Well now David.

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: Don't Often Give Moyes Credit,But...

Post by Whiskyman »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:54 am Big deal if he keeps us up. With this squad he should be sacked for not being in the top 8, let alone fighting for survival.
Fuck him.
I'm not Moyes' greatest fan but I do wish someone would tell me what is so fucking special about our squad. We have , at least imo, one top class player, but he will be off in the summer and one or two very good ones who for me are Fabianski, Areola,Aguerd. I'd also throw in Bowen, who seems to be getting back to some sort of form and add Fornals and Scamacca if used correctly. Maybe a bit unfair leaving Ogbonna out, but age is against him and maybe Paqueta will justify his fee once he is properly acclimatised and we've got Downes for the future. But the rest.? If we were to have a fire sale I wouldn't imagine a massive queue lining up for the likes of Coufal, Johnson, Cresswell, Zouma, Kehrer, Benrahma, Antonio and anyone else I may have left out.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

palerider

Post by palerider »

Newmarket wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:09 pm
palerider wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:50 am
This. Although I don't agree with all of your list.

Should we scrape just enough to stay up, what then next season ?

No Rice, who was magnificent yesterday, and the dwarf would still maintain faith in McDullard. And the whole dreary cycle starts again.
Agreed my friend. Defensive brain farts being our undoing yet again yesterday.
It’s been said that it’s lack of goals that have been a problem this season but for a manager that apparently prides himself on safety first risk averse defensive football, his defensive recruitment and defensive team selections has been fucking dire .
Johnson yesterday instead of Kehrer and our best and only pacy centre back , Nathan , in the centre instead of the slow arthritic looking Ogbonna, and their goal yesterday may never have happened.

The whole defensive shitshow was , however , a collection of what ifs .
What if the referee had noticed Antonio being wrestled to the ground by a Newcastle player ?
What if Paqueta had managed to control the loose ball ?
What if Flapianski had took his time and rolled the goal kick out to a defender to play it out from the back instead of quickly hoofing the goal kick to half way making it a 50/50 midfield tussle in the first place ?

And don’t get me started on the comedy of errors that led to the disallowed goal immediately prior to it .

Overall I thought we were the better team once we went behind but once again isolated defensive errors and the manky Scot’s cunts safety first substitutions respecting the point cost us .
We should have won .
There are four scenarios awaiting us at the end of the season Tim.

1) We stay up and there's a complete overhaul. New manager and an inventive re-think to drag us into the 21st century.
2) We go down and the same. A la Burnley if you will.
3) We stay up and fuck all changes. McDullard stays and it's SSDD.
4) We go down and fuck all changes. The dwarf says 'If I had to pick a man to take us back up.....etc etc etc.....

Number one would be nice, number two acceptable in my view. I don't go along with the idea that relegation would be the death knell and we'd be doomed to sail the seas of oblivion like the Flying Dutchman for eternity. I for one would maybe even buy a season ticket, the first time ever as long as they were reasonably priced. A new owner would be a bonus but I doubt that will happen. With number one it might.

And it would get me out of the house more to drink shit lager out of a plastic glass on a canal.

As long as it isn't 3 or 4. Or, God forbid, a 5 or 6 involving some cunt like Steve Bruce.

