Derby vs West Ham FA Cup Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: Derby vs West Ham FA Cup Official Match Thread

Post by Whiskyman »

normannomates wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:37 pm Surprisingly pony Derby County performance..
It was far too easy for our players, but they mostly took advantage of that very well.
Nayef Aguerd is top drawer, he won't be here next season.
MOTM by some margin, and that jock womble McCoist gave it to Fornals!! 😃
On the basis of his second half performance which was impressive. Aguerd played as wel as he had tol but was never put under any pressure at any time in the game, same as the rest of our defence.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

normannomates wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:37 pm Surprisingly pony Derby County performance..
It was far too easy for our players, but they mostly took advantage of that very well.
Nayef Aguerd is top drawer, he won't be here next season.
MOTM by some margin, and that jock womble McCoist gave it to Fornals!! 😃
Apparently they had a few academy players playing, and I can hazard a guess as to why.

Now it's down to the real business, where it really matters. But enjoyed the win none the less.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

garnett

Post by garnett »

Morning, I`m in a dilemma, I dont only come on here to see peoples views, I read and watch what I can including the latest saint and greavsie instalment, I`m now actually beginning to doubt myself, am I really seeing something different to everyone else ?

From the 1st ping on my phone which was the line ups, we were paying them far too much respect, I was hoping that we would get some confidence out of this game by way of wiping the floor with them but no, yeah we won easily enough but I was bored shitless, no invention no class no entertainment.

The goals wasn`t good moves, fortunate I thought, but what the fuck do I know.

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

garnett wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:03 am Morning, I`m in a dilemma, I dont only come on here to see peoples views, I read and watch what I can including the latest saint and greavsie instalment, I`m now actually beginning to doubt myself, am I really seeing something different to everyone else ?

From the 1st ping on my phone which was the line ups, we were paying them far too much respect, I was hoping that we would get some confidence out of this game by way of wiping the floor with them but no, yeah we won easily enough but I was bored shitless, no invention no class no entertainment.

thought 2nd half we put some decent moves together...again with the caveat of who we were playing....bowen left it out there, antonio is always a handful (which is why id keep him in case we go down) and Auguard was mustard. Got a very decent pass on him. My Pablo had a average game, what he cant do stuck on the wing he makes up for with his energy , but its a fuckin waste of a talent.
Newcastle , chavs, spuds ...hmmmmm. not sure there is much there for us tbh.....think moyesy will be back knee deep in it nxt couple of wks.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

andyginbrasil wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:09 pm Maybe we ate going on a long awaited cup run..whoooope.....oh hang on Man U away next up.....anyway I enjoyed it while it lasted
Our game v United is jamned between Barcelona and Liverpool..You never know?

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

garnett wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:03 am Morning, I`m in a dilemma, I dont only come on here to see peoples views, I read and watch what I can including the latest saint and greavsie instalment, I`m now actually beginning to doubt myself, am I really seeing something different to everyone else ?

You are far from being alone in your thoughts......

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Very rare these days to see teams wiping the floor with the opposition tbh. Do enough to win seems to be the thinking among coaches in the game right now. Even Manchester City seem to adopt this policy. I've lost count of the number of times I've watched them go a goal or two up and then basically just go through the motions for the rest of the game. And sometimes, as it did when they played Everton, it comes unglued and they drop points.

Agree with you that last night's game had all the passion of a testimonial. And looking at the massive spaces behind the goal we were attacking in the second half it looks like a good many people decided to give the game a swerve.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

terrya1965 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:50 am
andyginbrasil wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:09 pm Maybe we ate going on a long awaited cup run..whoooope.....oh hang on Man U away next up.....anyway I enjoyed it while it lasted
Our game v United is jamned between Barcelona and Liverpool..You never know?
That would be somewhere in France Tel. I thought it was being played at OT. :D
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............