Conference League ticket prices

Chat about anything football related here!
Newmarket

Re: Conference League ticket prices

Post by Newmarket »

hd1 wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 1:33 pm Prices seem reasonable for what is a huge game for us whovever we play. I've bought mine as it makes no difference to me who we play, why should it?

Ultimately individual choice but moaning about it, really?
I agree , to a point , but as stated in the above Kumb HU thread , it’s how they the club have gone about it rather than the actual pricing .
The club , apparently, have agreed to run stuff like this past the ISC ticketing sub committee to then be put to the full ISC (of which HU are a part) committee at a specially convened meeting and put to the vote .
Either the club haven’t followed protocol at all or the ISC sub committee approved without conferring with their governing body which also against protocol.
That’s why HU are moaning . The club set up the ISC and their sub committees in order to fall in line with UEFA regulations insisting clubs take part in meaningful discussion with supporters groups .
And procedure hasn’t been followed whether we agree or disagree it IS fact.
I’m no longer a STH anyway but if I could afford one and I was inclined to attend cup games as well I’d be inclined to think the pricing is reasonable tbh … but the club appear to be making it up as they go along . By all accounts this club and ticket allocations , particularly for away games are forever a nightmare but that’s for a different thread , I’ve never had any problems myself .
Imagine going all the way to Frankfurt to pick up your ticket for the game to discover it’s been given to/stolen by someone else ( just an example) ? Hammers United are forever having to sort shit like this as the club just don’t give a fuck
Bring back Jonathon !

hd1

Post by hd1 »

Newmarket wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 6:23 pm
hd1 wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 1:33 pm Prices seem reasonable for what is a huge game for us whovever we play. I've bought mine as it makes no difference to me who we play, why should it?

I agree , to a point , but as stated in the above Kumb HU thread , it’s how they the club have gone about it rather than the actual pricing .
The club , apparently, have agreed to run stuff like this past the ISC ticketing sub committee to then be put to the full ISC (of which HU are a part) committee at a specially convened meeting and put to the vote .
Either the club haven’t followed protocol at all or the ISC sub committee approved without conferring with their governing body which also against protocol.
That’s why HU are moaning . The club set up the ISC and their sub committees in order to fall in line with UEFA regulations insisting clubs take part in meaningful discussion with supporters groups .
I’m no longer a STH anyway but if I could afford one and I was inclined to attend cup games as well I’d be inclined to think the pricing is reasonable tbh … but the club appear to be making it up as they go along . By all accounts this club and ticket allocations , particularly for away games are forever a nightmare but that’s for a different thread , I’ve never had any problems myself .
Imagine going all the way to Frankfurt to pick up your ticket for the game to discover it’s been given to/stolen by someone else ( just an example) ? Hammers United are forever having to sort shit like this as the club just don’t give a fuck
So it may well be the fault of the sub-committee for all we know? That said, it's hardly the end of the world in the greater scheme of things.

As for away games, never had any problems with ticketing tbh. I was out in Frankfurt (and tickets were issued with photo ID only) and the staff managed to deal with the issue of the stolen tickets quite well considering the amount of time they had before the game to get it sorted. What is more to the point is that some cunt of West Ham supporter robbed lots of our own. HU had nothing to do with sorting it out.

Towie

Post by Towie »

Agree with that ticketing at this club us a big problem, especially for away games.
Generally we get 3000 tickets per away games, 300 in s ballot means that 90% of away tickets are sewn up, probably by Sullivan arse lickers.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

hd1

Post by hd1 »

Towie wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 8:32 pm Agree with that ticketing at this club us a big problem, especially for away games.
Generally we get 3000 tickets per away games, 300 in s ballot means that 90% of away tickets are sewn up, probably by Sullivan arse lickers.
Tickets go to points holders. You might want to question why some of those buy the tickets to get the points and then sell them on so that they can then go to the 'big' away games.

Whilst this does reward regular away fans it's clearly not perfect but neither would be putting more into the ballot.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

hd1 wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 8:22 pm

So it may well be the fault of the sub-committee for all we know? That said, it's hardly the end of the world in the greater scheme of things.

As for away games, never had any problems with ticketing tbh. I was out in Frankfurt (and tickets were issued with photo ID only) and the staff managed to deal with the issue of the stolen tickets quite well considering the amount of time they had before the game to get it sorted. What is more to the point is that some cunt of West Ham supporter robbed lots of our own. HU had nothing to do with sorting it out.
To my knowledge Hammers United have represented many West Ham supporters’ individual gripes with the club re ticketing problems . And the problems in Frankfurt were the source of some of those instances and
I believe some are still ongoing .
I don’t know who or what was responsible for tickets going missing but there is obviously something amiss with the system in the first place so I think your last sentence is a bit unfair as , as I say , some of these cases are still ongoing .
Bring back Jonathon !

Towie

Post by Towie »

hd1 wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 8:37 pm
Towie wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 8:32 pm Agree with that ticketing at this club us a big problem, especially for away games.
Tickets go to points holders. You might want to question why some of those buy the tickets to get the points and then sell them on so that they can then go to the 'big' away games.

Whilst this does reward regular away fans it's clearly not perfect but neither would be putting more into the ballot.
And that is my gripe, the club should be checking who are selling these on. As they should go down the points scale.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.