West Ham vs Everton Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
eskimo joe

Re: West Ham vs Everton Official Match Thread

Post by eskimo joe »

BlackDiamond wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:34 am
Newmarket wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:24 pm I didn’t see much during that second half to suggest Ings will be the saviour save giving Antonio a rest every week .

I expect him to play at Derby .

I enjoyed Emerson today , thought he did well , nothing to suggest Cresswell should be replacing him at any point and Nathan looks quality .

Even young Flynn looked good in the short time he was there. Wasted time well.
Aguerd looks to be the jewel in the summer transfer aquisitions, a player worth more than his transfer fee. All of the others look like an over spend. That's not to say they are crap - but where's the magic...it's a legitimate question.

Danny Ings is what I would call a functional striker, an 8 goal a season man and should those 8 goals be scrored in Europe then the club will be tilting at windmills. And I've not forgotten about Maxi Cornet, who might emerge as the russel-terrier on the left wing; scampering hither and thither, putting a jolt
of crackling effervescence into the rampaging counter offensives, which are West Ham's non de plume.

Then there is young Flynn, eager in the interception and a whirling dervish of snapping dispossessions, alongside Paqueta's insouciance and Rice's 360 degree defensive radar screening.

And you need blokes like that, when you have Thomas Soucek's rather casual approach to passing the parcel. Plus Antonio will always be Antonio and he wouldn't have it any other way...
Where is.the magic?! You ask. Maestro Moyes has yet to learn those tricks of the trade. He is excellent at the ones he knows but they have long been sussed by the audience and have now become nothing short of a cheap and pointless parlour trick.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:02 am The worst Everton side I have ever witnessed.
The old cliche you can only beat what’s in front of you will ensue no doubt.
That was like putting an Elastoplast on a huge festering wound.

The next few games will be telling.
Agreed. Our game management is absolute toilet. At half time Everton were a busted flush. A poor side low on confidence and just going through the motions waiting for the final whistle. So what do we do. Defend deeper, hand them the initiative and allow them to create one or two half chances which, if one had gone in, would have seen their confidence leves rise and who knows what might have happened.

Football is a simple game FFS, If you've got the ball the opposition can't score. Rocket science it isn't. So why FFS do we persist in bringing every cunt back behind the ball and wellying clearances upfield so the opposition can come back and have another go ? When you're a couple of goals to the good just keep possession. Take care of the bloody ball and force the other lot to take chances if they want to get back into the game.

Next 3 league games will, as you say Dwayne, be telling. On the evidence of yesterday I don't see a massive points harvest coming our way.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:08 am
Dwayne Pipes wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:02 am The worst Everton side I have ever witnessed.
The old cliche you can only beat what’s in front of you will ensue no doubt.
That was like putting an Elastoplast on a huge festering wound.

The next few games will be telling.
Agreed. Our game management is absolute toilet. At half time Everton were a busted flush. A poor side low on confidence and just going through the motions waiting for the final whistle. So what do we do. Defend deeper, hand them the initiative and allow them to create one or two half chances which, if one had gone in, would have seen their confidence leves rise and who knows what might have happened.

Football is a simple game FFS, If you've got the ball the opposition can't score. Rocket science it isn't. So why FFS do we persist in bringing every cunt back behind the ball and wellying clearances upfield so the opposition can come back and have another go ? When you're a couple of goals to the good just keep possession. Take care of the bloody ball and force the other lot to take chances if they want to get back into the game.

Next 3 league games will, as you say Dwayne, be telling. On the evidence of yesterday I don't see a massive points harvest coming our way.
For some strange reason I fancy us to get something at Newcastle next week .
Even if it’s a 0-0 draw.
Geordies goals seem to have dried up .
Bring back Jonathon !

palerider

Post by palerider »

10.14am and you're already on the sauce Tim.

Sad state of affairs.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Hear Solvite wallpaper paste are going to be our next sponsors.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Newmarket wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:14 am
Whiskyman wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:08 am

Even if it’s a 0-0 draw.
They will have to do it without Craig who has just signed for Wolves £3.3M - decent return and a shame to wave the lad goodbye

The lads play Derby next monday - 0-3 and a Danny Ings brace is my forecast

then away to Newcastle and a 2-0 loss - DM leaves for Everton for he's a jolly good fellow and all that Jazz...

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

BlackDiamond wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:39 am
Newmarket wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:14 am

Even if it’s a 0-0 draw.
They will have to do it without Craig who has just signed for Wolves £3.3M - decent return and a shame to wave the lad goodbye

then away to Newcastle and a 2-0 loss - DM leaves for Everton for he's a jolly good fellow and all that Jazz...
You may have to adjust your Derby prediction accordingly
as I believe Ings is cup tied.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:51 am

That’s a blow , I had him down for a start as well
Bring back Jonathon !

palerider

Post by palerider »

Indeed so. In fact he scored the Villa goal.

A back 9 with Antonio ploughing a lone furrow then.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Ah fiddlesticks - your right and that's what happens when you don't do your research, I'm just like the Gonz all good intentions and dead wrong...