Fuck that.
Last edited by palerider on Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Clayton wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:10 pm
Brookbonds73 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:54 am Big deal if he keeps us up. With this squad he should be sacked for not being in the top 8, let alone fighting for survival.
Fuck him.
BB , you actually believe this squad should be in the top eight ? , now I thought your stance on Moyes was totally overboard but that statement beats even your usuall rhetoric . Even with a fully fit best 11 they would struggle to even manage midtable now under this dinosaur .
Under the right manager I see no reason why we shouldn't be top 8. Man city and the arse aside, I don't see other sides setting the world alight tbh. Chelsea are rebuilding, Liverpool need a rebuild, Man United very hit and miss, spuds are the same. Next season if we're still in the premier with hopefully the club being sold and McCuntox finally gone, I honestly don't see no reason why we shouldn't be top eight. Brighton and Brentford are well run clubs but sooner or later their bubble will burst, same with Fulham.
Our club run properly with the right people in charge are more than capable of turning in top half finishes.
It's all hypothetical of course with these cunts at the helm. But hopefully (and it's a big ask) one day someone with foresight might just see its potential.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Whilst admittedly some of our squad are past their sell by date, some have had the ability/confidence ripped out of them by this cunt of a manager. The players we have are better than what we're seeing, I'm not saying they're world beaters by any means but they are better, it's the manager that has turned this squad in to a bunch of misfits.
He's done this type of thing at every club he's managed, until eventually players become so dissolutioned with the cunt that they either down tools or get the fuck away from him.
It took Josh Cullen years to find out what a prick he was and it's only now at the age of 27 that he's flourishing at Burnley. Other kids have seen this and are not prepared to sit and wait around until fuckchops decides to give them 5 minutes at a pre season friendly in Falkirk, they go and say fuck you I'm off.
Footballs a short career as it is without being fucked about by a dithering archaic gobshite who only looks after himself.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:22 pm Whilst admittedly some of our squad are past their sell by date, some have had the ability/confidence ripped out of them by this cunt of a manager. The players we have are better than what we're seeing, I'm not saying they're world beaters by any means but they are better, it's the manager that has turned this squad in to a bunch of misfits.
He's done this type of thing at every club he's managed, until eventually players become so dissolutioned with the cunt that they either down tools or get the fuck away from him.
It took Josh Cullen years to find out what a prick he was and it's only now at the age of 27 that he's flourishing at Burnley. Other kids have seen this and are not prepared to sit and wait around until fuckchops decides to give them 5 minutes at a pre season friendly in Falkirk, they go and say fuck you I'm off.
Footballs a short career as it is without being fucked about by a dithering archaic gobshite who only looks after himself.
Kehrer a case in point. He was quite promising in his first few games but the Scotch cunt has worn him down. Cornet too who I'm convinced is paying a French doctor a grand a week to keep extending his sick note rather than make himself available for the negative fuckwit.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:58 pm
Clayton wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:10 pm

BB , you actually believe this squad should be in the top eight ? , now I thought your stance on Moyes was totally overboard but that statement beats even your usuall rhetoric . Even with a fully fit best 11 they would struggle to even manage midtable now under this dinosaur .
Under the right manager I see no reason why we shouldn't be top 8. Man city and the arse aside, I don't see other sides setting the world alight tbh. Chelsea are rebuilding, Liverpool need a rebuild, Man United very hit and miss, spuds are the same. Next season if we're still in the premier with hopefully the club being sold and McCuntox finally gone, I honestly don't see no reason why we shouldn't be top eight. Brighton and Brentford are well run clubs but sooner or later their bubble will burst, same with Fulham.
Our club run properly with the right people in charge are more than capable of turning in top half finishes.
It's all hypothetical of course with these cunts at the helm. But hopefully (and it's a big ask) one day someone with foresight might just see its potential.
As you say, all hypothetical. But your comment “our club run properly” is key, isn’t it ? But that applies to pretty much everyone doesn’t it ? Gate receipts aren’t a massive factor any more and , even if they were, why should the three clubs you mention suffer burst bubble syndrome more than us? FFS we even sing and celebrate bubbles bursting so we have more than a head start in that respect,

And if you look at the squads of those clubs I bet you could find 3 or 4 players from each who would walk into our starting line up. Which is why I say our squad isn’t as good as some seem to think. But of course a lot of them have been brought in by Moyes so that’s another area he can be criticised for.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Newmarket wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:15 pm

I’m finding it difficult to give Moyes credit for anything at the moment .
I for one dislike Moyes as much as anyone, but fairs fair, you comment above is bang out of order. :D

Moyes should a least been given loads of credit for the absolute dross he turns out practically every week.
Our current league position
The players, (and in some cases I use the term loosely ), he has brought in that, a large majority are far from an upgrade on what we already had.
And I add to that the complete lack of any plan B.

For me this is why Moyes should be given credit.
Now go and put that in the bank for those who still harp on about his bank credit...if I was the bank manager I would seriously look at foreclosing on the cunt.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

I have to agree our squad is poor in many areas ,we tend to hang on to players for far too fucking long most are just simply going through the motions.
A fucking big kick up the arse and a major overhaul is needed before we will be able to kick on imo.

Trouble is we’re fucked with the regime.

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

I thought I'd watch the U23 s tonight vs Fulham.
Moyesball in drag.
Mark Robson🤣
It was depressingly shite football, the only plusses were Earthy and Mubama being given the promotion.
And it was wasted by the absolute shit approach by Robson/Moyes

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

And to add.. None of em look even close to be able to cope in the Premier league.
But I'm not suprised the way their being coached💩