Well now David.

Chat about anything football related here!
normannomates

Re: Moyes here next season or not ?

Post by normannomates »

IF we manage to win this cup final, full credit all to all.
but it will guarantee Moyes for next season , if it isnt already decided?.
if he is still here, we all know moyes will be gone by november ...and another typical WHU season

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 1:12 am I honestly wish I could go back in time to show some people what I witnessed with this cunt when he was manager of Everton. You'd be amazed how this wage thieving cunt has managed to steal a very lucrative living in football on the back of continual failure. The difference between him in the early 2000's right up to now is practically nothing. Same style, same tactics and invariably the same fucking outcomes.
Most of the dinosaur brigade of manager from those days have thankfully been weeded out, but not him, he clings to football management like a limpit and luckily enough for him he has an equally contemptible boss who is only too willing to employ him.
The sight of him hopping around like a rabid kangaroo after our semi final win made me want to scoop my own eyeballs out with a spoon!
If it were left to me I'd sack the cunt immediately after the whistle blows at Leicester on Sunday followed by a large boot up his arse.
If it wasn't for the fans that have had to endure this cunts turgid garbage for the last 18 months I'd say fuck the cup as well. But for them and the thousands who have never seen us win a trophy I sincerely hope we do beat the Italians. Not for him or the people that employ him, just for the fans.
They're the people that truly deserve it.
talking of the away support, how come a large portion of it is from bods that are jonny come latelys ????

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

where were these bods when we were in division 2?..no doubt most of the official whu contingent in the stadium will be cunts with money....where were these cunts at blackpool away on a weds night ?

palerider

Post by palerider »

So, accounting for Tim's senior moment, it's 74% want him gone regardless.

Fucking good at maths me.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 1:12 am I honestly wish I could go back in time to show some people what I witnessed with this cunt when he was manager of Everton. You'd be amazed how this wage thieving cunt has managed to steal a very lucrative living in football on the back of continual failure. The difference between him in the early 2000's right up to now is practically nothing. Same style, same tactics and invariably the same fucking outcomes.
I've made my feelings about Moyes known many times so I won't go over them all again but "continual failure" ? On the basis that he's never actually won anything, apart from a promtion with Preston I think, it';s probably a valid comment. However if we are saying that to avoid being classed as a "failure" there needs to be a trophy somewhere doesn't it mean that there are literally hundreds of football managers, some no doubt highly rated, who are failures.

I'm happy to give Moyes creduit for his work at West Ham in his first stint and for the first 18 months or so of his second spell. I would regard that period as successful, in fact by our own mundane standarrds spectacularly so. The failure has followed on with his inability to realise the system has been sussed out, or if he has realised it, his inability to update it.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

FlatCapDave

Post by FlatCapDave »

Here's a question.

If a manager who has accomplished league finishes of 6th and 7th and reached a European semi-final and a final and maybe even won a European trophy is considered a "failure," what exactly do fans of West Ham consider success?

I have a feeling if a younger manager who dressed more like an Italian football journalist and had a bit of a tan accomplished the above we'd all be proclaiming him among the greatest we've ever seen at the club. But because it's a grumpy Scotsman with no eyebrows and a penchant for 90's style British manager fashion we refuse to acknowledge that he's actually done a very good job.

Meanwhile, the likes of Leeds, Chelsea, Southampton, and Leicester are all attractively playing themselves into oblivion under managers who are deemed to be streets ahead of our fella.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

FlatCapDave wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 11:38 am Here's a question.

If a manager who has accomplished league finishes of 6th and 7th and reached a European semi-final and a final and maybe even won a European trophy is considered a "failure," what exactly do fans of West Ham consider success?

I have a feeling if a younger manager who dressed more like an Italian football journalist and had a bit of a tan accomplished the above we'd all be proclaiming him among the greatest we've ever seen at the club. But because it's a grumpy Scotsman with no eyebrows and a penchant for 90's style British manager fashion we refuse to acknowledge that he's actually done a very good job.

Meanwhile, the likes of Leeds, Chelsea, Southampton, and Leicester are all attractively playing themselves into oblivion under managers who are deemed to be streets ahead of our fella.
Failure ? , not sure any have said that , though many including myself have more then likely said overrated , dull , uninspiring , and stuck in his own bubble , because winning is something he definitely doesn't do . But would go along with Whisky and give Moyes credit for his work at West Ham in his first stint and for the first 18 months or so of his second spell . I was old enough to remember when he had the job at Everton , nothing has changed because he can't , I have never rated him , comes across as someone full of his own self importance in my eyes . Just be thankful their are a number of teams worse then us this season .

