Well now David.

Chat about anything football related here!
dagenhamdave

Re: Well now David.

Post by dagenhamdave »

According to the Express we want Tuchel as manager to link up with Timmy.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/footbal ... h-West-Ham

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

dagenhamdave wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:47 am According to the Express we want Tuchel as manager to link up with Timmy.

Obviously Tuchel would be an excellent appointment. Regrettably however the following quote has been attributed by a reputable German source to Tuchel when he was asked to comment on this story. I'm sure you have your favourite translation program. ;)

Es tut mir leid. Aber ich kann nicht für einen verdammten Zwerg arbeiten, der aussieht wie etwas, das der KGB weggeworfen hat.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:13 pm
dagenhamdave wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:47 am According to the Express we want Tuchel as manager to link up with Timmy.

Obviously Tuchel would be an excellent appointment. Regrettably however the following quote has been attributed by a reputable German source to Tuchel when he was asked to comment on this story. I'm sure you have your favourite translation program. ;)

Es tut mir leid. Aber ich kann nicht für einen verdammten Zwerg arbeiten, der aussieht wie etwas, das der KGB weggeworfen hat.
That’s a very long translation of “ you’re having a hat & scarf you cunts” :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

As per West Ham news, Moyes is staying put until at least end of the season and hoping to turn it around and the new contract talk at the moment is now dead in the water until end of the season when the club will decide what to do next as they have contacted some managers available for replacement this summer.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

I don't think he will go before the end of the season, unless we get another hammering which is not out of the realms of possibility. He has harped on about his defensive expertise, but we have let in 3 or more goals in 7 of our 25 pl matches hardly a fact that a so called defensive expert can be very proud of.
We are not going down, this season, but we will also not be qualifying for a European place. I fear our European experience will be over this season once we come up against a half decent team. A 14 th place finish last season was nothing to shout about 22 matches in the relegation fight zone if it wasn't for the only 2 wins in our last 6 games we were in danger of going down.
We will probably finish around the same position this season.....so no improvement there, we are not going to win the European league.....so no improvement there.....we are not going to win the league or FA cup......so no improvement there...all in all given the amount of money he's spent over the last 2 years he has not improved us ..so surely the owners have to look at his record and if they have any ambition and balls will part company in the summer.
Apparently he's been given 4 matches,to prove himself....its no coincidence that all 4 teams are sat well below us.
Who would I like to see brought in....I really don't know...in the back of my mind...an unknown in the PL....and maybe Will Still....he can't be any worse than Popeye.
But all this is all speculation and until the end of the season I feel we will be stuck with the serial winner.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

andyginbrasil wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:34 am I don't think he will go before the end of the season, unless we get another hammering which is not out of the realms of possibility. He has harped on about his defensive expertise, but we have let in 3 or more goals in 7 of our 25 pl matches hardly a fact that a so called defensive expert can be very proud of.
We are not going down, this season, but we will also not be qualifying for a European place. I fear our European experience will be over this season once we come up against a half decent team. A 14 th place finish last season was nothing to shout about 22 matches in the relegation fight zone if it wasn't for the only 2 wins in our last 6 games we were in danger of going down.
We will probably finish around the same position this season.....so no improvement there, we are not going to win the European league.....so no improvement there.....we are not going to win the league or FA cup......so no improvement there...all in all given the amount of money he's spent over the last 2 years he has not improved us ..so surely the owners have to look at his record and if they have any ambition and balls will part company in the summer.
Apparently he's been given 4 matches,to prove himself....its no coincidence that all 4 teams are sat well below us.
Who would I like to see brought in....I really don't know...in the back of my mind...an unknown in the PL....and maybe Will Still....he can't be any worse than Popeye.
But all this is all speculation and until the end of the season I feel we will be stuck with the serial winner.
🤣 " Serial winner". Moyes would be hard pushed to win the lottery if he bought all the tickets.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

I don't get the love in with Tuchel. He's nearly had more clubs than what's in my golf bag.
Boom boom. :D
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Ibbyham wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:42 pm As per West Ham news, Moyes is staying put until at least end of the season and hoping to turn it around and the new contract talk at the moment is now dead in the water until end of the season when the club will decide what to do next as they have contacted some managers available for replacement this summer.
Which "ITK" is this Ibbs ? The one who said Moyes is definitely going or the one that said exactly the opposite. ;)

Or were they the same one ? :lol:

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

tassiehammer wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 6:19 am I don't get the love in with Tuchel. He's nearly had more clubs than what's in my golf bag.
Boom boom. :D
He'd be an upgrade on the usual suspects being linked. And he's won more Champions League than Cooper, Potter & Co.

FFS you and I have won as many as those cunts.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

andyginbrasil wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:34 am I don't think he will go before the end of the season, unless we get another hammering which is not out of the realms of possibility. He has harped on about his defensive expertise, but we have let in 3 or more goals in 7 of our 25 pl matches hardly a fact that a so called defensive expert can be very proud of.
I think we can assume that KPIs are not something that employees of West Ham are required to achieve. As you say the present results are trending towards a small improvement on our poin ts total last season which is a poor return given the outlay on recruitment. Even allowing for the departure of Declan Rice.