Noticed a few changes

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: Noticed a few changes

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:20 pm I see Gonzo has taken to writing articles for Claret & Hugh rather a lot lately . And I mean a lot more than the odd one he always contributed .
And when I say writing I mean a brief opening paragraph followed by cut & pasties of various click bait sites on topics we’ve known about already from a day or two earlier .

Unusual for Kris to do this . Very strange .

And he’s been getting a good cunting off on Kumb too…
Tbh I admire the bloke's efforts but I no longer watch his You Tube offerings as they are very much same old, same old. Recycled rumour, stated as fact. If he's got a knack for writing he should sticj to that and let Geo do the clips---he's usually quite a good listen imo.

But maybe Gonzo has aspitrations to be the dwarf's new mouthpiece once Whetstone decides he can't be arsed any more. Tbh I find it hard to believe people actually pay for that sort of stuff, but good luck to them if they're raking in the readies.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:32 pm
Newmarket wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:20 pm I see Gonzo has taken to writing articles for Claret & Hugh rather a lot lately . And I mean a lot more than the odd one he always contributed .
And when I say writing I mean a brief opening paragraph followed by cut & pasties of various click bait sites on topics we’ve known about already from a day or two earlier .

Unusual for Kris to do this . Very strange .

And he’s been getting a good cunting off on Kumb too…
Tbh I admire the bloke's efforts but I no longer watch his You Tube offerings as they are very much same old, same old. Recycled rumour, stated as fact. If he's got a knack for writing he should sticj to that and let Geo do the clips---he's usually quite a good listen imo.

But maybe Gonzo has aspitrations to be the dwarf's new mouthpiece once Whetstone decides he can't be arsed any more. Tbh I find it hard to believe people actually pay for that sort of stuff, but good luck to them if they're raking in the readies.
I’m not sure people do pay for it do they ? I can usually access C&H easily enough on the odd occasion I wish to find out Sullivan’s stance on something or other.
Sean W and Hughie boy normally write the articles themselves but lately seem to be “subbing” them out to others , their “top blogger” being a particularly annoying Nosher .
Kris on the other hand is far from a board supporter and his style of writing in his original stuff isn’t what I’m reading this week on Claret & Spew .
Something is afoot …
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:46 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:32 pm

I’m not sure people do pay for it do they ? I can usually access C&H easily enough on the odd occasion I wish to find out Sullivan’s stance on something or other.
Sean W and Hughie boy normally write the articles themselves but lately seem to be “subbing” them out to others , their “top blogger” being a particularly annoying Nosher .
Kris on the other hand is far from a board supporter and his style of writing in his original stuff isn’t what I’m reading this week on Claret & Spew .
Something is afoot …
When I mentioned pay I was referring to their Patreon thingy. Sorry for the confusion. If C & H was a pay site people would starve. ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Post by 9898 »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:28 pm
Newmarket wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:46 pm

Something is afoot …
When I mentioned pay I was referring to their Patreon thingy. Sorry for the confusion. If C & H was a pay site people would starve. ;)
Patreon thingy? yes. It may be a bit too new technologicalizy for you. Think of it as when you was a teenager and in the bomb shelter after the air raid siren went off due to that pesky Hitler fella, and your4 Father or a neighbour stood up and started telling stories to keep you from getting bored. It's sort of a new fangled version of that but it costs a few quid rather than some powdered milk.
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

JayK

Post by JayK »

9898 wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:21 pm

Patreon thingy? yes. It may be a bit too new technologicalizy for you. Think of it as when you was a teenager and in the bomb shelter after the air raid siren went off due to that pesky Hitler fella, and your4 Father or a neighbour stood up and started telling stories to keep you from getting bored. It's sort of a new fangled version of that but it costs a few quid rather than some powdered milk.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Sorry but that was fuckin funny
COYI!!!

dorsetdano

Post by dorsetdano »

Powered milk wasn't a big thing in and around war time! Powdered egg was, as people were rationed to 1 fresh egg per person per week.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

dorsetdano wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:58 am

Powered milk wasn't a big thing in and around war time! Powdered egg was, as people were rationed to 1 fresh egg per person per week.
If they hadn’t have scoffed all the fucking chickens there’d have been enough eggs to go round .

Cunts
Bring back Jonathon !

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

A good time to be around then,we won the league war cup final.

whufc_crest