FA Cup 3rd Round Draw

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: FA Cup 3rd Round Draw

Post by Whiskyman »

andyginbrasil wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:52 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:33 pm

Hmmm. I know if I had a contract measured in millions of £££s per annum I would hang on as long as I could. And I suspect, old chap, you would be tempted to as well. ;)
It doesn't really matter one way or the other if he stays or goes......his contract, if his lawyers are any good...... would be paid up to the end of it's tenure in full......if it was me I'd take the money and run and then spend a few weeks on the Costa de Southend without the worry and stress the job brings.....and then look for my next gig in a few months time
Well,yeah, but he'd have to hang on to be sacked for his contract to be paid up.

Not sure I'd want to take the Southend option though if I was in his shoes. ;)

They're not in the league anymore. And this time of the year the place is fucking cold and wet.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

JayK

Post by JayK »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:35 am
JayK wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:10 am

I can think of better places to run to tbh. I live in southend and it’s got worse and worse. Jaywick might be nice
Don't knock Jaywick.
I spent a fortnight in Grimsby one day. :?
I been to Grimsby. One of the most appropriately named places I ever been to
COYI!!!

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

andyginbrasil wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:52 pm

It doesn't really matter one way or the other if he stays or goes......his contract, if his lawyers are any good...... would be paid up to the end of it's tenure in full......if it was me I'd take the money and run and then spend a few weeks on the Costa de Southend without the worry and stress the job brings.....and then look for my next gig in a few months time
I can think of better places to run to tbh. I live in southend and it’s got worse and worse. Jaywick might be nice
Jaywick was my Dad's place of holiday back in the 40s and 50s.(place where a lot of the East End went)

My Dad and his brothers decided to take us there in 1979.What a shithole,but we enjoyed ourselves..Me and my brother got a nice little earner at the Amusements there.The penny pusher(think it was 5p's then) was left opened and me and my bruv scooped the jackpot :lol:

JayK

Post by JayK »

terrya1965 wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:55 pm

Jaywick was my Dad's place of holiday back in the 40s and 50s.(place where a lot of the East End went)

My Dad and his brothers decided to take us there in 1979.What a shithole,but we enjoyed ourselves..Me and my brother got a nice little earner at the Amusements there.The penny pusher(think it was 5p's then) was left opened and me and my bruv scooped the jackpot :lol:
:lol: Nice jackpot.
I used to work all round the country and whenever I told people where I was from there was a lot of them telling me how they used to go southend for their holidays. Thought it was just popular with Londoners back in the day but these people I spoke to were as far away as Manchester.
COYI!!!

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

JayK wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:25 pm

I used to work all round the country and whenever I told people where I was from there was a lot of them telling me how they used to go southend for their holidays. Thought it was just popular with Londoners back in the day but these people I spoke to were as far away as Manchester.
Tots back in the day 🤣
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

:arrow:

Remember when I was a kid my old man used to drink in the Princess Alice in Forest gate and they organised a trip to Southend on a boat which left from Tower pier. It unloaded at the end of Southend pier and then carried on across the estuary to Margate. Bloody great trip and the booze on the boat back was flowing and I remember my mum giving the old man grief for letting me indulge in a couple of beers. Shame they don’t do those trips regularly now.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Does anyone else think how good it is to see a decent standard of refereeing in this World Cup? I reckon compared with the shit standard we have become accustomed to in the Premier League this has been a breath of fresh air.

JayK

Post by JayK »

Newmarket wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:31 pm

Tots back in the day 🤣
Closed down now aint it. Shame. Tots and zero’s were the places to be. Always a bitch having to walk home though after slinking all ya taxi money on watered down beer
COYI!!!

JayK

Post by JayK »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:40 pm :arrow:

Remember when I was a kid my old man used to drink in the Princess Alice in Forest gate and they organised a trip to Southend on a boat which left from Tower pier. It unloaded at the end of Southend pier and then carried on across the estuary to Margate. Bloody great trip and the booze on the boat back was flowing and I remember my mum giving the old man grief for letting me indulge in a couple of beers. Shame they don’t do those trips regularly now.
They should def bring that back. Liking the idea of a booze cruise
COYI!!!

JayK

Post by JayK »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:54 pm Does anyone else think how good it is to see a decent standard of refereeing in this World Cup? I reckon compared with the shit standard we have become accustomed to in the Premier League this has been a breath of fresh air.
Some of it has also been very shit tbf
COYI!!!