Well now David.

Chat about anything football related here!
Clayton

Re: Well now David.

Post by Clayton »

The clock for me concerning Moyes started the day he was signed , as far as I was concerned he had never done anything but a average job at any club . I have been around long enough to remember what he didn't achieve at Everton with his tactics , his dithering on the pitch and in the transfer market .
Even at Everton he took the fans to dizzy heights and gave them false hopes , great expectations and nothing came of it , they never won any silverware and the Moyes legacy of never beating a top four side away from home began .

palerider

Post by palerider »

Clayton wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:55 am The clock for me concerning Moyes started the day he was signed , as far as I was concerned he had never done anything but a average job at any club . I have been around long enough to remember what he didn't achieve at Everton with his tactics , his dithering on the pitch and in the transfer market .
Even at Everton he took the fans to dizzy heights and gave them false hopes , great expectations and nothing came of it , they never won any silverware and the Moyes legacy of never beating a top four side away from home began .
He's widening his capabilities now and starting a run of not beating a bottom four side away from home.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Clayton wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:43 am
Towie wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:02 am If they don’t want to tarnish the tribute to Gold next Saturday, then they need to get rid now.

Otherwise it will be toxic next Saturday.
Tribute to Gold , why ? , was he a great man ? , a great player ? , a great owner ? , so what if he was born locally and was at the club at a young age , does that really mean he gets to have 60k fans remembering his life as some sort of legacy to West Ham . Him and his cohorts have done nothing more at West Ham then they did at Birmingham , shit on the club and it's fans .
Exactly this, I will take up my seat after this charade takes place as will many others.
Had no time for him when alive and the sly old fucker was just as guilty in club decisions as the other cunt
Even let his pal take all the flak whilst keeping schtum .
Reckon it will get a mixed reaction tbh.

Could be a rather interesting day.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:35 am

Tribute to Gold , why ? , was he a great man ? , a great player ? , a great owner ? , so what if he was born locally and was at the club at a young age , does that really mean he gets to have 60k fans remembering his life as some sort of legacy to West Ham . Him and his cohorts have done nothing more at West Ham then they did at Birmingham , shit on the club and it's fans .
Exactly this, I will take up my seat after this charade takes place as will many others.
Had no time for him when alive and the sly old fucker was just as guilty in club decisions as the other cunt
Even let his pal take all the flak whilst keeping schtum .
Reckon it will get a mixed reaction tbh.

Could be a rather interesting day.
Gutted I chose the Brentford game instead of the Everton one
Bring back Jonathon !

Towie

Post by Towie »

Towie wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:02 am If they don’t want to tarnish the tribute to Gold next Saturday, then they need to get rid now.

Otherwise it will be toxic next Saturday.
Why you asking me those questions? Shouldn’t you be asking the club?
Anyway you won’t be there so what’s your problem?
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Towie wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:43 pm

Well Towie , you did imply that there was to be a tribute to Gold , and if they didn't want to have it tarnished next week , Moyes should be sacked before then as it would be a toxic atomsphere otherwise .

palerider

Post by palerider »

Not that I'll be there but if there's a tribute to anybody who's passed away short of a terrorist, I'd show my respect. But I can understand the sentiment of those that wouldn't.

And I hope there's no trouble but if McDullard picks the usual suspects, we start the game as we normally do and go a goal down I can see it turning fucking nasty.

Towie

Post by Towie »

Clayton wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:50 pm
Towie wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:43 pm

Well Towie , you did imply that there was to be a tribute to Gold , and if they didn't want to have it tarnished next week , Moyes should be sacked before then as it would be a toxic atomsphere otherwise .
I’m not doing the tribute the club are ffs, I’m saying if they don’t sack Moyes they can expect it ruined. If they do the right thing most people will respect it.

Again your question of why they are doing a tribute should be directed to the club.

Towie

Post by Towie »

palerider wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:50 pm Not that I'll be there but if there's a tribute to anybody who's passed away short of a terrorist, I'd show my respect. But I can understand the sentiment of those that wouldn't.

And I hope there's no trouble but if McDullard picks the usual suspects, we start the game as we normally do and go a goal down I can see it turning fucking nasty.
Exactly this.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

So presumably the Everton match will be used as some kind of dedication to gold. Like Pale I won't be there either thank fuck.
Would I show respect for the man, probably. Not much but some, but that's it. As far as I'm concerned he was a milder version of the other cunt. A shnidey weasel who along with the midget saw an opportunity and grabbed it with greedy grubby fingers. Do I hope it doesn't turn toxic, no, I couldn't give a fuck if the fans invade the pitch, dig the ground up, set fire to Moyes and string the midget up by his minge, just like the board not caring about the clubs current predicament, I have the same kind of contempt for them, it's been that way for me for a long long time. It'll probably be far more entertaining than watching two desperately poor sides attempt to play football.
They have brought this on themselves, showing once again an attitude of sheer contempt for it's fans.
Whatever happens good luck to the real fans, the hierarchy can go and fuck itself.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.