West Ham vs Everton Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

Re: West Ham vs Everton Official Match Thread

Post by Ibbyham »

normannomates wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:39 pm
Ibbyham wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:03 pm Good 3 points for West Ham but I still think Moyes need to go as West Ham WILL NOT get a win at Newcastle or at home against Chelsea or even away at Tottenham which I can't see us getting any point(s) from the next 3 games.

The only reason WHY we won today because Soucek WASN'T in the team, plus we were a bit quicker from defence to attack. Also we have creative player in Benrahma. Emerson did well especially in attacking position. Moyes has changed formation from the flat 4-2-3-1 to 3-4-2-1 and a little more support in attack like 3-4-3 during offensive.

We must keep that going but need to put Areola instead of Fabianski as Areola is slightly quicker to get the ball out for attacking play.
The Geordies are struggling to score goals, if we are smart and play with confidence, we have a good chance up there with the players we have.
As long as we stick to the same squad and NO Soucek on line-up. I would be more confident if Areola in GK than Fabianski.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

andyginbrasil wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:53 pm
Castiron wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:42 pm
I'm sure that flash cunt Wilson will find his shooting boots for us.
Didn't they sell him...or rumoured to be going to Forest......so we will get to see him soon one way or another
First I've heard Andy son🤔

Towie

Post by Towie »

Castiron wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:42 pm
I'm sure that flash cunt Wilson will find his shooting boots for us.
Didn't they sell him...or rumoured to be going to Forest......so we will get to see him soon one way or another
No that was ex Burnley player Woods.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Castiron wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:58 pm
I haven't seen that!?.
Probably because it hasn’t happened. ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

Ibbyham wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:13 pm
normannomates wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:39 pm
The Geordies are struggling to score goals, if we are smart and play with confidence, we have a good chance up there with the players we have.
As long as we stick to the same squad and NO Soucek on line-up. I would be more confident if Areola in GK than Fabianski.
Geordies lost only one game,their luck has to end soon... Shirley?

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

Ibbyham wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:03 pm Good 3 points for West Ham but I still think Moyes need to go as West Ham WILL NOT get a win at Newcastle or at home against Chelsea or even away at Tottenham which I can't see us getting any point(s) from the next 3 games.

The only reason WHY we won today because Soucek WASN'T in the team, plus we were a bit quicker from defence to attack. Also we have creative player in Benrahma. Emerson did well especially in attacking position. Moyes has changed formation from the flat 4-2-3-1 to 3-4-2-1 and a little more support in attack like 3-4-3 during offensive.

We must keep that going but need to put Areola instead of Fabianski as Areola is slightly quicker to get the ball out for attacking play.
Bit like the Spanish Inquisition there ibbs. The only reason was, the only 2 reasons we're, the only........... :lol:
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

palerider

Post by palerider »

BlackDiamond wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:50 pm Geo and chums churn the wheat from the chaff and forensically reveal wots wot...

I'm glad the boys (and girl) had a smile on their faces again, beers being downed with gay abandon on the freezing canal. But for me it was an oasis in a desert of shit. By general concensus, Everton were fucking awful. And while conceding 62% possession suited the McDullard blueprint, teams given the same opportunity, like Toon, the plastics and sadly the hook-nosed vermin in our next three will have a more potent attack and we'll be back to square one.

The win will give us a temporary confidence boost but the dour jock must still be ushered out of the back door.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

The worst Everton side I have ever witnessed.
The old cliche you can only beat what’s in front of you will ensue no doubt.
That was like putting an Elastoplast on a huge festering wound.

The next few games will be telling.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:02 am The worst Everton side I have ever witnessed.
The old cliche you can only beat what’s in front of you will ensue no doubt.
That was like putting an Elastoplast on a huge festering wound.

The next few games will be telling.
Absolutely.

But any other PL manager would look at that game, the formation, the individual performances however crap the opponents, and work on the the early stages of green shoots of recovery.

And stick with it, whatever the consequences. At the very least it would get the team gelling further with a settled side.

But you just know this incompetent cunt will pick Soucek at Newcastle. He won't be able to stop himself.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Newmarket wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:24 pm I didn’t see much during that second half to suggest Ings will be the saviour save giving Antonio a rest every week .

I expect him to play at Derby .

I enjoyed Emerson today , thought he did well , nothing to suggest Cresswell should be replacing him at any point and Nathan looks quality .

Even young Flynn looked good in the short time he was there. Wasted time well.
Aguerd looks to be the jewel in the summer transfer aquisitions, a player worth more than his transfer fee. All of the others look like an over spend. That's not to say they are crap - but where's the magic...it's a legitimate question.

Danny Ings is what I would call a functional striker, an 8 goal a season man and should those 8 goals be scrored in Europe then the club will be tilting at windmills. And I've not forgotten about Maxi Cornet, who might emerge as the russel-terrier on the left wing; scampering hither and thither, putting a jolt
of crackling effervescence into the rampaging counter offensives, which are West Ham's non de plume.

Then there is young Flynn, eager in the interception and a whirling dervish of snapping dispossessions, alongside Paqueta's insouciance and Rice's 360 degree defensive radar screening.

And you need blokes like that, when you have Thomas Soucek's rather casual approach to passing the parcel. Plus Antonio will always be Antonio and he wouldn't have it any other way...