A tongue in cheek prediction

Chat about anything football related here!
andyginbrasil

A tongue in cheek prediction

Post by andyginbrasil »

For the remainder of the season.........

We have four games remaining to wrap up the first half.... Arsenal, Brentford Leeds and Newcastle... Arsenal and Newcastle are at present way ahead of us and so I expect nil points, Brentford looking good after an away win against 1 of the big six...(something Popeye hasn't been able to do for fuck knows how many matches)... Hoping to get points from this one...maybe a draw.....Leeds...it depends what team turns up ..... They could rip us a new one with their attacking play .. . Or maybe we could nick a draw.
So going into the second half of the season we could be on .....16 points... impressive to some but a little disappointing to most of us and Moyes remains in charge.

So 19 games to go and we need at least 24 points to survive the dreaded R word.....Top 6, I expect nothing even if we are playing them at home you can include Newcastle in that as well.....that leaves 12 games to get those 24 points.....oh hang on.....There's Brighton as well.....make that 11 games.

Unfortunately on our current form, that I feel could well continue, we are yielding 0.93 points per game, so even with my lack of mathematical knowledge that equates to about 11 points not nearly enough , that's relegation fodder. We need to average 2 points per game, from those 11 games or we are fucked . That is if the survival this season is the magical 40 PTS.

Of course this is just tongue in cheek and we could well be pushing for European places come the end of the season.....or not

Brookbonds73

Re: A tongue in cheek prediction

Post by Brookbonds73 »

andyginbrasil wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:49 pm For the remainder of the season.........

We have four games remaining to wrap up the first half.... Arsenal, Brentford Leeds and Newcastle... Arsenal and Newcastle are at present way ahead of us and so I expect nil points, Brentford looking good after an away win against 1 of the big six...(something Popeye hasn't been able to do for fuck knows how many matches)... Hoping to get points from this one...maybe a draw.....Leeds...it depends what team turns up ..... They could rip us a new one with their attacking play .. . Or maybe we could nick a draw.
So going into the second half of the season we could be on .....16 points... impressive to some but a little disappointing to most of us and Moyes remains in charge.

So 19 games to go and we need at least 24 points to survive the dreaded R word.....Top 6, I expect nothing even if we are playing them at home you can include Newcastle in that as well.....that leaves 12 games to get those 24 points.....oh hang on.....There's Brighton as well.....make that 11 games.

Unfortunately on our current form, that I feel could well continue, we are yielding 0.93 points per game, so even with my lack of mathematical knowledge that equates to about 11 points not nearly enough , that's relegation fodder. We need to average 2 points per game, from those 11 games or we are fucked . That is if the survival this season is the magical 40 PTS.

Of course this is just tongue in cheek and we could well be pushing for European places come the end of the season.....or not
Personally Andy I think your tongue in cheek is spot on.
We've once again managed to shoot ourselves in the foot by sticking with this arsewipe. I can see us in the chumps next season as I think other sides have fathomed out his one dimensional brand of shite football.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

This situation will be a tough test on Noble. He starts his post in January and it's not exactly an ideal position to start your new job.

Now, with all I have observed through various media he won't be quick firing bullets, but he needs to show he has the nerve and good judgement to act regardless.

I know some have the thought that his position shouldn't be seen to be undermined by acting before he takes up his post, but on the other side of the coin it could be seen by not acting now is like passing the buck.

Of course this is only my way of seeing it, but anyone who still holds on to the idea of Moyes being gone before the end of the season might be disappointed, and if by chance he is I think it will be weeks too late. So Andy is pretty close to the mark, imo.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

As usual Andy I think you've called it pretty accurately. On present form, and imo we've only really turned in a couple of decent performances all season,I can't see where the next win is coming from. Obviously form, unlike class, is temporary as they say but usually temporary doesn't mean a period stretching back 12 months which is when we started losing wheels. We could scramble the odd draw along the way but we are going to need more than that to survive the drop imo. Usually the teams that go down are the ones that can't score. And we can't score. And I'm not blaming Scammacca for that. It's no good giving someone a gun if you don't provide them with the bullets as well. We are creating the square root of fuck all. And that is usually terminal.

