Well now David.

Chat about anything football related here!
Clayton

Re: Well now David.

Post by Clayton »

eskimo joe wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 8:18 am
Towie wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 6:57 am

Come on now, talk about cut your nose off to spite your face.
So would you go with winning the cup and him staying or losing it and him gone?

The bigger picture for me is him out the door.

If winning it keeps him, then no thanks. Of course I would like to win it but that's not my only choice.
I want him gone , never wanted the bugeyed over achiever with no end product at the club in the first place . Problem is I cant see anything at the club changing with Sullivan at the helm .

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

garnett wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 10:28 am If we win the cup it will be all about him, always was always will be, like I've said before he has no love for us it's his job, a job he has bodged his way through and has nearly got away with it.
I personally think we are going to struggle next season with or without him, I don't think the full damage he has done to our club will come to light til next season.
I will remember this post.
Cant blame him entirely , Sullivan is still at the head of this sorry excuse for a premier league club .

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Newmarket wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:21 am
terrya1965 wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 11:45 pm
Win us a Cup and you'll be adored forever Mr Moyes. But let is be our last game together. What an end that would be.
Win us a cup and it’ll be in spite of Moyes .

Then he can fuck off .
Completely agree.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

garnett wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 10:28 am If we win the cup it will be all about him, always was always will be, like I've said before he has no love for us it's his job, a job he has bodged his way through and has nearly got away with it.
I personally think we are going to struggle next season with or without him, I don't think the full damage he has done to our club will come to light til next season.
Of course we will struggle next season, and for many seasons after that. West Ham is, and always has been, a club that, thanks to a boardroom attitude of "as long as we stay up". The ethos of failure, acceptance of second and third best as the norm, and a total inability to structure the club into a business fit for purpose from top to bottom has ensured that mediocrity is built into the fabric of the place.

Declan Rice's departure will unbalance the team significantly. The position he occupies in it is a key one and he happens to be very good at it. No player is irreplaceable but Rice is the nearest thing to irreplaceable I've seen at West Ham for many years. At long last we are talking about employing a Director of Football. Oh Well bloody done. Only about 10 years too late. Many high profile names have been floated as candidates, just as they are when managerial appointments are imminent. But I suspect we will end up with yet another former player or lackey to perpetuate the jobs for the iold boys culture that seems rife within the club.

It wouldn't even surprise me to see Barry Silkman roll up and take the job tbh. But amazingly season tickets will sell out again, the money will continue to roll in, so the business model is very much alive and kicking. It never ceases to amaze me how football fans, and not just West Ham fans, constantly complain about the underachievemnt and poor performances of their chosen clubs, moan about rising ticket prices.expensive replica shirtas and so on and yet continue to shell out their hard earned year in, year out.

Who was it said that thing about a fool and his money ?
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Clayton wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 10:42 am
eskimo joe wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 8:18 am

So would you go with winning the cup and him staying or losing it and him gone?

The bigger picture for me is him out the door.

If winning it keeps him, then no thanks. Of course I would like to win it but that's not my only choice.
I want him gone , never wanted the bugeyed over achiever with no end product at the club in the first place . Problem is I cant see anything at the club changing with Sullivan at the helm .
"Bug eyed OVERACHIEVER" ? Are you sure.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 10:56 am

Again . Yes we’ve overachieved the previous 2 seasons but in spite of Moyes not because of him .

And certainly not because of any cunning plan from Sullivan etc.

The players maybe .

But think about how much better the last 3 years MAY have been if we had tried to win every game and the squad had been managed sensibly or even properly ?

And if January transfer windows had been utilised properly when we were in the ascendancy rather than the relegation-panicked buy that was Danny fucking Ings .

Now as Clay said above , Sullivan has to take some of the blame .
But Moyes is the real reason .
Bring back Jonathon !

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Yeah .

