Harrison Ashby

Chat about anything football related here!
Newmarket

Re: Harrison Ashby

Post by Newmarket »

He’s injured again . Subbed in the 18th minute last night
Bring back Jonathon !

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Newmarket wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 12:02 pm He’s injured again . Subbed in the 18th minute last night
Oh well :(

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Bring back Jonathon !

JayK

Post by JayK »

Just more proof he’s a bullshitting, arrogant, bullying prick
COYI!!!

palerider

Post by palerider »

Yep. Until recently I regarded McDullard as a cunt of a manager but a decent bloke.

Just a cunt full stop now.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Interesting piece. As is this article which I clicked on after the one you highlighted. I think it illustrates the lack of forward planning when in the last 12 years we have spent around half the amount we have spent on a Brazilian midfielder on infrastructure when it is apparent that our training facilities don't stand comparison with those of many of our competitors. That's less than £3 million a year, which is probably about half what Paqueta "earns". in a year.

As for the other story. Potential dynamite imo, particularly coming so soon after the Kral revelations. Could have been brushed under the carpet had results not been heading south at a rate of knots. As the article implies what is the point of having an academy if the players it produces are not, for whatever reason, coming through to play in the first team.

https://www.hammers.news/club-news/west ... nvestment/
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Sullivan has plenty of forward vision, unfortunately it involves planning on how to keep hold of as much money as possible and spending as little.

As for Moyes, well he spins yarns, and the point is made in the article. So easy to back up your statement by playing youth in games that essentially have no importance. And the rare chance he did was a no brainer.

That's where Lyall outdid him, he had the nerve to play a 17 year old in the FA Cup final.

12 mil on our infrastructure. As implied, peanuts when you put it against even some of our players wages.

Personally I have myself long time wondered why we have an academy, i have seen it more like a meat market.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

eskimo joe wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:36 pm Sullivan has plenty of forward vision, unfortunately it involves planning on how to keep hold of as much money as possible and spending as little.

As for Moyes, well he spins yarns, and the point is made in the article. So easy to back up your statement by playing youth in games that essentially have no importance. And the rare chance he did was a no brainer.

That's where Lyall outdid him, he had the nerve to play a 17 year old in the FA Cup final.

12 mil on our infrastructure. As implied, peanuts when you put it against even some of our players wages.

Personally I have myself long time wondered why we have an academy, i have seen it more like a meat market.
If you’re going to have one you may as well do it properly and run it as an extension to the business. Chelsea’s academy is a shining example of what a properly run academy can do. It must have saved them millions in transfer fees over the years. Not to mention the revenue for loaning players out before they hit the first team.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Let’s see if this one does any better

https://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=137598

He must be praying they out Moyes
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 6:43 pm Let’s see if this one does any better

https://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=137598

He must be praying they out Moyes
I always thought a player had to be 18 before he could become a “full” professional. Obviously got that as wrong as some of my World Cup predictions. :lol: