Armstrong Oko-Flex

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Armstrong Oko-Flex

Post by Whiskyman »

Another "star of the future" according to many seems to be likely to end up plying his trade in the lower leagues, following in the footsteps of other bright young things like Nathan Holland (remember him ?) and sveral others who have gone the same way.

Oko-Flex has been on loan at Swansea, a moderate Championship side and made ONE start during his time there. Hardly suggests we have the next Trevor Brooking coming through does it ? The kid is 21 in a couple of months and if we look at the careers of the best players in the game, not just the super stars like Jude Bellingham and Pedri who are playing for their countries at 19, most have made a significant breakthrough by the time they reach that age.

So he comes back to West Ham, takes a place in the Under 21s which might otherwise be occupied by a younger player with better potential, such as Callum Marshall who apparently is getting talked about a lot. That structure can hardly be helping the development of the next batch of likely kids can it ?
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Towie

Re: Armstrong Oko-Flex

Post by Towie »

Apparently the Swansea fans are not happy he was recalled.
And were wanting him to get more game time.

I would think if he was recalled that West Ham are not happy with the starts he was getting.

Off course he is no Bellingham or Pedri, but as we are so wank at the moment surely he could do no worse than Antonio, Bowen or Benny?

I notice Chesters was also recalled from his loan.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Are these the incomings Moyes was alluding to?!

As for the transfer market, I can't seem to get that old saying out of my head .." A fool and his money are easily parted".
Last edited by eskimo joe on Sun Jan 08, 2023 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Towie wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 10:25 am Apparently the Swansea fans are not happy he was recalled.

I would think if he was recalled that West Ham are not happy with the starts he was getting.

Off course he is no Bellingham or Pedri, but as we are so wank at the moment surely he could do no worse than Antonio, Bowen or Benny?

As was Thierry Nevers from Newport .
None of em getting game time .

There seems to be an awful lot of David Moyes’s in the lower leagues doesn’t there ?

Or maybe they just ain’t no good ?

I read the Swansea fans apparent opinion on the perv .

Somebody on another West Ham message board mentioned a source at Swansea , quite early into the loan , saying he had a bit of an attitude.

Why am I not surprised ?
Bring back Jonathon !

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

You could say the same about senior players/ first team not developing. Downes, Benrahma, Mubama for instance.
Moyes couldn't resist having another dig at Benrahma in his post match interview about not being a team player at times, which is probably true on occasions, but don't publicly announce it, coach the player, that's what he's paid to do.
If he's not the right player for Moyes maybe Moyes should fuck off or Said should, because it's only getting worse for all involved, including us.
Moyes and Benrahma clearly do not get on, and could be to do with the fact that Moyes keeps slagging the bloke off on TV.
Anyone see Guardiola bigging up the 18 year old who changed the game for them the other day.
Could you ever imagine Moyes coming out with the same?.
Same with Downes. Who in their right mind would look at Downes and say that he should be played in a 10 roll? Moyes that's who.
Perfect game to see what Mubama could offer again yesterday. Yet we had to endure Antonio going through the motions.
We will never know if he's improving because he's not getting that chance.
Scammaca the other night, that was a very tidy finish, not a hit and hope. Having a really good game, didn't look like he wanted to come off, yet that cunt brings him off the rest is history.
Maybe Oko flex simply didn't get on with the manager at Swansea or has asked to come back because he's not getting a chance.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Castiron wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 11:13 am You could say the same about senior players/ first team not developing. Downes, Benrahma, Mubama for instance.
Moyes couldn't resist having another dig at Benrahma in his post match interview about not being a team player at times, which is probably true on occasions, but don't publicly announce it, coach the player, that's what he's paid to do.
If he's not the right player for Moyes maybe Moyes should fuck off or Said should, because it's only getting worse for all involved, including us.
Moyes and Benrahma clearly do not get on, and could be to do with the fact that Moyes keeps slagging the bloke off on TV.
Anyone see Guardiola bigging up the 18 year old who changed the game for them the other day.
Same with Downes. Who in their right mind would look at Downes and say that he should be played in a 10 roll? Moyes that's who.
Perfect game to see what Mubama could offer again yesterday. Yet we had to endure Antonio going through the motions.
Scammaca the other night, that was a very tidy finish, not a hit and hope. Having a really good game, didn't look like he wanted to come off, yet that cunt brings him off the rest is history.
Maybe Oko flex simply didn't get on with the manager at Swansea or has asked to come back because he's not getting a chance.
I've never seen Oko Flex play. But I have Benrahma.

And while he's frustrating as hell at times he's our best chance of scoring with Antonio being as useful as tits on a piano. Although I'm hoping Scamacca begins to challenge that accolade.

And it's pretty much accepted that Benny was a Sully special. So my view why him and McDullard don't see eye to eye is that the bugster can't bear the thought of a diminutive chancer having more of an eye for a player than him.

And that he's a prize cunt of course.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Castiron wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 11:13 am You could say the same about senior players/ first team not developing. Downes, Benrahma, Mubama for instance.
Off topic I know , but do you have a link to that post match interview Cast ?
Reason I asked is he gave nothing but praise for Benny in the post match press conference (see match thread) .
Bring back Jonathon !

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

Newmarket wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 11:38 am
Off topic I know , but do you have a link to that post match interview Cast ?
Reason I asked is he gave nothing but praise for Benny in the post match press conference (see match thread) .
Here you go mate.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Towie wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 10:25 am Apparently the Swansea fans are not happy he was recalled.

I should fucking we’ll hope Chesters was recalled tbh. Colchester Ffs. Almost out of the league. And not a regular starter. Doesn’t bode well does it ?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Or maybe he just isn’t good enough and has a dodgy attitude as some Swansea fans have implied, if you read Newmarket’s post.

The players you mention as not developing here at least aren’t clogging up the routes to the Under 21s for the likely Under 18 kids. Oko-Flex, Chesters and Nevers will, unless we can farm them out again.