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

FlatCapDave wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 11:38 am Here's a question.

I think it's partly a generational thing. There are some of my generation who have a very dewy eyed nostalgic view of the mythical "West Ham way", a style of football so compelling that virtually the whole world had West Ham as their "second club".

But if we are totally honest we can also remember hearing cries of "Greenwood out" during games when things weren't going to plan in the early 70s, which is when I started going to games. We didn't always get captivating games of football, we often watched utter shit. Just have we have done over the years, and a few managers, since, FFS we had 3 world cup winners in the side in the 60s, plus a fourth, Peter Brabrook, good enough to have been in Ramsey's first list of 40. Before my time but how fucking crap must the rest of the team been for the club to be unable to challenge at the top end of the table ?

I haven't been to any home games since the Dildo Twins bought the club but even back when I did go I got the feeling it was generally my generation who were the most vociferous about playing style and managerial change. The younger fans priority was to see a winning team. We would all like to see West Ham play like Manchester City but that's not going to happen. And speaking personally I'd rather see a scrappy 1-0 win than games like the one against Wimbledon at UP in the Redknapp era where we managed to turn a 3-0 lead after 30 muinutes into a 3-4 defeat. The problem comes of course when the scrappy 1-0 win we've been hoping for turns out as a scrappy 1-0 defeat.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

FlatCapDave

Post by FlatCapDave »

Clayton wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 1:27 pm Failure ? , not sure any have said that , though many including myself have more then likely said overrated , dull , uninspiring , and stuck in his own bubble , because winning is something he definitely doesn't do . But would go along with Whisky and give Moyes credit for his work at West Ham in his first stint and for the first 18 months or so of his second spell . I was old enough to remember when he had the job at Everton , nothing has changed because he can't , I have never rated him , comes across as someone full of his own self importance in my eyes . Just be thankful their are a number of teams worse then us this season .
See, I don't think he's overrated at all. In fact, I'd say he was underrated if anything. Once again, it could be because he's not an exotic foreigner, because if any other manager had gotten West Ham United to 6th and 7th in a league that includes Manchester City, Manchester United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal, and Newcastle they'd be considered a success. Throw in a European semi-final and a European final/potential European trophy? I don't think we'll see those kinds of successes again once he's gone. Not for a very long time.

I am also old enough to remember when he had the Everton job, and you're correct. Nothing has changed. He done the same there as he's doing here. He took Everton to the heady heights of 4th in the league, and counts more finishes in the top ten than outside it. He even took them to the Champions League qualifiers where they lost to Villarreal, and managed to get them into lesser European competitions a few times as well.

I wonder if Everton fans today would trade their current predicament for the results and league finishes under boring old Moyesey?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

FlatCapDave wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 11:00 am
Clayton wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 1:27 pm Failure ? , not sure any have said that , though many including myself have more then likely said overrated , dull , uninspiring , and stuck in his own bubble , because winning is something he definitely doesn't do . But would go along with Whisky and give Moyes credit for his work at West Ham in his first stint and for the first 18 months or so of his second spell . I was old enough to remember when he had the job at Everton , nothing has changed because he can't , I have never rated him , comes across as someone full of his own self importance in my eyes . Just be thankful their are a number of teams worse then us this season .
See, I don't think he's overrated at all. In fact, I'd say he was underrated if anything. Once again, it could be because he's not an exotic foreigner, because if any other manager had gotten West Ham United to 6th and 7th in a league that includes Manchester City, Manchester United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal, and Newcastle they'd be considered a success. Throw in a European semi-final and a European final/potential European trophy? I don't think we'll see those kinds of successes again once he's gone. Not for a very long time.

I am also old enough to remember when he had the Everton job, and you're correct. Nothing has changed. He done the same there as he's doing here. He took Everton to the heady heights of 4th in the league, and counts more finishes in the top ten than outside it. He even took them to the Champions League qualifiers where they lost to Villarreal, and managed to get them into lesser European competitions a few times as well.

I wonder if Everton fans today would trade their current predicament for the results and league finishes under boring old Moyesey?
There’s no denying his record at West Ham when taken at face value or from the outside looking in .
It’s the same argument and stance taken by all pro-Moyesers.
His record domestically whilst at West Ham looks even more impressive based on a 32 game Premier League season .
Bring back Jonathon !