' rubbish spouted by West Hma supporters. Let's get it right, the Europa league is pointless and means nothing so this pile of shit sdee in is beyond pointless and extremely embarrassing. I cringe when I hear West Ham supporters big it up.

As for you being happy, you wee happier than the proverbial pig in shit 18 months ago watching Moyes, Soucek and Co.
I am the only constant who told everyone facts - higher finishes meant nothing because of covid, football was always appalling under Moyes, Soucek has always been shit, etc - so please don't pretend you never LOVED Moyes 18 months ago and was one of those spouting that we had koves up a level and wee competition to Spurs, Chelsea etc.
Hold your horse's there cowboy , don't think your the only constant on here .

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

Clayton wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 12:31 am

Whoa there cowboy.

Hold your horse's there cowboy , don't think your the only constant on here .
I like it when Rachel Riley picks up a constant. Oops, sorry, not enough letters :D :D
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whoa there cowboy.

He was doing a decent job,but the last 15 months,especially this season has been dogshite.It's not the just the form,but the negative way we play.

I know you never really liked Moyes or some of the players even when we were doing well,You can give yourself a pat on the back for that.That's what you wanted to hear,didn't you? :roll: Have a tug of your knob while you are there. :lol:

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:52 am

Whoa there cowboy.

He was doing a decent job,but the last 15 months,especially this season has been dogshite.It's not the just the form,but the negative way we play.
We haven't changed the way we've played at all since the day he arrived. OK we lost Lingard who had a key role when we were in our good "Moyes period" but essentially our tactics are the same. But of course other teams have now well and truly sussed those tactics out and we seem to lack the tactical nous to devise alternative strategies. Plans B,C and D are needed and they need to be different enough to change the pattern of a game. A bit more than switching between a back 4 and a bacck 3.

My point really being that we haven't suddenly become ultra negative just that our style of play is predictable and inflexible which makes it easy to set up against because the opposition coaches know exactly how we will play.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

terrya1965 wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:52 am

Whoa there cowboy.

I know you never really liked Moyes or some of the players even when we were doing well,You can give yourself a pat on the back for that.That's what you wanted to hear,didn't you? :roll: Have a tug of your knob while you are there. :lol:
Negative way we play ? Tell me what has changed Tel from when the world was in turmoil and Moyes was our saviour.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

I know a lot of you weren't happy with the style from start.It did work and I think everyone was so tuned in to.it.Once it got found out,the players realised it,but pity Moyes didn't. :lol:

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 3:57 pm I know a lot of you weren't happy with the style from start.It did work and I think everyone was so tuned in to.it.Once it got found out,the players realised it,but pity Moyes didn't. :lol:
We don’t know the players realised it at all do we? In fact I think it’s time a lot of people stopped giving the players a free pass. I agree that some of our performances are down to team selection and tactics but a great many of our failings are down to individual players not performing to the required standard.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 8:21 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 3:57 pm I know a lot of you weren't happy with the style from start.It did work and I think everyone was so tuned in to.it.Once it got found out,the players realised it,but pity Moyes didn't. :lol:
We don’t know the players realised it at all do we? In fact I think it’s time a lot of people stopped giving the players a free pass. I agree that some of our performances are down to team selection and tactics but a great many of our failings are down to individual players not performing to the required standard.
True, but you could argue that their poor performances was a lack of desire. So in a sense it would put both sides at fault with the chance of a cure on one side and reaction to it on the other.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest