Harrison Ashby

Chat about anything football related here!
JayK

Re: Harrison Ashby

Post by JayK »

andyginbrasil wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 11:40 am
Newmarket wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 6:55 am

I hadn’t noticed previously tbh but that was my initial thought in this instance.

Newcastle gave him a chance , of sorts , not good enough , so out on loan he goes .

Much like Potts’ boy this summer I guess.
Ashby has gone to Championship side Swansea who will again be chasing PL promotion, a good move for him this season. Potts on the other hand has gone to Wycome and another hopeful, Kamarai Swyer has ended up even further down the leagues at Crawley .
Ridiculous sending them to those teams. They should be playing championship football
COYI!!!

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

JayK wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 12:02 pm

Ashby has gone to Championship side Swansea who will again be chasing PL promotion, a good move for him this season. Potts on the other hand has gone to Wycome and another hopeful, Kamarai Swyer has ended up even further down the leagues at Crawley .
Ridiculous sending them to those teams. They should be playing championship football
They tried that last season , sending the perv to Swansea .

And he didn’t get a game .
Bring back Jonathon !

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Newmarket wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 12:56 pm

Apparently he was more interested in the sheep rather than playing football. Anyway he was a Moyes buy and that alone is recipe for failure.

JayK

Post by JayK »

Newmarket wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 12:56 pm

There are lower teams in that league. Crawley is ridiculous
COYI!!!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Agreed a higher level would be better but only if they're good enough to get a decent amount of pitch time. Potts for example will, imo, be better off if he manages, say, 30 or so games in League One than if he spent most of the season sitting on a bench in the championship. Reckon the main purpose getting them out anywhere is to toughen them up and get them ready for men's football instead of the kids stuff in the Under 21s.

I feel sorry for young keepers. Hegyi has gone out on loan to Stevenage but he'll be the number 2 there so unless the regular keeper gets injured or loses form chances are he'll only see action in the cups. Going to see Stevenage play Watford in the league cup tonight and I'm hoping Hegyi gets a game so I can see him at forst hand.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

JayK

Post by JayK »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 5:50 pm

Agreed a higher level would be better but only if they're good enough to get a decent amount of pitch time. Potts for example will, imo, be better off if he manages, say, 30 or so games in League One than if he spent most of the season sitting on a bench in the championship. Reckon the main purpose getting them out anywhere is to toughen them up and get them ready for men's football instead of the kids stuff in the Under 21s.

I feel sorry for young keepers. Hegyi has gone out on loan to Stevenage but he'll be the number 2 there so unless the regular keeper gets injured or loses form chances are he'll only see action in the cups. Going to see Stevenage play Watford in the league cup tonight and I'm hoping Hegyi gets a game so I can see him at forst hand.
I do agree, no point them sitting on a bench somewhere. Should have a clause in the deal to say if they don’t play within a certain amount of time, they can be recalled so we can try again
COYI!!!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

JayK wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 5:56 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 5:50 pm

I do agree, no point them sitting on a bench somewhere. Should have a clause in the deal to say if they don’t play within a certain amount of time, they can be recalled so we can try again
Didn’t do himself any harm tonight. Made a couple of really good saves.in the second half and then saved one of the penalties in the shootout. And surprisingly apart from the keeper Watford played the same side that walloped QPR 4-0 on Saturday. So a good win for Stevenage and at least one more game for young Hegyi.

A blast from the past on the night as well.Jeremy Ngakia (remember him?} started for Watford but got himself injured and was subbed after around half an hour.
Last edited by Whiskyman on Wed Aug 09, 2023 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

JayK

Post by JayK »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 11:51 pm
JayK wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 5:56 pm

Didn’t do himself any harm tonight. Made a couple of really good saves.in the second half and then saved one of the penalties in the shootout. And surprisingly apart from the keeper Watford played the same side that walloped QPR 4-0 on Saturday. So a good win for Stevenage and at least one more game for young Hegyi.
That’s gonna do him a world of good. We’ll sell him for a bit more next summer
COYI!!!

h69

Post by h69 »

andyginbrasil wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 9:23 pm Been watching him in pre-season.....playing for Newcastle 1st team
. Over 2 hours of game time and 1 goal..... oh wait.... unless of course its another Harrison Ashby :D .
Fair enough. let's see how many minutes he gets this season playing for the Newcastle United 1st team in competitive games. I am sure he is invaluable to them and after all the posters on here made the point he would get far more of a chance and play for them rather than staying here. :lol:

Not bad after 6 months but better than not being given a chance in the first team at West Ham though right ? You should have been a manager, what a talent.
Screenshot 2023-08-09 at 17.31.21.png
Screenshot 2023-08-09 at 17.31.21.png (48.65 KiB) Viewed 4743 times
Oh and subbed off in both Swansea games so far. But he should have been playing in the Premier for us though :roll:

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

h69 wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 5:30 pm
andyginbrasil wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 9:23 pm Been watching him in pre-season.....playing for Newcastle 1st team
. Over 2 hours of game time and 1 goal..... oh wait.... unless of course its another Harrison Ashby :D .

Fair enough. let's see how many minutes he gets this season playing for the Newcastle United 1st team in competitive games.

You should have been a manager, what a talent.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

1st Point............A sign of someone of little intelligence in that one statement.... :roll:
Was it not you who posted this on 7th August 2023.......FYI....2 days ago

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/swanse ... ison-ashby

Which clearly states that he will be out on loan this season at Swansea .......So my bet to the answer to the First point you raised is zero...but you keep checking up throughout the season in case it changes.

2nd point.......Thank you for recognising that I have the talent to be a manager....... coming from you that means absolutely fuck all... :D

I don't need to be a manager to spot the club is being run like a fucking circus

the same as ....... I don't need to be a gynecologist......

to recognise a cunt when I see one..... shakeass