If the Kral story has even just an element of truth in it Noble will obviously be aware. And if it is the case the manager is "aloof" with certain players that is something that needs to be addressed, and quickly. Favouritism in any managerial post is a complete no go and, as they say, leopards can't change their spots. So the answer might be to get a different leopard.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 7:32 am As usual Andy I think you've called it pretty accurately. On present form, and imo we've only really turned in a couple of decent performances all season,I can't see where the next win is coming from. Obviously form, unlike class, is temporary as they say but usually temporary doesn't mean a period stretching back 12 months which is when we started losing wheels. We could scramble the odd draw along the way but we are going to need more than that to survive the drop imo. Usually the teams that go down are the ones that can't score. And we can't score. And I'm not blaming Scammacca for that. It's no good giving someone a gun if you don't provide them with the bullets as well. We are creating the square root of fuck all. And that is usually terminal.

If the Kral story has even just an element of truth in it Noble will obviously be aware. And if it is the case the manager is "aloof" with certain players that is something that needs to be addressed, and quickly. Favouritism in any managerial post is a complete no go and, as they say, leopards can't change their spots. So the answer might be to get a different leopard.
Preferably a spotless one if you get my drift.

palerider

Post by palerider »

No game's a given.

But our survival is commensurate with the amount of games over the next critical period that McDullard continues to be in charge.

0 games, 90 % chance of staying up.
1 game, 85 %

On a sliding scale, 18 games in charge, 0%.

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

The REAL reason why we struggles because of Moyes poor attitude against players which Kral mentioned and seemed Moyes has lost his dressing room spark. Most players don't want to sign new contract because of Moyes negatively with Rice, Bowen, Soucek, Ashby, Johnson and plus Perkins who couldn't wait to get out of West Ham because of Moyes.

Of those 4 matches, I will be very surprised if we get even a POINT, as the next 4 games the teams we facing are on top form.

Moyes - time to pack your bag and go back to your scot you cunt!
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Just a thought, and probably a stupid one. And yes it involves Rice.

We are ATM in the doggy do and if rumours are to be believed there is a lot more spending to do, and I am not talking just one player. With that in mind and the fact we spent £170 mil plus in summer what's the chances of them now cashing in on Rice and using the money to part finance the purchase of more players?

Of course, as with many things there is an up and down side, his replacement for one. But he is 4 months from leaving anyway. Also I doubt the board is going to be so generous this time around.

I ask but I am guessing it won't happen and we will be hanging on by our fingertips the rest of the season. As we all know, in general January isn't an ideal time to spend. And to be honest I don't think our squad is so bad it couldn't do the job, it's the other element that's the problem. And I think the board might think likewise re the squad.

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Ibbyham wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:55 am The REAL reason why we struggles because of Moyes poor attitude against players which Kral mentioned and seemed Moyes has lost his dressing room spark. Most players don't want to sign new contract because of Moyes negatively with Rice, Bowen, Soucek, Ashby, Johnson and plus Perkins who couldn't wait to get out of West Ham because of Moyes.

Of those 4 matches, I will be very surprised if we get even a POINT, as the next 4 games the teams we facing are on top form.

Moyes - time to pack your bag and go back to your scot you cunt!
Worrying times indeed Ibby....3 of the four teams below us are all within just one win of getting in front of us, if as you predict we have no points after those 4 games we will, without a shadow of a doubt be in the proverbial shit and chasing the pack. I personally don't think we will go down as long as Moyes isn't in charge.
If the rumours are true regarding the number of points required by Popeye to keep his job, he will be gone by the end of January which could unfortunately for any new in coming manager could be too late.

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

eskimo joe wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:43 am Just a thought, and probably a stupid one. And yes it involves Rice.

We are ATM in the doggy do and if rumours are to be believed there is a lot more spending to do, and I am not talking just one player. With that in mind and the fact we spent £170 mil plus in summer what's the chances of them now cashing in on Rice and using the money to part finance the purchase of more players?

Of course, as with many things there is an up and down side, his replacement for one. But he is 4 months from leaving anyway. Also I doubt the board is going to be so generous this time around.

I ask but I am guessing it won't happen and we will be hanging on by our fingertips the rest of the season. As we all know, in general January isn't an ideal time to spend. And to be honest I don't think our squad is so bad it couldn't do the job, it's the other element that's the problem. And I think the board might think likewise re the squad.
Again tongue in cheek, what if, and I don't wish this on anyone by the way, Rice picked up a serious injury whilst playing for England and was ruled out for the rest of the season. His value would obviously drop dramatically but what would it do team wise and our chances of survival, do we rely too much on the lad? Are the board relying too much on the future sale of Rice?
For me .....yes and yes