Well now David.

Chat about anything football related here!
dagenhamdave

Re: Don't Often Give Moyes Credit,But...

Post by dagenhamdave »

Sadly, he has brought in more than his fair share of shit, even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

terrya1965 wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:22 pm Him picking up Aguerd was one bit of good business. Moyes has been after him for a while,so deserves praise here.

I said it a few weeks on another site ,his a Rolls Royce of a player.He would walk into.ANY side in World Football,his that bloody good.
Moyes given credit Tel , why ? , no denying Aguerd looks quality and if he stays fit could become a great player , but why does the dullard get any praise for it . Does he get any for the likes of Hugill , Evra , Randolph , Benrahma , Areola , Scamacca , Paqueta , Cornet , Ings , Soucek , Kehrer , Emerson or even a broken Zouma , looking at that lot he hasn't improved his squad at all . Some like a injury , their not suited to the way Moyes sets up , not good enough for the league or he will not start them in the league .
Our defence is stripped bare , Moyes has us needing a starting LB , and a couple of CB's which he didn't bother to bring in the January window though he let Dawson leave , so we have to rely on Cresswell at LB and Aquerd staying fit and a aging Ogbonna , lets hope Zouma makes a swift recovery and doesn't break again so we can at least play with a back three , with Emerson playing as a wingback .

palerider

Post by palerider »

Clayton wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:32 am
terrya1965 wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:22 pm Him picking up Aguerd was one bit of good business. Moyes has been after him for a while,so deserves praise here.

I said it a few weeks on another site ,his a Rolls Royce of a player.He would walk into.ANY side in World Football,his that bloody good.
Moyes given credit Tel , why ? , no denying Aguerd looks quality and if he stays fit could become a great player , but why does the dullard get any praise for it . Does he get any for the likes of Hugill , Evra , Randolph , Benrahma , Areola , Scamacca , Paqueta , Cornet , Ings , Soucek , Kehrer , Emerson or even a broken Zouma , looking at that lot he hasn't improved his squad at all . Some like a injury , their not suited to the way Moyes sets up , not good enough for the league or he will not start them in the league .
Our defence is stripped bare , Moyes has us needing a starting LB , and a couple of CB's which he didn't bother to bring in the January window though he let Dawson leave , so we have to rely on Cresswell at LB and Aquerd staying fit and a aging Ogbonna , lets hope Zouma makes a swift recovery and doesn't break again so we can at least play with a back three , with Emerson playing as a wingback .
This. Although I don't agree with all of your list.

Should we scrape just enough to stay up, what then next season ?

No Rice, who was magnificent yesterday, and the dwarf would still maintain faith in McDullard. And the whole dreary cycle starts again.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Big deal if he keeps us up. With this squad he should be sacked for not being in the top 8, let alone fighting for survival.
Fuck him.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

palerider wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:50 am
Clayton wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:32 am

This. Although I don't agree with all of your list.

Should we scrape just enough to stay up, what then next season ?

No Rice, who was magnificent yesterday, and the dwarf would still maintain faith in McDullard. And the whole dreary cycle starts again.
Agreed my friend. Defensive brain farts being our undoing yet again yesterday.
It’s been said that it’s lack of goals that have been a problem this season but for a manager that apparently prides himself on safety first risk averse defensive football, his defensive recruitment and defensive team selections has been fucking dire .
Johnson yesterday instead of Kehrer and our best and only pacy centre back , Nathan , in the centre instead of the slow arthritic looking Ogbonna, and their goal yesterday may never have happened.

The whole defensive shitshow was , however , a collection of what ifs .
What if the referee had noticed Antonio being wrestled to the ground by a Newcastle player ?
What if Paqueta had managed to control the loose ball ?
What if Flapianski had took his time and rolled the goal kick out to a defender to play it out from the back instead of quickly hoofing the goal kick to half way making it a 50/50 midfield tussle in the first place ?

And don’t get me started on the comedy of errors that led to the disallowed goal immediately prior to it .

Overall I thought we were the better team once we went behind but once again isolated defensive errors and the manky Scot’s cunts safety first substitutions respecting the point cost us .
We should have won .
Bring back Jonathon !

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:54 am Big deal if he keeps us up. With this squad he should be sacked for not being in the top 8, let alone fighting for survival.
Fuck him.
BB , you actually believe this squad should be in the top eight ? , now I thought your stance on Moyes was totally overboard but that statement beats even your usuall rhetoric . Even with a fully fit best 11 they would struggle to even manage midtable now under this dinosaur .

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Clayton wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:10 pm
Brookbonds73 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:54 am Big deal if he keeps us up. With this squad he should be sacked for not being in the top 8, let alone fighting for survival.
Fuck him.
BB , you actually believe this squad should be in the top ten ? , now I thought your stance on Moyes was totally overboard but that statement beats even your usuall rhetoric . Even with a fully fit best 11 they would struggle to even manage midtable now under this dinosaur .
I agree with BB . For 18 months we were better than the sum of our parts . Now it’s the opposite.

I’m finding it difficult to give Moyes credit for anything at the moment .
3 at the back appears to be what he’s settled on and to a point I agree .
But the centre back issue is the problem that could have been addressed in January and wasn’t .
I thought our wing backs did well yesterday.
Bring back Jonathon !

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

Clayton wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:10 pm
Fuck him.
BB , you actually believe this squad should be in the top eight ? , now I thought your stance on Moyes was totally overboard but that statement beats even your usuall rhetoric . Even with a fully fit best 11 they would struggle to even manage midtable now under this dinosaur .
I agree with BB re our current position. We should be comfortably mid-table, pushing for Europe.

I think a fair few players have a bit to answer for as well.

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

This is the guy to replace Rice. Our exceptional talent spotters are already on the case. Have no fear about that :?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jo%C3%A3o ... midfielder.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

All I am saying is,Aguerd is a world class player and Moyes did havexa lot to do with that.

Nothing else lads and lasses(don't want PC police after me ;) )

I still believe like the majority on here,that we should have a more forward thinking manager that plays a bit of football. I do think we could have won the game yesterday if he was prepared to go for it,instead of changing like for like(has he always does).