A tongue in cheek prediction

Chat about anything football related here!
eskimo joe

Re: A tongue in cheek prediction

Post by eskimo joe »

andyginbrasil wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:59 am
eskimo joe wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:43 am Just a thought, and probably a stupid one. And yes it involves Rice.

We are ATM in the doggy do and if rumours are to be believed there is a lot more spending to do, and I am not talking just one player. With that in mind and the fact we spent £170 mil plus in summer what's the chances of them now cashing in on Rice and using the money to part finance the purchase of more players?

Of course, as with many things there is an up and down side, his replacement for one. But he is 4 months from leaving anyway. Also I doubt the board is going to be so generous this time around.

I ask but I am guessing it won't happen and we will be hanging on by our fingertips the rest of the season. As we all know, in general January isn't an ideal time to spend. And to be honest I don't think our squad is so bad it couldn't do the job, it's the other element that's the problem. And I think the board might think likewise re the squad.
Again tongue in cheek, what if, and I don't wish this on anyone by the way, Rice picked up a serious injury whilst playing for England and was ruled out for the rest of the season. His value would obviously drop dramatically but what would it do team wise and our chances of survival, do we rely too much on the lad? Are the board relying too much on the future sale of Rice?
For me .....yes and yes
Have to agree, we already made our starting 11 less efficient, basically placating one player. The swap hasn't really benefitted the team, more one player.

Also, as you say, it is possible he gets injured during the WC, so that would still need us to replace, but selling him would be a no no until summer.

One man does not a team make, problem is Moyes would get buried through lack of any ideas as to whom he could replace him with, and his shortage of ideas will keep us heading in the same direction.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

eskimo joe wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:43 am Just a thought, and probably a stupid one. And yes it involves Rice.

We are ATM in the doggy do and if rumours are to be believed there is a lot more spending to do, and I am not talking just one player. With that in mind and the fact we spent £170 mil plus in summer what's the chances of them now cashing in on Rice and using the money to part finance the purchase of more players?

Of course, as with many things there is an up and down side, his replacement for one. But he is 4 months from leaving anyway. Also I doubt the board is going to be so generous this time around.

I ask but I am guessing it won't happen and we will be hanging on by our fingertips the rest of the season. As we all know, in general January isn't an ideal time to spend. And to be honest I don't think our squad is so bad it couldn't do the job, it's the other element that's the problem. And I think the board might think likewise re the squad.
From a transfer fee perspective it will be better to sell earlier than later. As his contract runs down so will the size of the fee that will be received. As you've indicated January is usually a time for panic buys and it's not usually the calibre of clubs which Rice will end up at that need to panic buy. For that reason I expect him to leave in the summer rather than January tbh.

And of course as Andy says there is also the possibility of serious injury, whether playing for England or West Ham. A really serious one could scupper a summer sale.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Ibbyham wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:55 am The REAL reason why we struggles because of Moyes poor attitude against players which Kral mentioned and seemed Moyes has lost his dressing room spark. Most players don't want to sign new contract because of Moyes negatively with Rice, Bowen, Soucek, Ashby, Johnson and plus Perkins who couldn't wait to get out of West Ham because of Moyes.

Of those 4 matches, I will be very surprised if we get even a POINT, as the next 4 games the teams we facing are on top form.

Moyes - time to pack your bag and go back to your scot you cunt!
Point of order old chum
Perkins fucked off on his own accord (money)
The rest of the list Rice aside of course can all fuck off in January for all I care.

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

andyginbrasil wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:45 am
Ibbyham wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:55 am The REAL reason why we struggles because of Moyes poor attitude against players which Kral mentioned and seemed Moyes has lost his dressing room spark. Most players don't want to sign new contract because of Moyes negatively with Rice, Bowen, Soucek, Ashby, Johnson and plus Perkins who couldn't wait to get out of West Ham because of Moyes.

Of those 4 matches, I will be very surprised if we get even a POINT, as the next 4 games the teams we facing are on top form.

Worrying times indeed Ibby....3 of the four teams below us are all within just one win of getting in front of us, if as you predict we have no points after those 4 games we will, without a shadow of a doubt be in the proverbial shit and chasing the pack. I personally don't think we will go down as long as Moyes isn't in charge.
If the rumours are true regarding the number of points required by Popeye to keep his job, he will be gone by the end of January which could unfortunately for any new in coming manager could be too late.
Our boards are always too slow to act compared to other teams like Villa, Southampton, Bournemouth and Wolves.

Is our home game against Newcastle that was postponed in early September will be playing in early January? as it doesn't show on our fixtures list.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:49 pm

Point of order old chum
Perkins fucked off on his own accord (money)
The rest of the list Rice aside of course can all fuck off in January for all I care.
80% of our teams aren't good enough.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

JayK

Post by JayK »

Ibbyham wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 4:43 pm
andyginbrasil wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:45 am

Worrying times indeed Ibby....3 of the four teams below us are all within just one win of getting in front of us, if as you predict we have no points after those 4 games we will, without a shadow of a doubt be in the proverbial shit and chasing the pack. I personally don't think we will go down as long as Moyes isn't in charge.
If the rumours are true regarding the number of points required by Popeye to keep his job, he will be gone by the end of January which could unfortunately for any new in coming manager could be too late.
Our boards are always too slow to act compared to other teams like Villa, Southampton, Bournemouth and Wolves.

Is our home game against Newcastle that was postponed in early September will be playing in early January? as it doesn't show on our fixtures list.
I think that one is the away game Ibbs
COYI!!!