FA Cup 3rd Round Draw

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: FA Cup 3rd Round Draw

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:52 pm
andyginbrasil wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:36 pm

Ultimately it show's that the club is willing to sacrifice a potential 9 precious points by not getting rid of him when the WC break started. Any potential incoming manager will now have his work cut out getting the team back on line and desperately needing to get points back on the board. Loose those 3 games he has allegedly been given to turn things around and we could be sat with just 14 points after half the season gone......,.not an easy task.
Would you as a manager want to take it on, with the possibility of getting a relegation from the PL on your CV.......not me
You are absolutely right,but this has been said time and time again by the fans that think Moyes should have gone before the World Cup.

The owners haven't a clue,that's all I can say.Some fans will say, whose going to come to West Ham?
I would say,Plenty ,despite the owners.
Let’s rephrase the question then. What half decent manager, with a respectable c v, would risk his reputation by coming to work at West Ham under the present ownership ?

Of course there would be plenty of interest from the likes of Scott Parker, Steve Bruce, Sean Dyche & Co. But the point of change. Is surely to upgrade.

The club is seen as a bit Mickey Mouse in foottball land I’m afraid.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:23 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:52 pm

You are absolutely right,but this has been said time and time again by the fans that think Moyes should have gone before the World Cup.

The owners haven't a clue,that's all I can say.Some fans will say, whose going to come to West Ham?
I would say,Plenty ,despite the owners.
Let’s rephrase the question then. What half decent manager, with a respectable c v, would risk his reputation by coming to work at West Ham under the present ownership ?

Of course there would be plenty of interest from the likes of Scott Parker, Steve Bruce, Sean Dyche & Co. But the point of change. Is surely to upgrade.

Many would say Everton have been a basket case for so many years and they appointed one of the most successful Managers in World Football,Carlo Ancelotti.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:33 pm
Brookbonds73 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:21 pm

Quite right Mon Ami.
3 games or 23 makes no difference with this cunt.
If they actually think he's capable of change after 20 odd years in management then they need medical attention.
Your last paragraph sums him up quite nicely. A greed driven inept cunt desperately clinging on to his job.
Hmmm. I know if I had a contract measured in millions of £££s per annum I would hang on as long as I could. And I suspect, old chap, you would be tempted to as well. ;)
Not for me mate.
Money's never been my guvnor.
Especially when you consider the amount of money that fraudsters already got from football.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:21 pm

Quite right Mon Ami.
3 games or 23 makes no difference with this cunt.
If they actually think he's capable of change after 20 odd years in management then they need medical attention.
Your last paragraph sums him up quite nicely. A greed driven inept cunt desperately clinging on to his job.
Hmmm. I know if I had a contract measured in millions of £££s per annum I would hang on as long as I could. And I suspect, old chap, you would be tempted to as well. ;)
It doesn't really matter one way or the other if he stays or goes......his contract, if his lawyers are any good...... would be paid up to the end of it's tenure in full......if it was me I'd take the money and run and then spend a few weeks on the Costa de Southend without the worry and stress the job brings.....and then look for my next gig in a few months time

Towie

Post by Towie »

palerider wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:33 pm I despise this idea of giving a manager a set number of games to save his job.

It puts undue pressure on not just him but his team, and in most cases will end in tears. Even McDullard shouldn't have to endure that and it shows weakness by the club. The very fact they're considering it, if true, shows they've lost trust and it's a pointless exercise in a last ditch hope of avoiding compensation.

The clueless cunt should resign anyway of course but he won't. He knows West Ham are as good as he's ever going to get.
Ultimately it show's that the club is willing to sacrifice a potential 9 precious points by not getting rid of him when the WC break started. Any potential incoming manager will now have his work cut out getting the team back on line and desperately needing to get points back on the board. Loose those 3 games he has allegedly been given to turn things around and we could be sat with just 14 points after half the season gone......,.not an easy task.
Would you as a manager want to take it on, with the possibility of getting a relegation from the PL on your CV.......not me
Might be waiting to see what managers are available after World Cup.

Southgate
Martinez

Spring to mind, and fill me with utter dread.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Towie wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:57 pm

Might be waiting to see what managers are available after World Cup.

Southgate
Martinez

Spring to mind, and fill me with utter dread.
And now you have just fucked my afternoon.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:31 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:23 pm

Many would say Everton have been a basket case for so many years and they appointed one of the most successful Managers in World Football,Carlo Ancelotti.
But Everton are still regarded as a “proper” football club within the game. RIghtly or wrongly.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:48 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:31 pm

But Everton are still regarded as a “proper” football club within the game. RIghtly or wrongly.
Historically yes,I fully agree with you. Different times now though.

JayK

Post by JayK »

andyginbrasil wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:52 pm

It doesn't really matter one way or the other if he stays or goes......his contract, if his lawyers are any good...... would be paid up to the end of it's tenure in full......if it was me I'd take the money and run and then spend a few weeks on the Costa de Southend without the worry and stress the job brings.....and then look for my next gig in a few months time
I can think of better places to run to tbh. I live in southend and it’s got worse and worse. Jaywick might be nice
COYI!!!

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

JayK wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:10 am
andyginbrasil wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:52 pm

I can think of better places to run to tbh. I live in southend and it’s got worse and worse. Jaywick might be nice
Don't knock Jaywick.
I spent a fortnight in Grimsby one day. :?
Love a cup of Rosey I do.