Out of touch, do you still want the board gone

Chat about anything football related here!
Herbiehammer

Re: Out of touch, do you still want the board gone

Post by Herbiehammer »

Clayton wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:02 pm
Herbiehammer wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:53 pm I have to ask why the hatred for the board?
They have certainly spent and they continue to do so.
Im a plastic supporter mostly nowadays so I dont have much clout but I cant really see what the board has done so wrong.
They run the club like a circus for a start .
Their taste in managers is nothing short of disgraceful.
And in no way should they have any say in what players come into the club .
They certainly dont have a track record for managers. Although Moyes was a good fit the last couple of seasons. This year hes been found out and doesnt seem to want to change
3 Donkeys on a shirt....

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Herbiehammer wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:32 pm
Clayton wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:02 pm
They run the club like a circus for a start .
Their taste in managers is nothing short of disgraceful.
And in no way should they have any say in what players come into the club .
They certainly dont have a track record for managers. Although Moyes was a good fit the last couple of seasons. This year hes been found out and doesnt seem to want to change
come unstuck second season

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Herbiehammer wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:30 pm
Brookbonds73 wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:00 pm I think the board are great and have taken us to another level.
As for the manager he's been unlucky and he'll get us through this tough time.
Hey Brookbonds good to see some of the old faces are still about, hope you are well

Ive no idea if youre being sarcastic :)
It's what the club and Moyes have done to the poor soul .

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Herbiehammer wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:30 pm
Brookbonds73 wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:00 pm I think the board are great and have taken us to another level.
As for the manager he's been unlucky and he'll get us through this tough time.
Hey Brookbonds good to see some of the old faces are still about, hope you are well

Ive no idea if youre being sarcastic :)
Welcome back mate hope you're doing well.
And yes was definitely being sarcastic. To say I hate the board and that thing we have as a manager is an understatement.
Hate them all, in equal measures mate.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Think your on a fucking wind up

You only have to look at Sullivan to tell what a cunt he is
The other cunt has popped his clogs if you didn’t know
We also have a slippery Czech investing money ;)
The club is run by fucking amateurs.
As for that prick manager and his entourage they will be unemployable anywhere else in the top flight.
So in a nutshell very little has changed in our glorious history albeit a couple of seasons here and there.

Up the Hammers.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Herbiehammer wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:53 pm I have to ask why the hatred for the board?
Im a plastic supporter mostly nowadays so I dont have much clout but I cant really see what the board has done so wrong.
There's more to running a football club than just s[pending money isn't there ? Ask yourself, do we have a succession plan for whn we change a manager ? Do we have a network of scouts unearthing talent at an early age ? Are the people running the club respected by their peers in the game ? Do you feel that West Ham is a club that wants itself to be taken seriously or is it just content to make up the fixture list ?

As for Moyes I reckon his system has been well and truly sussed and neither he nor his coaches seem to have any idea of how to implement a Plan B. But imo changing managers won't make a blind bit of difference. I've supported the club for 50 bloody years and I can count the number of what I would describe as decent seasons on the fingers of two hands, excluding thumbs. The club has always been mired in mediocrity, suffered 5 relegations, and imo always will be mediocre at best unless an enterprising, dynamic new owner comes along.

And do you think the dwarf has such a person on his speed dial? Remember who he sold Birmingham City to.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

palerider

Post by palerider »

Tbh I'm on the fence.

At times, well most of the time actually, I see no future other than down with the dwarf in charge, but they spent big for Mr Dead and again last summer. Third highest spenders in the world. The real problem isn't about serious money. It's how it's spent. Kicking out this gormless clown who manages us, encouraging not discouraging youth and expensive, crap signings may not have happened. Sullivan should have told Moyes 'It's my fucking club and I want the kids given a chance. If you don't like it, do one'. 'And claim constructive dismissal if you like. It'll be worth it getting the fucking stink out of the dressing room'.

No, he just hands it over and lets McDullard get on with it. A root and branch upheaval is needed which would cost less than the Pacman fee. With a director of football appointed well versed in the modern game, given the powers now solely in the hands of the stubborn Scotch twat.

It appears as though Kretinsky doesn't want the gig. If we stay up, hopefully somebody seriously fucking rich may be keen, in which case I'd welcome a takeover as long as they really cared about the club. Somebody like Leicester's Thai owner who's just written off 193m quid.

But as we've said many times, 'Be careful what you wish for.'

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:38 am
There's more to running a football club than just s[pending money isn't there ? Ask yourself, do we have a succession plan for whn we change a manager ? Do we have a network of scouts unearthing talent at an early age ? Are the people running the club respected by their peers in the game ? Do you feel that West Ham is a club that wants itself to be taken seriously or is it just content to make up the fixture list ?

As for Moyes I reckon his system has been well and truly sussed and neither he nor his coaches seem to have any idea of how to implement a Plan B. But imo changing managers won't make a blind bit of difference. I've supported the club for 50 bloody years and I can count the number of what I would describe as decent seasons on the fingers of two hands, excluding thumbs. The club has always been mired in mediocrity, suffered 5 relegations, and imo always will be mediocre at best unless an enterprising, dynamic new owner comes along.

And do you think the dwarf has such a person on his speed dial? Remember who he sold Birmingham City to.
You have summed it up perfectly Whiskyman. goodpost:)

Post by 9898 »

terrya1965 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:05 am
Whiskyman wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:38 am

You have summed it up perfectly Whiskyman. goodpost:)..... in a very senior, senile OAP way
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Got to admit don't watch Hammerschat on Youtube anymore , but do watch Claret and Booze and this morning Nick of that channel mentioned a recent Hammerschat video he took part in which had various guests on including Kris Akabusi , now I haven't watched it completely but man does Kris talk the talk , this from a man who knows what it is to be a professional sportsman .