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 10:54 am
Of course we will struggle next season, and for many seasons after that. West Ham is, and always has been, a club that, thanks to a boardroom attitude of "as long as we stay up". The ethos of failure, acceptance of second and third best as the norm, and a total inability to structure the club into a business fit for purpose from top to bottom has ensured that mediocrity is built into the fabric of the place.

Declan Rice's departure will unbalance the team significantly. The position he occupies in it is a key one and he happens to be very good at it. No player is irreplaceable but Rice is the nearest thing to irreplaceable I've seen at West Ham for many years. At long last we are talking about employing a Director of Football. Oh Well bloody done. Only about 10 years too late. Many high profile names have been floated as candidates, just as they are when managerial appointments are imminent. But I suspect we will end up with yet another former player or lackey to perpetuate the jobs for the iold boys culture that seems rife within the club.

It wouldn't even surprise me to see Barry Silkman roll up and take the job tbh. But amazingly season tickets will sell out again, the money will continue to roll in, so the business model is very much alive and kicking. It never ceases to amaze me how football fans, and not just West Ham fans, constantly complain about the underachievemnt and poor performances of their chosen clubs, moan about rising ticket prices.expensive replica shirtas and so on and yet continue to shell out their hard earned year in, year out.

Who was it said that thing about a fool and his money ?

Absolutely spot on.
On the very rare occasion if I'm offered a freebie I'll wander over there, but be fucked would I pay to watch that nauseating cunt and his team of merry men. No! been there done that on far too many occasions and it'll never happen again. They don't want me or my like to darken their doors, they want the tourist and the youth of today who don't know shit from putty about this club and I won't give them a penny ever again. No siree bob, not a brass razzoo will I hand over until this club is run like a club should be run and not a fucking circus. (I suspect I'll have a long wait!)
There's no fucking chance I'm handing over a wedge that that little shortarse cunt can spend on a night out with his old sloshpot or that will contribute to paying that abject serial failure of a manager his wages.
Like I said before I hope we win the cup and for the fans that go I wish them all the best. Have a great time chaps, I've been there and seen it a long time ago, they haven't.
But as regards to ever buying anything from a season ticket down to a paper clip, not a penny will I give.
Perhaps one day the penny will drop for some fans, equally there are those that will never fathom out what this circus is really all about.
I guess some people just have to learn the hard way.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

We have the oldest squad in the PL and the only over 30 years of age.There are Moysie lovers saying we are progressing. :?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 12:11 pm

Again . Yes we’ve overachieved the previous 2 seasons but in spite of Moyes not because of him .

And certainly not because of any cunning plan from Sullivan etc.

The players maybe .

But think about how much better the last 3 years MAY have been if we had tried to win every game and the squad had been managed sensibly or even properly ?

And if January transfer windows had been utilised properly when we were in the ascendancy rather than the relegation-panicked buy that was Danny fucking Ings .

Now as Clay said above , Sullivan has to take some of the blame .
But Moyes is the real reason .
Whilst agreeing with your overall opinion of Moyes I don't think we should totally dismiss his contributuion to our efforts since he arrived. I would credit him with avoiding relegation and our league placing the following season when he seemed to be the only manager to get a tune out of Lingard. He developed a system we were comfortable with, and it worked.

But then it was sussed out and instead of adapting it or changing it completely he proved totally unable to arrest a decline that lasted the whole of 2022 and continued into 2023 with no obvious sign of any improvement on the horizon. His transfer dealings have, in the main, been an abject disaster. Scamacca is the classic square peg/round hole siituation, Aguerd, at least imo, isn't as good as Diop, the bloke he replaced. The less said about Cornet the better, Areola has been a complete waste of money. If you only want a back up keeper who you're not going to use then bloody well sign one. Not a French international, on French international wages ffs. Paqueta has started to look decent after a poor start to his West Ham career, but is he really going to flourish in the Moyes stykle of football and Kehrer and Emerson have only been used sparingly.

But in any event as every man and his dog have already observed on many occasions this club will never make any sort of progress until two things happen. A massive investment from somewhere and a new anthem to replace the defeatist dirge we're stuck with. ;)